Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Aug 2004, 22:09 (Ref:1070947)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What would you like to see happen?

So let's assume Michael Schumacher wraps up the title at Spa.

That leaves four races until the end of the season. Four races with no great significance.

I wonder if Michael will be gift wrapping wins to Rubens like he did in 2002?

I'm just wondering if you'd like to see this?

Personally, as much as I like Rubens as a person, I think that the fastest man should take the wins. If that is Michael then he should win. It's that simple.

Look back at 2002, places like Hungary. We had Michael running behind Rubens all race. Late on he dropped to about four seconds back and then BANG! he slapped in a lap seven-tenths quicker than anything else that afternoon.

And it wasn't just the race that Michael was quicker, it was every single timed session, bar qualifying.

It was nothing short of ludicrous and I felt ashamed that afternoon, the same as I did during Austria in the same year. There were other occasions as well.

I'd hate to see that again this year. I woul be delighted in particular if Rubens wins Brazil, but only if he proves he is the quicker.

Then the win will be sweeter and I couldn't complain.

What are your thoughts on how Ferrari will play out the rest of the season?

Will Michael try to extend his string of wins or will we be subjected to mass farce?

Your thoughts?
Old 18 Aug 2004, 22:11 (Ref:1070952)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Merit, not handouts, please.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 22:17 (Ref:1070957)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets do it the old way... remember the days when the fastest guy used to win??
Yes If MS is faster let him win...

Yes Hungary 2002 was a bit of a farce.. lets not see that happen and certainly not Austria 2002
Old 18 Aug 2004, 23:42 (Ref:1070998)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Expect to see Rubens winning at Spa, so that Michael can take the championship at Monza.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 02:48 (Ref:1071076)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
why do people only target Ferrari as "farce" "shameful"... why?

For once, try looking further back the field....please?
Old 19 Aug 2004, 02:51 (Ref:1071078)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see the best man win. Michael, or Rubens, or anybody else in the field.

There's no reason why other teams/drivers are falling so far back relative to Ferrari, and for every race they display such poor standards, they are the ones bringing shame to our sports as incompetent/inefficient.

What i'd like to see? the few top teams/drivers fighting it out..not a race between just Michael and Rubens.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 03:34 (Ref:1071092)   #7
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expect to see Ferrari give an equal treatment for Rubens. If Rubens have pace to win races, so let him to win.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1071236)   #8
Gt_R
Veteran

As long as Michael finishes ahead of Rubens, critics will always insist ferrari doesn't give equal treatment.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 08:23 (Ref:1071245)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Expect to see Rubens winning at Spa, so that Michael can take the championship at Monza.
mmmhhh MS has always kept Spas in high consideration, cos it's very close to Kerpen, furthermore he's not the man to give up a win he can get.

Of course, being Ferrari an italian outfit, it would be very interesting if he could clinch the title at Monza.
At the end of the day, MrV, I hope you're right, though I fear you're not
Old 19 Aug 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1071252)   #10
DaveStyles
Rookie

DaveStyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R

Because it was the name those chose for themselves at Austria 2002.

and because FerrariFarce has a certain ring to it. It just sounds right.

Last edited by DaveStyles; 19 Aug 2004 at 08:32.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1071260)   #11
DaveStyles
Rookie

DaveStyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MS is going for the most wins in a season title this year isn't he ?

So he won't want to give any away.

Anyway..

we know they have been racing all year don't we ?
So where is the extra performance going to suddenly arrive from, for lapdogchello to be anywhere near MS for the remainder of the year ?
Old 19 Aug 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1071358)   #12
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, MS is racing for records now. Mopst wins in a season, + pole record 62 vs 65 now.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 19 Aug 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1071377)   #13
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari's reasoning should be clear by now. The current goal is to secure the WDC, so if Schumacher can win in Spa that's what he will do.

The next goal is then to secure second place in the drivers standings, so rubens becomes the no.1 driver and it will be Schumacher's job to aid him. Only after p2 is secure it is time to start looking at records and things like that.

This is the most efficient way. I would be very surprised if Ferrari act otherwise. (But I have been in the past, so...)

I have seen MS state that he doesn not care about records. All he wants is to win races and championships. Besides, he already has got the most wins in a season, and if he stay's for another year the "most pole's record" shouldn't be a problem either.

Last edited by Toth; 19 Aug 2004 at 10:41.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 13:34 (Ref:1071541)   #14
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS always SAYS he doesn't care about records, but come on... how can you not care? If you have a chance to set records that might never be beaten, possibly to stay on top of the list for ever, would you not care?

Once MS wins the title, you will see Ferrari will pay more attention to Rubens to clinch 2nd. I'm pretty sure MS will not give it his best, at least in Brazil. To give Rubens a better shot of winning his home race.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1071546)   #15
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The hypothesis that Rubens might be helped in brazil ie quite realistic.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1071548)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rubens wwill be "allowed" to win atleast once id think!
Old 19 Aug 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1071562)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Once again, people bring MS's words out of context and try be cynical about it.

At the risk of being out of topic, MS said the records mean alot to him, and he love the records he got. BUT he don't race for the records, in the sense that he don't get into a race-car with the intention to "set records". Records are achieved along the way, and savoured when he achieved them and look back on them
Old 19 Aug 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1071613)   #18
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, If this sort of messin does start happening It'll be Brazil if Rubens is in anyway close after the pitstops.

Otherwise I think it'll be MS setting records and rubens being quite happy not to be embarrased by being thrown scraps from the big dog's table.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 20:02 (Ref:1071893)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Sorry Gt_R, but it's only Ferrari who'll be able to do this because they've gone and made a car that is unbeatable and then, in almost farce like fashion, they've only gone and sewn up the titles way before seasons end!

It's just shameful.

Old 19 Aug 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1071906)   #20
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is write , maby it will be a good idea to ban the blue flag so everyone can make their race and we will see more real overtaking...
Old 20 Aug 2004, 16:35 (Ref:1072912)   #21
F40_LM
Rookie

F40_LM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
farce...yes

Quote:
I'd like to see the best man win. Michael, or Rubens, or anybody else in the field.

There's no reason why other teams/drivers are falling so far back relative to Ferrari, and for every race they display such poor standards, they are the ones bringing shame to our sports as incompetent/inefficient.

What i'd like to see? the few top teams/drivers fighting it out..not a race between just Michael and Rubens.

How can you expect other teams like Jordan and Sauber to compete with the budget of Ferrari? The very fact that Ferrari is so ahead of everyone else means that they are simply TOO GOOD...maybe even too good for F1....maybe they should go start their own Formula.

Look at it this way, maybe they should introduce a new reg that states how much MAXIMUM a team can spend on development and that amount applies to every team - it is then up to the team to make the most of that money in whatever way they can. The team who has the fastest car is therefore obviously the most technically competent and deserving of the WCC. A utopian idea I know, but it makes more sense than the current situation of spending in F1 doesn't it?

Old 20 Aug 2004, 17:04 (Ref:1072941)   #22
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Once again, people bring MS's words out of context and try be cynical about it.

At the risk of being out of topic, MS said the records mean alot to him, and he love the records he got. BUT he don't race for the records, in the sense that he don't get into a race-car with the intention to "set records". Records are achieved along the way, and savoured when he achieved them and look back on them
Well that's fine and dandy. But anyone who follows F1 will always insert that aterisk beside his name. And we all know why and it's been debated hundreds of times before.

As for a spending cap in F1, it is only logical that there should be one, but the major stumbling block would be enforcing it. As is the case with many proposed changes in F1, the self interest of the teams (particularly the rich ones) make the passing of new rules exceedingly difficult and the enforcement equally so. I don't know the answer but as long as we have $400 m + budgets (and teams spending millions circumventing rules) the problem will continue.

Last edited by Kirk; 20 Aug 2004 at 17:06.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1072947)   #23
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to see Jenson Button net his first win,
Fernando Alonso beat Michael Schumacher at Monza,
Kimi Rakkionen win his first win of the season,
Minardi score points and Montoya win his final race for Williams!
Of course none of this will propoably not happen.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 17:25 (Ref:1072958)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If none of this will probably not happen, you mean some of it will?

Good stuff!
Old 20 Aug 2004, 17:37 (Ref:1072970)   #25
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Schummel had his title won, he'll say: 'I've done enough, farewell, I quit!' and then Luca Cadalora, or whoever their third driver is, will drive all the remaining races.

-Jamie Hyneman