Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Jul 2021, 02:23 (Ref:4060346)   #301
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always liked the car and the idea but sadly completely ruined by the PR campaign and the forced program. Hopefully Peugeot, and Porsche/Audi/VAG, have the time they need to build something that works with time to test and verify with a full season before debut
Old 8 Jul 2021, 02:32 (Ref:4060347)   #302
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we are safe there. They won’t all win all the time, there can be only one winner. However, I reckon they’ll all have a decent go.

And yes, I so wanted the Nissan to do well. Despite the PR. And I’m glad it had a go. But man it was funny to watch.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 07:27 (Ref:4060366)   #303
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Wasn't that due to gearbox reliability concerns or something like that, drivers were told to avoid curbs? Not to mention that FWD requires different racing lines that would probably stand out as weird next to RWD cars. That aside, the car was probably too underpowered to even assess the handling.

nissan lmp1 car and the whole program in general was the sum of all possible bad choices that could be made in a racing program...
car used an old 2MJ flywheel system that revealed to be a failure from the very beginning, infact it was kept turned off for the whole time turning the car in a full FWD car with a terrible handling due a WTCC-like weight distribution.
The car was in general extremely fragile, suspensions were terrible and inadequate for the front tires size and it barely received a proper aero development as well.
Not to consider that usually work lmp1 are called "work" because of the direct involvment of the manufacturer, while nissan biggest effort in all that was doing great PR stuff and then actually just sending stickers to AAR...

motorsport doesn't forgive...
if you bring some "innovation" and win, you're great (like audi winning introducing a turbodiesel lmp1). If you bring some "innovation" and lose, you're just laughable.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4060398)   #304
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The front of the car has some very interesting features. Looks like vortex generators in front of where the front wing would be. My guess is they have one adjustable aero device somewhere underneath since its not the rear wing and I didn't see any front wing.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4060452)   #305
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
motorsport doesn't forgive...
I wanted the car to do well, even though I remember being fed up with the PR push months before it turned up at its first and only race.
But I'd say the only really unforgiveable thing Nissan did was not to follow their own slogan to the end: #eatsleepRACErepeat. They ate a humble pie, slept on it and pulled the plug.

The Peugeot 72 may have unconventional aero, but it's only really groundbreaking by 1970s standards. In fact, only about a week ago I mentioned in the Aston Martin thread that I expected the Valkyrie LMH to have no rear wing and rely mostly on ground effect, since even the road car already has massive tunnels. We'll never find out, but Peugeot sort of proves my point.
And otherwise the layout of 9X8 is completely conventional, the drivetrain formula is almost exactly the same as Toyota's and Ferrari's will be (mark my words). Comparisons with the Nissan are mostly visual. There's not much more scope for Peugeot to screw this it up than there was for Toyota. I reckon, just like for other hybrid LMH competitors, the hardest part will be power management, to juggle electric and ICE power staying as close as possible to the permitted limits at all times under full "throttle".
Old 8 Jul 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4060465)   #306
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
<joke> Well it's clearly not finished yet, it hasn't even got a rear wing! </joke>

I'm getting slight GT-R LM Nismo vibes from the front intakes. Could they be through-body tunnels like on the Nissan?
Through-body tunnels (GT-R style) don't work, so I doubt they are going for that.
Still perplexing, though.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 21:15 (Ref:4060466)   #307
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting video, looks nice in flesh so to speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3OnyjbJLUo
Old 9 Jul 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4060487)   #308
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wanted the car to do well, even though I remember being fed up with the PR push months before it turned up at its first and only race.
But I'd say the only really unforgiveable thing Nissan did was not to follow their own slogan to the end: #eatsleepRACErepeat. They ate a humble pie, slept on it and pulled the plug.

The Peugeot 72 may have unconventional aero, but it's only really groundbreaking by 1970s standards. In fact, only about a week ago I mentioned in the Aston Martin thread that I expected the Valkyrie LMH to have no rear wing and rely mostly on ground effect, since even the road car already has massive tunnels. We'll never find out, but Peugeot sort of proves my point.
And otherwise the layout of 9X8 is completely conventional, the drivetrain formula is almost exactly the same as Toyota's and Ferrari's will be (mark my words). Comparisons with the Nissan are mostly visual. There's not much more scope for Peugeot to screw this it up than there was for Toyota. I reckon, just like for other hybrid LMH competitors, the hardest part will be power management, to juggle electric and ICE power staying as close as possible to the permitted limits at all times under full "throttle".

nissan previous motto was: "Nissan, we know sportcars"
and they however made gt-r ?
they have always pushed hard on PR, like at example nissan drivers "turned" in nissan athletes etc... their PR can speak loud trying to get some dignity but... shame for them, motorsport is a different stuff.

Is however good to see lot of diversity, we have GR010 that is basically a conceptual lmp1 adapted to hyp tech. reg, 007 a conceptual lmp1 with a GTP design, peugeot with a radical and technical design.
Wonder what route will take ferrari... I wouldn't be surprise if they will pick a "hypercar-ized" FXX-K concept
Old 9 Jul 2021, 22:23 (Ref:4060558)   #309
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
FXX is old and traditional. I'm convinced Ferrari will go with a V6 hybrid prototype with a "spiritual" (and styling) link to a PHEV road car.

But back to Peugeot. Here's leaked a race ready aero package

By the way, am I the only one missing the yellow lights?
Old 10 Jul 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4060599)   #310
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
That just looks so much better.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4060619)   #311
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
FXX is old and traditional. I'm convinced Ferrari will go with a V6 hybrid prototype with a "spiritual" (and styling) link to a PHEV road car.

But back to Peugeot. Here's leaked a race ready aero package

By the way, am I the only one missing the yellow lights?
Does that have a grill on front?
Old 10 Jul 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4060661)   #312
canaglia
Veteran

stick a Talbot Sport decal on that car
Old 16 Jul 2021, 02:34 (Ref:4061141)   #313
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
The demo car is at Monza
https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/the-a...-at-monza/7095

Old 16 Jul 2021, 07:58 (Ref:4061164)   #314
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's bigger than I expected
Old 16 Jul 2021, 08:04 (Ref:4061166)   #315
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It certainly looks quite big for a sportscar
Old 16 Jul 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4061231)   #316
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
"Dodge brand being considered for IMSA return based on Peugeot LMH"

https://racer.com/2021/07/16/dodge-b...n-peugeot-lmh/
Old 16 Jul 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4061269)   #317
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
I can totally see that Dodge "cross" grille inside that front intake instead of the lion badge.

Quote:
Dodge is no stranger to prototypes, having commissioned a factory LMP1 program which raced at the 24 Hours of Le Mans the early 2000s.
Not quite. Not only it was under the Chrysler brand, but at the time they even rebadged Dodge Vipers as Chryslers in Europe.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4061270)   #318
canaglia
Veteran

in late 90 early 2000s dodge was involved with oreca on the viper gts program.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4061304)   #319
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I can totally see that Dodge "cross" grille inside that front intake instead of the lion badge.

Not quite. Not only it was under the Chrysler brand, but at the time they even rebadged Dodge Vipers as Chryslers in Europe.
Yeah, Chrysler is a badge ONLY. Dodge drove that bus wholly and only used the Chrysler badge as that was the available brand in Europe. All Vipers were Chryslers at that time in Europe before the SRT stupidity.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 22:16 (Ref:4061307)   #320
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was good for marketing, which is why Dodge did it. So I can see why they did it while they could
Old 17 Jul 2021, 00:15 (Ref:4061319)   #321
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Stellantis (thanks to "Sniff and Smith" I immediately imagine a crappy eurodance outfit from the '90s every time I come across this name) still has a lot of scope for rebadging the 9X8. Alfa Romeo and Maserati need a boost, especially in the US.
And if they get rid of the shark fin completely but make the two outer fins a lot higher they can rebadge the car as Ram
Old 17 Jul 2021, 00:37 (Ref:4061320)   #322
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A fellow sniff fan, excellent.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4061372)   #323
S griffin
Veteran

Now there is a name from the past
Old 19 Jul 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4062081)   #324
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Now there is a name from the past
Apologies, but which name are you referring to griff?
Old 19 Jul 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4062092)   #325
S griffin
Veteran

Np, that Sniff and Smith