Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3810164)   #16
Chiana
Veteran
 
Chiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,777
Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Little worried for Corvette now for Le Mans after Sebring? May be one of those years they get tails whooped? Seems to be hit or miss for them this decade.
Why worried... after dominating Daytona they and Ford just didn't get free everyone's-a-winner gifts like everyone else did, so it's business as usual. The given lottery numbers at LM will be entirely different anyway

BMW probably will receive the best tickets though, because it's appropriate PR to win on first comeback year AND they didn't win manage to win 2010 or 2011 with the previous iteration
Chiana is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Mar 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3810171)   #17
MaskedRacer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,426
MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why worried... after dominating Daytona they and Ford just didn't get free everyone's-a-winner gifts like everyone else did, so it's business as usual. The given lottery numbers at LM will be entirely different anyway

BMW probably will receive the best tickets though, because it's appropriate PR to win on first comeback year AND they didn't win manage to win 2010 or 2011 with the previous iteration

I give you the point sir. Note that in the past 5 years GT has 5 different winners. Porsche (2013), Ferrari (2014), Chevrolet (2015), Ford (2016), Aston Martin (2017). Only BMW can keep that streak of new winners going this year.
MaskedRacer is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Mar 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3810176)   #18
Chiana
Veteran
 
Chiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,777
Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My memory is bad because I haven't paid that much attention in recent years to this side of the paddock but I think the only races this decade where it wasn't mainly decided on favorable/unfavorable BoP and/or close wheel to wheel action BoP provides were 2010 (everybody except Porsche dying) and 2012 (Ferrari direct injection ie better engineering than others)

Anyway even if/when BMW gets good tickets from the committee, you have to remember that the taxi cab M3 got somewhat the same treatment as well - certainly in 2011 at least - yet managed to screw it up, so I'm not sure they'll be able to win it

After all, it took Aston Martin so many years to win the class [in PRO] regardless of BoP. Back in the days of DBR9, ie competition without BoP (except for 2006 ALMS), it took them 'only' 3 years to be able to win GT1 at Le Mans. So in a way, winning in BoP competition can be just as difficult as winning in engineering competition, or even harder (unless you are given absurdly favorable political values), because there's not much room to move your muscles. And screwing up multiplies when everyone is artificially that close, not potentially laps away

Last edited by Chiana; 23 Mar 2018 at 16:20.
Chiana is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Mar 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3810214)   #19
canaglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 612
canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
My memory is bad because I haven't paid that much attention in recent years to this side of the paddock but I think the only races this decade where it wasn't mainly decided on favorable/unfavorable BoP and/or close wheel to wheel action BoP provides were 2010 (everybody except Porsche dying) and 2012 (Ferrari direct injection ie better engineering than others)

Anyway even if/when BMW gets good tickets from the committee, you have to remember that the taxi cab M3 got somewhat the same treatment as well - certainly in 2011 at least - yet managed to screw it up, so I'm not sure they'll be able to win it

After all, it took Aston Martin so many years to win the class [in PRO] regardless of BoP. Back in the days of DBR9, ie competition without BoP (except for 2006 ALMS), it took them 'only' 3 years to be able to win GT1 at Le Mans. So in a way, winning in BoP competition can be just as difficult as winning in engineering competition, or even harder (unless you are given absurdly favorable political values), because there's not much room to move your muscles. And screwing up multiplies when everyone is artificially that close, not potentially laps away
Actually your memory is bad indeed (no offense)

as far I can remember...

le mans 2013, 458 gte had a really bad bop and basically has never been able to fight for the win (despite 2012 domination). On the otherside AMR vantage received all kind of bop helps (larger fuel tank, weight down, restrictors larger and aero/rear wing waiver). The 3 cars were the fastest gte and didn't win because of accidents and unluck - bad pit stop strategy for the last pit stop.

Le mans 2016.... it was so clear that ACO was going to help the newbie ford that bop was simply hilarious....


BTW le mans 2010 porsche 997 gt3 rsr performances weren't great at all.... risi 430 and corvettes were on the edge, but reliability wasn't by ther side.
canaglia is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Mar 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3810220)   #20
Chiana
Veteran
 
Chiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,777
Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Actually your memory is bad indeed (no offense)

as far I can remember...

le mans 2013, 458 gte had a really bad bop and basically has never been able to fight for the win (despite 2012 domination). On the otherside AMR vantage received all kind of bop helps (larger fuel tank, weight down, restrictors larger and aero/rear wing waiver). The 3 cars were the fastest gte and didn't win because of accidents and unluck - bad pit stop strategy for the last pit stop.

Le mans 2016.... it was so clear that ACO was going to help the newbie ford that bop was simply hilarious....


BTW le mans 2010 porsche 997 gt3 rsr performances weren't great at all.... risi 430 and corvettes were on the edge, but reliability wasn't by ther side.
???

What?

I don't get this post, everything you say here is basically repeat of what I already implied

Lost in translation, perhaps
Chiana is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Mar 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3810234)   #21
canaglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 612
canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
apologize; my bad. I'm a quick reader, guess I've read

"but I think the only races this decade where it WAS mainly decided on favorable/unfavorable BoP and/or close wheel to wheel action BoP provides were 2010"

while, atcually you wrote the exact reverse
canaglia is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Mar 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3810413)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran
 
NaBUru38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Posts: 7,884
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why worried... after dominating Daytona they and Ford just didn't get free everyone's-a-winner gifts like everyone else did, so it's business as usual. The given lottery numbers at LM will be entirely different anyway

BMW probably will receive the best tickets though, because it's appropriate PR to win on first comeback year AND they didn't win manage to win 2010 or 2011 with the previous iteration
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I give you the point sir. Note that in the past 5 years GT has 5 different winners. Porsche (2013), Ferrari (2014), Chevrolet (2015), Ford (2016), Aston Martin (2017). Only BMW can keep that streak of new winners going this year.
It feels like Speed Racer.
NaBUru38 is offline  
__________________
"Show me a driver who didnít make a handful of errors this year, and Iíll show you someone who wasnít trying hard enough." - David Malsher
Quote
Old 24 Mar 2018, 16:33 (Ref:3810436)   #23
canaglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 612
canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with the standard min.weight new m8 shown at daytona to be far from a competitive pace, but with the same last year weight brake, m8 shown good performances at sebring. If ACO will grant them the same bop, guess m8 will get a chance for le mans as well.
canaglia is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Mar 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3810442)   #24
Chiana
Veteran
 
Chiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,777
Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
apologize; my bad. I'm a quick reader, guess I've read

"but I think the only races this decade where it WAS mainly decided on favorable/unfavorable BoP and/or close wheel to wheel action BoP provides were 2010"

while, atcually you wrote the exact reverse
No prob
Chiana is offline  
Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3825886)   #25
MaskedRacer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,426
MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...-the-gtes.html

Nice to see the 4 Porsches lined up. I love it. Can't wait to see the Fords do the same thing. Should have a pic with all 10 Porsches if they can manage it.

Looks like mirror colors at #91(black), #92(white), #93(blue), #94(red)
MaskedRacer is offline  
Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 16:33 (Ref:3825887)   #26
GT6
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Posts: 8,263
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some good pictures there, look forward to weekend when we will see what they can do
GT6 is offline  
Quote
Old 1 Jun 2018, 22:38 (Ref:3826118)   #27
Mountain Man
Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 129
Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Agree just with these 6 manufacturers entry in gtpro, ACO should seriously think about a GT stand alone series as a new world FIA GT.
I disagree, Blancpain fills that role and associated SRO races. We are over-loaded with GT series at the moment
Mountain Man is offline  
Quote
Old 2 Jun 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3826162)   #28
airbusA346
Veteran
 
airbusA346's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
England
Staffordshire, UK
Posts: 4,704
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2018 GTE thread

Porsche are running special liveries on the #91 and #92 RSR's

https://mobile.twitter.com/PorscheRa...15791656521728

https://t.co/rjoTvprRGB
airbusA346 is offline  
__________________
JWA : Manthey Racing : Proton Competition
Quote
Old 2 Jun 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3826246)   #29
Mountain Man
Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 129
Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Porsche are running special liveries on the #91 and #92 RSR's

https://mobile.twitter.com/PorscheRa...15791656521728

https://t.co/rjoTvprRGB
Am I the only one who thinks the Rothmans livery doesn't work? Without the actual sponsor it seems a bad imitation. It's like a video game with Manchester Reds instead of Manchester United. It looks 99% the same, but the 1% ruins it.
Mountain Man is offline  
Quote
Old 2 Jun 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3826247)   #30
GT6
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Posts: 8,263
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it certainly does not work as well as the pink pig livery, If you were going to buy a model 911 in race livery i know which one i would choose
GT6 is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GTE / GTLM 2018, on the way to a new GT1 era hondafan37 ACO Regulated Series 526 21 Sep 2018 19:54
[WEC] BMW confirmed in GTE in 2018 AkioAsakura95 ACO Regulated Series 264 13 Sep 2017 17:52
[LM24] This year's GTE Thread MaskedRacer 24 Heures du Mans 164 26 Nov 2016 17:25
STOLEN Brian James Trailer & Astra GTE Rally Shell toonlad1978 Rallying & Rallycross 1 23 Jul 2010 14:27
mk2 Astra GTE 16v Suspension Setup Allen Mead Track Day Forum 2 18 Oct 2004 12:33


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.