Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Jan 2002, 16:17 (Ref:206286)   #1
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber's future

It's about time that Webber is confirmed at Minardi!!Hope he will do a great job this season.But it's a shame that toppers like Justin Wilson who WON the championchip can't get a seat,or Junquira,Minassian and all the others.Where do you see Marc's future going?Will he be succesful?
Old 30 Jan 2002, 12:23 (Ref:206472)   #2
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Webber's future

Quote:
Originally posted by bart_jacobs
It's about time that Webber is confirmed at Minardi!!Hope he will do a great job this season.But it's a shame that toppers like Justin Wilson who WON the championchip can't get a seat,or Junquira,Minassian and all the others.Where do you see Marc's future going?Will he be succesful?
No - once he's written off six chassis he'll be dropped in favour of Marques...
Old 30 Jan 2002, 12:23 (Ref:206473)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Junqueira's done well enough to keep his CART seat, Minassian didn't perform so he's out...but I agree about Wilson. If he had a funny name (e.g. Button) and was good looking (e.g. Button, ish) the UK press would get behind him and he'd have a seat right away
Old 30 Jan 2002, 12:25 (Ref:206475)   #4
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm very anxious to see him run his 1st F1GP.
I think Mark and Minardi could surprise us with a few 4-5th place this year.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 17:22 (Ref:206640)   #5
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think 4-5 would be a real surprise (if not an impossibility). He'll do better than Yoong, but I'd say that'll be about it. His target should be Toyota (and Prost if they had made it).
Old 30 Jan 2002, 22:30 (Ref:206984)   #6
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Mark will do fine.

Mark has always been quick in formula one cars. In his first test at Estoril, he was quicker than Fisichella and Ralf Schumacher. He was also consistently fast in testing last year.

As for Mark writing off chassis', he didn't put a scratch on the Benettons last year in a whole season of hectic testing.

I think Mark is just as talented, if not more so than Alonso, plus he's got a whole lot more experience.

Also, the KL Minardi team seem pretty confident this year. We'll see what happens, but I think Mark will perform well.

If he does perform, then who knows where he may end up? He is still contracted to Renault.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 07:05 (Ref:207185)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mark should do aswell if not better than what alonso did in a minardi - yoong wont be in anywhere to be seen in webbers rear view mirror......as far as marks future is concerned, at worst he will be driving a v8 supercar in the future

best of luck to mark and the minardi team - its about time an aussie got a drive in f1.....confused about where he got the reported $15 million dollars from , could they be aussie $$$$$
Old 31 Jan 2002, 09:06 (Ref:207218)   #8
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
mark should do aswell if not better than what alonso did in a minardi - yoong wont be in anywhere to be seen in webbers rear view mirror......as far as marks future is concerned, at worst he will be driving a v8 supercar in the future

best of luck to mark and the minardi team - its about time an aussie got a drive in f1.....confused about where he got the reported $15 million dollars from , could they be aussie $$$$$
Yes he got the cash from Telstra.

...so if you live in Australia, expect your phone bills to rise!
Old 1 Feb 2002, 05:27 (Ref:208019)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think they just have , the 3 or 4 billion $$$$ profits they make each year just isnt good enough for there fat wallet ceo's - what a bunch of heads....