Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 11 Mar 2003, 08:34 (Ref:532454)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Heroism above and beyond the call of duty

I would like to say a big thank you to Keith from our Rescue Crew for his bravery and selflessness in rescuing from a burning car.....

My ten-tenths baseball cap!

As you know, those things are like gold dust and I was rather distressed when during live fire training, it blew off and onto the passenger side of the car that we were trying to put out.

I'm glad to say that after being rescued, it was unsinged although reeking of petrol and covered in Monex!

After a long soak in cold water and detergent and a spell of drying on a radiator, it is now fully recovered from its ordeal and will be seen back at Mondello this weekend for the Bike Marshal training!

A wonderful example of heroism from our boys in green - RESPECT!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 13:52 (Ref:532668)   #2
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This wouldnt be the same Keith who got into a scrap with another member of the famous rescue "van" unit over a packet of jellybabies ??
Old 11 Mar 2003, 13:59 (Ref:532676)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
They weren't jelly babies. There was a pack of Body Parts and a pack of Bursting Bugs! Very different.

And neither Keith OR the other one was involved in the sordid "chase the newbie" incident when an innocent novice made the mistake of taking a donut out of his bag whilst within a 20 foot radius of the Rescue Unit.....
Old 11 Mar 2003, 14:05 (Ref:532683)   #4
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try bolting yr hat on next time, or the other option is get a bigger head to hold it on
Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:48 (Ref:532777)   #5
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Brian Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EP why not try a roll of orange tank tape to hold it on, in fact why not just wrap your whole body in tape. You could then enter the world record book as the first mummified marshal to stay upright for a complete days Racing. Chuckle chuckle?????? Tigger-Gurr?
Old 11 Mar 2003, 15:50 (Ref:532781)   #6
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Mac
EP why not try a roll of orange tank tape to hold it on, in fact why not just wrap your whole body in tape. You could then enter the world record book as the first mummified marshal to stay upright for a complete days Racing. Chuckle chuckle?????? Tigger-Gurr?
Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:14 (Ref:532803)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Sadly, there isn't enuff duct tape in the world Tig....!

Besides, staying upright for a complete day's racing is against my religion
Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:22 (Ref:532813)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Bravery & selflessness? He knew that if he didn't rescue it he 'd never have heard the last of it!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:29 (Ref:532823)   #9
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Can you tell me what time your sign on for the rallycross@ mondello is, now be gentle please as its a long way from here to there???????
Old 11 Mar 2003, 16:48 (Ref:532852)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - sign on for BRDA is 8:15 my darlink. Tell you what, we're up for the Nutts Corner one on the 29th so why don't you come back with us and you can stay over at ours - that way the sign on time will be slightly less painful!

You can pre-sign for the event at http://www.mrmci.com/events/mar_30signon.asp

Dave - it was brave and selfless - the fact that he also happens to know me quite well and likes a quiet life is totally beside the point!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 17:24 (Ref:532893)   #11
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown

EP Can you let me know if my daughter could marshall at the rally X , 30th of march.
She is now 16 but a paid member of BMMC club, and has worked on 3 rallies @ Kirky. She also has done her initial fire Training with us and is very keen to turn up, as it would be her first event at mondello. jennifer will be at Nutts corner on the saturday. Thanks. TIGGER GURR!!!!!

Last edited by Brian Mac; 11 Mar 2003 at 17:28.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 18:52 (Ref:533053)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Yes no problem as long as her parental overunit (you) signs the indemnity form for her - you can do that on the day - once it's signed, it's good for the racing season.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the bit where a senior member of the club explains the dangers of marshalling to you!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 21:17 (Ref:533180)   #13
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
You have a ten-tenths cap?

Best hide it around easter time.....
Old 11 Mar 2003, 22:55 (Ref:533308)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I just about have a ten-tenths cap - I wonder what it would cost to get it Proban treated - I doubt I'll be that lucky twice!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 20:49 (Ref:549221)   #15
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Pizzaman, my hero ......sigh but he's still not getting the Ibiza - it's all MINE!!!