Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2011, 15:19 (Ref:2863812)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Peobably a point for a separate thread but having every race a lottery, at least behind the Red Bulls, is just as bad as Bernie's randon water spray joke.

We seem to have gone down the, "if the drivers can't do it, we'll do it for them" route.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 16:02 (Ref:2863831)   #27
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Looked like Virgin was a second plus behind the HRT, maybe they shouldn't be there?
Yeah Virgin are having an absolute nightmare, am I right in thinking that they are going to do some wind tunnel testing on the car in the near future?

I've been quite critical of HRT, mostly to the owners and not the team, but their performance in Malaysia was quite solid and it would be little surprise to see them qualify ahead of both Virgins in the near future.

On a side note I had an absolute nightmare trying to watch practice, SKY was playing up and I had no internet! I'll be lucky to watch it this evening I think!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2863904)   #28
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Yeah Virgin are having an absolute nightmare, am I right in thinking that they are going to do some wind tunnel testing on the car in the near future?

I've been quite critical of HRT, mostly to the owners and not the team, but their performance in Malaysia was quite solid and it would be little surprise to see them qualify ahead of both Virgins in the near future.

On a side note I had an absolute nightmare trying to watch practice, SKY was playing up and I had no internet! I'll be lucky to watch it this evening I think!
hey frostie,
Do you have satelite, aerial or cable TV ?

Don't miss to join 10 Tenth Chatroom for the 3rd session and qualifying later on.
P3 starts from 2300 EST / 0300 UTC / 0400 BST / 0500 CET
and Qualifying from 0200 EST / 0600 UTC / 0700 BST / 0800 CET

Old 15 Apr 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2863920)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An excellent intro as always.

Apparently there could be a one stop race, as opposed to the plethora of stops at Sepang according to this article:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90734
Old 15 Apr 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2863941)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
So much better than last seasons: soft tyre - pit around lap 20 - hard tyre - sprint to flag monotony.

No rain forecast for qualifying or the race.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 04:18 (Ref:2864108)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red Bull suffering KERs problems again. Whilst I'm sure this is all a challenge it is making the racing a complete farce. Webber not a happy bunny today.

Seb V fastest with Button second, the Rosberg Merc going well but Lewis is struggling although with his pace that's a relative term.

Ferrari not doing so well either. Bet they can't wait to get back home. Wonder who'll be shot this time?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 06:22 (Ref:2864123)   #32
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber Out in Q1!!!! only running on the hard tires, what a muppet! P18 in the race.
Unbelievable!
Old 16 Apr 2011, 06:25 (Ref:2864124)   #33
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkingjedi View Post
Mark Webber Out in Q1!!!! only running on the hard tires, what a muppet! P18 in the race.
Unbelievable!
That was ridiculous from Webber and Red Bull. I know that they have a clear speed avadvantage but if you are in any doubt at the end of Q1 surely you have to use the option tyres. The lack of KERS cant be blamed solely for this effort but it was definitely very costly
Old 16 Apr 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2864126)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sounds like the Lotus has run out of fuel
Old 16 Apr 2011, 07:00 (Ref:2864128)   #35
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sounds like the Lotus has run out of fuel
probably a gear box problem, they could'nt push the car away.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 07:01 (Ref:2864129)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's a Renault. Di Resta through to Q3.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 07:01 (Ref:2864130)   #37
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How ironic that it was Petrovs faulty Renault that messed with Heidfelds quali chance
Old 16 Apr 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2864132)   #38
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Yep. A double blow for Renault. They looked quick.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 07:42 (Ref:2864147)   #39
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic run from Vettel he really is switch on .
Old 16 Apr 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2864156)   #40
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seb sitting in the car a long time there because they were "waiting for the FIA to tell them they could get out the car".

Do they really need to wait for permission to get out the car, or should I put my tinfoil hat on and suggest with such a quick exit from the racetrack, they didn't have time to put something back into position?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2864161)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Good laps from Rosberg, Alguersuari and Di Resta. Very well done all!

Perez outqualified Kobayashi for the first time. Did anyone catch that monster moment Checo had at the first corner (just as he went off camera) on that last lap rush?? I reckon he did well to hold that......
Old 16 Apr 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2864229)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Seb sitting in the car a long time there because they were "waiting for the FIA to tell them they could get out the car".
I suspect they were worried about the KERS on his car so wanted it to drain?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2864251)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Vettel wins!
Old 16 Apr 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2864258)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a great lap from Vettel. Mighty.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2864278)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup, he was just about inch perfect. The gap between him and the Macaroons is enourmous and we know he can handle the tyres from pole.

Good stuff from DiResta. I really hope he gets a good result. Could be replacing Webber at RB next year.

And Webber. Terrible luck. At least the team took the blame for the tyre choice.

I think the Renaults are the dark horses for good results tomorrow. Unlike Australia I expect Nick to be in the mix at the end.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2864315)   #46
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another good qualifying session from Vettel. What the hell happened to Webber? Was it the team's decision to stick him out on hard tyres? That is not a good idea. I don't know how much more of this Webber can take? I don't how far up the grid he will get tomorrow, in the race. We can hope that he will spice up the race tomorrow with some overtaking moves.

Well done to Button. Excellent second place. Maybe Hamilton can get into the mix tomorrow with more tyres?

Looks like it is going to be Vettel's race to lose, he just needs to keep his head. Maybe a one stop will pay off for him. Sad that there is still no rain.

Hopefully, Rosberg and the Renaults can get in the mix as well. Possibly challenge the Ferraris as the "best of the rest" pack.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2864343)   #47
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting - I think all the weirdness in quali (no last minute dashes makes it a bit of an anticlimax) is down to teams trying to retain enough of the right tyre for the race. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

SV is leagues ahead though. 0.7s is a lifetime. The combo of him and the RB is a tough nut to crack. Still, I have high hopes for the Maccas, esp. Button who I think likes the new tyres better than LH.

Think we may see another fast start from the Renaults Lotuses though.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 00:46 (Ref:2864595)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would not be surprised to see Webber crash out tomorrow in the race. He has a habit of getting too impatient with the extra traffic he will be tripping over from 18th, and make a rash / ill considered move as he did in Valencia.

The fact he is more than a tad rattled at the moment, and no doubt frustrated by the pace of Vettel against his own and might feel the need to prove something.

The reality of it is that he is just having the sort of bad luck that Seb suffered to a greater extent from last year. Oh yeah, and Seb is in the form of his life at the moment, and Mark is unable it would seem to match Sebs race pace and ability to make the rubber last as well, no doubt increasing his anxiety.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2864723)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Marvellous stuff from Humphrey on the grid walk there!

Pokes Vettel in the back whilst he's on the floor busy doing something with his drink bottle helmet attachments and despite Seb obviously not wanting to talk carries on with fairly inane questions.

Jake leave the grid walk stuff to DC and Brundle please and stick to the presenting duties!

Problems for Hamilton's air filter or something pre-race I heard?
Old 17 Apr 2011, 07:00 (Ref:2864725)   #50
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Air filter was flooded with fuel.

Really, just hand Vettel the championship and let's get that out the way!