Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was your driver of the race?
Vettel 0 0%
Webber 111 62.01%
Alonso 0 0%
Massa 1 0.56%
Hamilton 63 35.20%
Button 0 0%
Heidfeld 0 0%
Petrov 0 0%
Schumacher 1 0.56%
Rosberg 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Barrichello 0 0%
Perez 0 0%
Kobayashi 0 0%
di Resta 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Kovalainen 2 1.12%
Trulli 0 0%
Alguersuari 0 0%
Buemi 0 0%
D'Ambrosio 1 0.56%
Glock 0 0%
Liuzzi 0 0%
Karthikeyan 0 0%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2864906)   #26
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton, just over Webber. Lewis was supreme today - the overtaking despite speed advantanges was just clinical and bang on.

Great fair but firm racing from almost everyone today though. So much tempation for doors to be closed to with that much action/speed difference going on, but noone (except Perez, maybe Hiedfield) was anything but fair that I saw.

One thing that stops Lewis getting a pure 10/10 from me is that surely he lost a place before the first stop when he dropped behind Massa? We missed it live with Jenson's dodgy parking, and too much action for a reply! Anyone know what happened there?
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2864907)   #27
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
No question at all
You're right. You went Lewis of course?
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2864909)   #28
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2864916)   #29
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton and Webber both drove phenomenally but i think Hamilton edges it on the basis that he made some great moves on the track and Webber had a slightly poorer first stint (although the tyres didnt help)
Old 17 Apr 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2864935)   #30
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta be Hamilton, for the educated choice of not using another set of options at qualifying and for all the nice calm, collected overtakings on Sunday.

He patted Button on the back after Saturday and destroyed him on Sunday. Cleary the first man who REALLY adopted to what 2011 and Pirellis are about.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2864937)   #31
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massive props to Webber for dragging himself into third.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2864940)   #32
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went for Hamilton just over Webber, fine drives by lots of them today though.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2864942)   #33
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Can't help but wonder had Red Bull not gone for the 2 stopper with Vettels car, would he have won?
Yea a nice Rosberg-like 3 stoper, a working KERS and a working radio wouldnt have hureted.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2864946)   #34
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me Hamilton edged it by so very little a margin.
But Webber did a fantastic job.

In fact there were many excellent drives. Nice to see Massa coming back on form.
P
Old 17 Apr 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2864952)   #35
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Hamilton for me, drove a sensible race right to the end .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Apr 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2864953)   #36
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the context of the whole weekend, Webber.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2864987)   #37
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a great Webber fan but you've got to admire his drive today.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2864997)   #38
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton for me. He did everything he needed to in order to win today and pulled off some great overtakes. Webber did a great job too, but he is in what is probably still the fastest car in terms of raw pace so it shouldnt be a suprise that he was able to claim 3rd overall. Yes he started 18th on the grid but im sure if people think about it we can all think of similar drives, and some where drivers have even gone on to win the race, Barrichello at Hockenheim in 2000 for example.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2865014)   #39
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went for Webber in the end. A great drive to 3rd. I agree though, that he shouldn't have had that mistake in qualifying. Who knows where he would have been in the race, if he had not had that. I also think that starting on the soft tyre might have helped him as well. Still a great comeback drive from him.

Lewis in second place. Not using up his tyres this time. He must have learned the mistake from Sepang. Some good clean overtakes as well. Good that the leader of the race got caught and passed. Good for F1 as well.

Rosberg in third place as driver of the race. A pretty impressive drive. He beat Schumi, again. Sad that he missed out on a podium. It looked likely that this could have been Mercedes first win at one time, I was expecting McLaren to have a bad pitstop(Button aside) and the Mercedes to be leading still, but it didn't happen today.

Pretty decent drive from Vettel as well. Okay he had a bad start and got beaten in the race, but he still came away with third and is still top of the leader board. Bet he is sad he didn't make it 5 in a row.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2865019)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel came away with second.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2865021)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
Cleary the first man who REALLY adopted to what 2011 and Pirellis are about.
He'll be fine. But the track temps were much more like OZ. Lewis not so good when the temps are up and the track surface is more abrasive.

Vettel much compromised by two stop strategy. Button had a bit of a howler.

Gave it to Webber. Shame he got held up a bit in the early laps.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2865025)   #42
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber or Lewis. Can't I vote for both?

Webber it is for me.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2865033)   #43
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I almost had to flip a coin to choose between Hamilton and Webber, but as Webber finished 3rd from 18th and had no KERS, his drive impressed me more, despite the lovely overtaking by Hamilton.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2865038)   #44
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Hamilton, for the win and some seriously gutsy overtaking. Webber's recovery was fantastic after the early part of the race when he wasn't getting anywhere, and Massa and TGF both had good drives as well.

If I was Jenson Button I would be feeling a tad embarrassed now.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2865040)   #45
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Vettel came away with second.
Whoops, typo. Sorry.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2865048)   #46
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton for his overtakes, Webber was awesome though but Hamilton edges it for me
Old 17 Apr 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2865072)   #47
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis Hamilton what brilliant drive by him today.. Webber storming from the back of the grid.. Lewis gets my vote!
Old 17 Apr 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2865096)   #48
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Webber. Although Hamilton made some very good passes, he didn't have as far to go as Mark did.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2865110)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
He'll be fine. But the track temps were much more like OZ. Lewis not so good when the temps are up and the track surface is more abrasive.
Do you mean like Montreal last season?

I shouldn't bite I know...
Old 17 Apr 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2865114)   #50
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Potsie Webber for sure! A bad start, getting passed early on....I basically wrote him off and Brundle did too! All of sudden he was on the move and then appeared on camera regularly behind the leaders. Where the hell did he come from? I bet he had fun and upped his confidence in a big way. Vettel sure was sombre at the press conference. Button had a brain fart....that is the only explanation I can think of.