Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 31 Oct 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1141310)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uphill racers - drivers and cars

A thread to discuss, well, drivers and their cars...

What do we know? Who's going to be in what? Post only what you know as fact, if you only think you know it or you've heard a rumour, make sure you say so.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1141517)   #2
keith h
Rookie

keith h should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well wolley old pal.I will be out with the chevron b25 in 05 to see if a sub 30 is possable at shelsley!regards from all at the chevron bar!!!!!
Old 31 Oct 2004, 20:35 (Ref:1141565)   #3
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome 'Arris.
Nice to see you here. You made it then.
And here is a pic of that good looking car.

Remember - Teme Valley boys get it up quicker.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 22:57 (Ref:1141634)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi Keith, and welcome aboard. While I love Shelsley, I love the Chevron Bar more.

So to answer a question asked earlier this year, how many hill climb cars do you own?
Old 1 Nov 2004, 00:18 (Ref:1141706)   #5
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I shall let 'Arris supply the answer to that Woolley but it would be fair to say that he has probably driven more vehicles up Shelsley than Roy Lane and Reg Phillips combined.

I hasten to add that most of them have not quite the speed of the above gentleman as they have manufacturers names like Poclain, BobCat Massey Ferguson etc and are used in his position as groundworks contractor at The Hill.

Bob Cat time from Kennel to Members is about 17mins 18 secs the last time we tried it.

The F3 Jamun was still quite poorly the last time I saw it following its incident at the September meeting.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 10:47 (Ref:1143703)   #6
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any more news as to who is driving what next year ?
Old 3 Nov 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1143976)   #7
Slapper
Rookie

England
Banjo country
Slapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Merrick is going to be sharing with Karl Davison in his Gould Judd
Old 3 Nov 2004, 18:37 (Ref:1144075)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Ooh, should be good. Chris seems to have been getting steadily quicker the last couple of years (not that he was slow before). I suspect he'll enjoy the Gould's handling.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 10:02 (Ref:1144586)   #9
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
I gather Ben Butterfield will be out in a V8 engined car next year as well, although hes being very secretive about what it is
Old 4 Nov 2004, 17:32 (Ref:1144914)   #10
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Ooh, should be good. Chris seems to have been getting steadily quicker the last couple of years (not that he was slow before). I suspect he'll enjoy the Gould's handling.
Is there any indication what he's doing with the Pilbeam?

Don't quite know how Karl's Gould stacks up against the competition. As far as I know it's a fairly standard GR37. The last I heard the Judd kicks out around 618bhp.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1144939)   #11
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MP72 went to the Tomlins, they were out in it at the last Prescott.

I like the 'around 618BHP', I'd heard 617.3.... Anyway I don't think the power is the issue, suffice it to say that 600ish BHP in a 500ish kg car on a hillclimb course is generally adequate. There are very few places where you're at full throttle/max power.

Paul
Old 4 Nov 2004, 23:38 (Ref:1145217)   #12
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I'll defer to your superior knowledge on that one Paul!

I'd forgotten about the sale to the Tomlinsons. At face value, it looks like a promising partnership for both drivers. I've long thought Karl could do more with that car, this could be just the chance he needed.

From my point of view, it'll make the race for numbers very interesting next year.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 01:01 (Ref:1145240)   #13
Paul Ranson
Racer

I think next year is going to be way more competitive than this year. And it's only 5 months away!

Paul
Old 5 Nov 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1145469)   #14
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
What chance of the 1600/2ltrs getting into the runoffs nxt year ?
Old 5 Nov 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1145597)   #15
Slapper
Rookie

England
Banjo country
Quote:
What chance of the 1600/2ltrs getting into the runoffs nxt year ?
I would have thought that depends on if anyone lends you one!!!!
Old 5 Nov 2004, 22:29 (Ref:1145862)   #16
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
Quote:
Originally posted by Slapper
I would have thought that depends on if anyone lends you one!!!!
Why would i need to borrow a car

dave
Old 6 Nov 2004, 17:31 (Ref:1146164)   #17
Slapper
Rookie

England
Banjo country
Quote:
Why would i need to borrow a car

so is there any truth about you and a new force then?
Old 7 Nov 2004, 19:54 (Ref:1146890)   #18
Paul Ranson
Racer

Just spotted this.

FWIW I can't see that qualifying a 1600 or 2 litre next season is going to be easier than this season. At most meetings this year there were at least 12 capable unlimited single seaters. And then you'd have to beat Phil Cooke and/or Trevor Willis. I suppose it depends how far you want to stick your neck out, and whether you mind having your head cut off from time to time...

Paul
Old 8 Nov 2004, 08:40 (Ref:1147238)   #19
Judd
Rookie

Judd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon that those drivers who have not changed cars this winter will find it easier to qualify in the runoff early next season than this season. There are a HUGE amount of changes in the unlimited class, we might not see any Fleetwoods? Paul and Groves are currently without a car? Deano has swapped, Jnr in new car, Durling without a car? Merrick in different car. Its going to take the drivers in the new cars until mid season before they settle and certainly in the wet. So, there might well be the opportunity for 2 litre drivers who are sticking with their cars to get in the runoffs early next season.

At least thats my opinion.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 11:26 (Ref:1147373)   #20
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a good opinion to me.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 11:35 (Ref:1147384)   #21
Paul Ranson
Racer

Quote:
Its going to take the drivers in the new cars until mid season before they settle and certainly in the wet.
IMO a big assumption.

Paul
Old 8 Nov 2004, 12:32 (Ref:1147418)   #22
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
Quote:
Originally posted by Slapper
so is there any truth about you and a new force then?
Slapper,you must have been talking to Webbo

All of the drivers currently looking for new cars for 2005, will probably have tested a new car pre season so should be up to speed by the time the season starts.
Anybody care to remember Adams slow start in 2003 and groovy has never been slow in any car weather he's driven it before or not.

Dave
Old 12 Nov 2004, 16:05 (Ref:1151702)   #23
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope this is the right place to ask, but i do live near to Shelsley and it wont take me long to get there at all , but i dont know when the meetings are, and as its been mentioned here i hope someone could help.

Thanks in advanced mike.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 17:18 (Ref:1151769)   #24
ranoff
Racer

ranoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Wooshy
i hope this is the right place to ask, but i do live near to Shelsley and it wont take me long to get there at all , but I dont know when the meetings are
I think its probably the best place to ask!

4/5 June British & Midland Championship

19/20/21 Sept Centenary Weekend(British Championship 20th)

10/11 Sept Midland Championship

Anybody chime in with the other dates? I had a calendar from the NEC Classic Motor Show which I can't find and my other notes with the B license meeting dates and the VSCC/members weekend dates is on my desk at work. Doh!

You could always drop by at the hill and pick up a calendar from Hon. Sec. or whoever is manning the office. He will probably force a membership application form into your hand!

If like me, you are a member, you are probably wondering why the full list of dates has yet to be circulated in MAC News or placed on the MAC website!

Mr 'Arris, do you have those other dates somewhere on that tidy desk of yours?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 18:28 (Ref:1151824)   #25
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well im heading over to knightwick anyway tomorow so ill pop in and get a calender, thanks very much mate, much appericated.