Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Apr 2011, 00:11 (Ref:2865399)   #251
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSK View Post
Nice one from DC, about the radio call to JB that Webber was hunting him down:
"The only way that message could be any scarier is if he said it in the dark."
Cracked up laughing at that one - think that we're really starting to see DC's humour come out now - he and Martin seem to be really enjoying the working relationship.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2865574)   #252
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was a great line from DC.

I have really warmed to him, I didn't enjoy him as a pundit and his quest to almost bully EJ at every opportunity (although anyone would find it hard to resist such an easy target I realise!).
Old 18 Apr 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2865615)   #253
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
That was a great line from DC.

I have really warmed to him, I didn't enjoy him as a pundit and his quest to almost bully EJ at every opportunity (although anyone would find it hard to resist such an easy target I realise!).
I too am warming to DC as a commentator, like MB, he also seems very capable of explaining in simple terms what's going on, plus they both seem to realise when a simple explanation is required.
I also thought he did an excellent job controlling (or trying to anyway) J H during the grid walk this weekend as Martin was busy composing himself in the commentary booth before the race. (Sometimes naievety is a useful asset, but I too thought it was obvious that Michael Schumacher wasn't in a mood for talking on the way to his car...)
When he was 'only' a pundit, he didn't come accross so well, plus he often looked extremely uncomfortable with the non-stop drivel that E-Jit kept coming out with.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2865620)   #254
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yup, DC is a talker of the highest calibre I think, very smooth operator.

He's slotted into Brundle's old role perfectly so Martin can feel comfortable to try and tell it as it is on track.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2865693)   #255
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Brundle's line about Button being "at the wrong petrol station" when he parked up in the Red Bull pit box was comedy gold. Although I think there's a drinking game in his use of the phrase "a day late and a dollar short".
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Apr 2011, 11:21 (Ref:2866389)   #256
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MB [referring to Webber]: "He's got all the grip of oiled oak coming off turn 15 there"

He's got such a gift for describing things
Old 20 Apr 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2866964)   #257
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too am enjoying the DC & MB commentary. Their one-liners are great and I think their ability to come up with all these sayings is a direct result of their years as racing drivers themselves, as I suspect a large majority are not DC & MB originals, more lines they have picked up while being drivers.

My particular favourite that Brundle has used is the line "he's hugging the inside like his favourite granny!". Brillaint.

They can both get inside the drivers minds as they have been there themselves, so they give relevant and funny comments for all situations. Brundle has always been very good at it, going right back to the Shumacher/Villeneuve C'ship decidng crash where Brundle commented "It hasn't worked Michael, you hit him in the wrong place son".

The dry, witty, no BS approach of the both of them makes the GP weekends alot more enjoyable.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 07:16 (Ref:2867362)   #258
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't read the whole thread - life's too short - but MB's knife/bread/butter/jam tyre softness analogy was utterly gifted!