Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3282979)   #276
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Argentina is in deep issues, they can't afford Bernie's fees.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3282997)   #277
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Argentina is in deep issues, they can't afford Bernie's fees.
It wouldn't surprise me if "el presidenta" finds a way...
Old 29 Jul 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3283370)   #278
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like the Indian GP won't be happening next year, due to taxation issues as India doesn't recognise F1 as a sport. I personally don't see why F1 is in India, apart from the obvious; money in Bernie's pocket.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109083
Old 29 Jul 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3283374)   #279
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there is a certain irony that F1 is having problems in a country notorious for bribery, government corruption and ineptitude.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3283404)   #280
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe no race in 2014 in New Jersey either:

http://www.pitpass.com/49623-Lauda-s...-2014-calendar
Old 29 Jul 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3283444)   #281
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Looks like the Indian GP won't be happening next year, due to taxation issues as India doesn't recognise F1 as a sport. I personally don't see why F1 is in India, apart from the obvious; money in Bernie's pocket.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109083
India wants to move to an early year date and obviously can't afford an October date and have another one in March or April 6 months later so they are opting to miss 2014 and extend the contract another year out from 2015 to 2016...
Old 30 Jul 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3283580)   #282
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
India wants to move to an early year date and obviously can't afford an October date and have another one in March or April 6 months later so they are opting to miss 2014 and extend the contract another year out from 2015 to 2016...
I don't know about that, I think it's the tax issue for the teams and Whitmarsh raised this 2011.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94871
Old 30 Jul 2013, 06:44 (Ref:3283648)   #283
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't know about that, I think it's the tax issue for the teams and Whitmarsh raised this 2011.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94871
The tax issue maybe an excuse to cut completely or just F1 saying "don't stand on our toes. We always get our way...."

My news came from a report from Pitpass....

"Is India going to happen next year? Probably not," he told Reuters at the Hungaroring. Asked to reveals the obstacles facing the event’s future he would only say: "Very political."

It's understood that promoter Jaypee Sports International is keen to drop the race from the 2014 schedule but return in 2015 and extend the current contact to 2016.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3283719)   #284
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
The tax issue maybe an excuse to cut completely or just F1 saying "don't stand on our toes. We always get our way...."

My news came from a report from Pitpass....

"Is India going to happen next year? Probably not," he told Reuters at the Hungaroring. Asked to reveals the obstacles facing the event’s future he would only say: "Very political."

It's understood that promoter Jaypee Sports International is keen to drop the race from the 2014 schedule but return in 2015 and extend the current contact to 2016.
"Very political.", that could be a myriad of things.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3283728)   #285
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
i doubt it VERY much. have you seen how much money is being asked for? it's not 70% on 1/19th of their profit, it's 1/19th of their turnover. that's silly money for the teams to be expected to produce. imagine if all the nations hosting a gp demanded that? do they actually want a gp and to encourage more events being held there?

i think the promoters want to hold a race first and foremost for motorsport reasons. but much like the teams, bernie and some of the "legacy" races, they have this dated idea of what f1 means to people and business. it used to be a capitalist trophy of aspiration, moving technology forwards and hard work.

it's not any more. it hasn't changed with the times. if anything it has got bigger and worse. local companies don't have much of an opportunity to invest in the local event besides buying tickets for employees because so much is controlled by fom. there's no incentive to integrate it beyond the bars and nightclubs trying to lure in f1 personnel as these a+ worshipped people with cash to spend and whose presence will make the venue look better to the locals.

so yeah. it's only really russia that wants what f1 has to offer nowadays, isn't it?
Old 30 Jul 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3283861)   #286
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The Indian GP has been dropped for 2014.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ce=mostpopular
Old 30 Jul 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3283895)   #287
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
whats the weather like during those months? i think thats their hot season and i would guess that would doubly add to the problems with air quality.

can understand the logic of not wanting two events within six months but a year break will make it that much harder to build up a loyal audience.

my gut feeling is this race is not coming back.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3283903)   #288
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
whats the weather like during those months? i think thats their hot season and i would guess that would doubly add to the problems with air quality.

can understand the logic of not wanting two events within six months but a year break will make it that much harder to build up a loyal audience.

The temperature in March in New Delhi, ranges from 27ºC at the beginning of the month to 34ºC at the end. Early March would be preferable.

http://weatherspark.com/averages/339...ew-Delhi-India
Old 30 Jul 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3283932)   #289
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Thank God. The 2012 Indian GP was probably the most boring race I've ever seen, not to mention the apocalyptic gloom that likes to shroud that general area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

The average high in March is 30 (86), whereas the average high in April is 36.2 (97). And regarding the air quality, I agree - the monsoon season when air is generally moving the most is June-September. I'd expect an April race would be hot, miserable, and absolutely choked with pollution.

That last race was terrible - similar to what happened in Shanghai this year, but to a much larger scale...

Again, I agree - it's never coming back.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3284141)   #290
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i doubt it VERY much. have you seen how much money is being asked for? it's not 70% on 1/19th of their profit, it's 1/19th of their turnover. that's silly money for the teams to be expected to produce. imagine if all the nations hosting a gp demanded that? do they actually want a gp and to encourage more events being held there?

i think the promoters want to hold a race first and foremost for motorsport reasons. but much like the teams, bernie and some of the "legacy" races, they have this dated idea of what f1 means to people and business. it used to be a capitalist trophy of aspiration, moving technology forwards and hard work.

it's not any more. it hasn't changed with the times. if anything it has got bigger and worse. local companies don't have much of an opportunity to invest in the local event besides buying tickets for employees because so much is controlled by fom. there's no incentive to integrate it beyond the bars and nightclubs trying to lure in f1 personnel as these a+ worshipped people with cash to spend and whose presence will make the venue look better to the locals.

so yeah. it's only really russia that wants what f1 has to offer nowadays, isn't it?
Phew, good work Bella!

1st Rule of business, if they have a GP - they have problems!
Old 1 Aug 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3284798)   #291
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It now appears that the Russian GP is on the might not happen list as well.

There is a dispute between the organisers and the national federation leading them to miss a 31st July dead line for application.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109130
Old 2 Aug 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3284850)   #292
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It now appears that the Russian GP is on the might not happen list as well.

There is a dispute between the organisers and the national federation leading them to miss a 31st July dead line for application.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109130
To quote the great man himself, "it's all very political."

We'll have to wait and see. If we've got Austria coming on board and India dropping out, plus no shows from Sochi and New Jersey, then we've still got 19 races. I'd be pleased to make it 20 with Sochi, personal reasons aside.

Right now I see it as a 70/30 chance of it NOT happening, unfortunately. COTA hit a few snags in the application process, and so did Yeongam, as well as New Jersey, but that's a no show as far as next year is concerned. Sochi has possibly hit more bumps in the road than any of the other three. I predicted the downfall of the Indian GP (albeit under different circumstances ), and I predict the downfall of the Sochi GP. But I'd like to be proven wrong.

EDIT:

So if we're down to 19 races yet again (and Bernie isn't happy till he hits 20), should we take a vote? What race should fill the final slot?

I've got a few ideas:
- Grand Prix of Argentina ~ Mar de la Plata Street Circuit
- Grand Prix of France ~ Paul Ricard HTTT
- Grand Prix of Netherlands ~ Assen
- Grand Prix of Czechoslovakia ~ Brno/Masaryk

Last edited by Beetle; 2 Aug 2013 at 00:43.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3284905)   #293
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
EDIT:

So if we're down to 19 races yet again (and Bernie isn't happy till he hits 20), should we take a vote? What race should fill the final slot?

I've got a few ideas:
We saw the same happen this year. We had nothing to replace New Jersey with, so there was a 'war' between Paul Ricard (the obvious winner), Algarve, Istanbul Park and the Red Bull Ring. But because the Red Bull Ring has got the place anyway, does it really matter?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3284994)   #294
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm happy with that...
Old 2 Aug 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3285015)   #295
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
To quote the great man himself, "it's all very political."

We'll have to wait and see. If we've got Austria coming on board and India dropping out, plus no shows from Sochi and New Jersey, then we've still got 19 races. I'd be pleased to make it 20 with Sochi, personal reasons aside.

Right now I see it as a 70/30 chance of it NOT happening, unfortunately. COTA hit a few snags in the application process, and so did Yeongam, as well as New Jersey, but that's a no show as far as next year is concerned. Sochi has possibly hit more bumps in the road than any of the other three. I predicted the downfall of the Indian GP (albeit under different circumstances ), and I predict the downfall of the Sochi GP. But I'd like to be proven wrong.

EDIT:

It would be hilarious after cutting all these GP's publicly that we ended up with less than 20 GP's and none to step in or replace them....
What a laugh from the master manipulator...

I've got a few ideas:
It would be hilarious after cutting all these GP's publicly that we ended up with less than 20 GP's and none to step in or replace them....
Old 2 Aug 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3285036)   #296
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Taking account that he could not agree terms with himself for a French GP at Paul Ricard....
Old 2 Aug 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3285046)   #297
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Taking account that he could not agree terms with himself for a French GP at Paul Ricard....
That's because the owner doesn't want to give away any money.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3285073)   #298
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
As there is no longer a Czechoslovakia, it's unlike we'll have a GP of it.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3285076)   #299
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Good news.. Stinky place ...
Old 2 Aug 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3285079)   #300
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Good news.. Stinky place ...
Pity it's not permanent. What is F1 doing in India anyway, apart from lining Bernie's pockets?