Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Oct 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3859983)   #661
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Graham still does the ELMS commentary, which I think is provided by RSL. I doubt they are "divorced". Sadly, I haven't had time to listen to MWM or the new MP/GG podcasts for months.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 06:59 (Ref:3860492)   #662
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I really enjoy the MP/GG podcast - it keeps me company on my drives around for business.

I have got a little bored with MWM - too much off topic banter for me these days
Old 4 Nov 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3860979)   #663
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I really enjoy the MP/GG podcast - it keeps me company on my drives around for business.

I have got a little bored with MWM - too much off topic banter for me these days
Yes I have been listening to Midweek motorsport WAY less since the Pruett/Goodwin podcast started running. S365 podcast is awesome too.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3861174)   #664
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Funny isn't it - I never listen to MWM. For me, RLM is a Le Mans thing.....
Old 14 Nov 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3863322)   #665
ClaireSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Funny isn't it - I never listen to MWM. For me, RLM is a Le Mans thing.....

I was on RLM at the weekend as they were covering our Race of Remembrance
Old 18 Nov 2018, 21:56 (Ref:3864045)   #666
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Pretty disappointing that RLM guys think it is ok to spoil the results of other ongoing or already finished race.

Earlier tonight during the 24h of Cota broadcast Hindy decided to out of nowhere congratulate Aston Martin for winning GTE. Then Shea semi-jokingly said "spoiler alert" and the other guy (forgetting the name again) spoiled also the overall winner referencing how boring the race apparently was.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:41 (Ref:3864154)   #667
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Pretty disappointing that RLM guys think it is ok to spoil the results of other ongoing or already finished race.

Earlier tonight during the 24h of Cota broadcast Hindy decided to out of nowhere congratulate Aston Martin for winning GTE. Then Shea semi-jokingly said "spoiler alert" and the other guy (forgetting the name again) spoiled also the overall winner referencing how boring the race apparently was.
So a radio station whose content is about sports car racing shouldn't talk about the results of sports car races which finished hours earlier (and which they had already broadcast live), just in case you hadn't seen the result yet?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3864159)   #668
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
So a radio station whose content is about sports car racing shouldn't talk about the results of sports car races which finished hours earlier (and which they had already broadcast live), just in case you hadn't seen the result yet?
Eh, I see deggis point here. You can't watch both live (with sound, anyway), so if you're planning on watching one after the other, or WEC tape delayed (because of the anti-social start times) then it does ruin it.

I do watch the WEC tape delays for the Asian races, and I know to avoid social media and Ten Tenths. Now I know to avoid RLM as well, which is a shame.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3864170)   #669
dwh43scale
Racer

United Kingdom
In exile from Derbyshire in t'South
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course there is a strong resistance to posting results on the MWM Collective without a very big "Spoiler" warning ... I'd tend to the theory of cock up rather than conspiracy in this case.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3864293)   #670
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m not sure the rest of the world should not talk about something just to please someone who has chosen to wait to watch. Even if on at the same time. Others might like to here what is going on concurrently.

I tend to watch delayed too.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3864295)   #671
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Maybe they shouldn't when it had only finished half a day ago - not a week ago and it is known as a race with less ideal start time for Europe. There was no need to bring up the WEC race result at all, because the series are unrelated.

What made this worse is that while Hindy's mentioning of the GTE winner may have been somewhat accidental, the other guy did it knowingly. He reminded me of those people on the web and in real life who get satisfaction from spoiling movie plots for others.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3868510)   #672
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
So it's not even referred to as Radio Le Mans anymore but rather 'RS1'.

And John Dagys has replaced Graham Goodwin on MWM (and immediately spread falsehoods about the new LMP regs). I think everybody can see where this is going...
Old 7 Dec 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3868531)   #673
SnoodyMcFlude
Rookie

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They've referred to it as the RS network of channels for a good few years now I think.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3868534)   #674
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
True, but even during MWM they still referred to the actual station as Radio Le Mans.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3868568)   #675
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
So it's not even referred to as Radio Le Mans anymore but rather 'RS1'.

And John Dagys has replaced Graham Goodwin on MWM (and immediately spread falsehoods about the new LMP regs). I think everybody can see where this is going...

No I don't know where this is going. Can you elaborate sir? What was so false about what John Dagys said by the way? I like Mr. Dagys a lot myself. I was surprised to see him on MWM I must say.

Its enough to confirm my suspicion. Graham and Marshall are completely out of the picture with Midweek Motorsport now. Replaced more or less by Shea Adam, occasional appearances by Johnny Palmer. and for now John Dagys. Lets see if that is a one-off or it comes more regular.