Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 30 Dec 2020, 11:54 (Ref:4025812)   #1
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John Paul Jr

John Paul Jr (1960-2020) raced in endurance (two wins at Daytona, one at Sebring, 2nd at Le Mans), Indycar (one win), Champcar (one win) and NASCAR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P...racing_driver)
Old 30 Dec 2020, 12:11 (Ref:4025814)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
From Huntington's Disease, which had caused him to stop racing many years ago.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 14:21 (Ref:4025828)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame what happened to him in the 80s, but that shouldn’t take away from a great racing career before and after. Gone too soon
Old 31 Dec 2020, 13:34 (Ref:4026056)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, have I missed something? I thought this was a chap whose racing was financed by his father's drug dealing and his own nefarious activities. I don't think being a decent driver overcomes those character defects.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2020, 18:11 (Ref:4026110)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Well, there is THAT "bingo" aspect...

He was a nice guy. He was a good driver. He was in top equipment from day one. It was financed by illegal activity. He was a part of the illegal activity.

He did pay a price with jail time. That also made him pay the price of the reluctance of sponsors to support him. (Given his resume he should have had more top drives, but there was the stigma...)

...but nothing really should have added up to the unfairness of the disease that hobbled him and took his life.

May he R.I.P.

Last edited by skycafe; 31 Dec 2020 at 18:12. Reason: Spelling and typo
Old 31 Dec 2020, 23:20 (Ref:4026170)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Sorry, have I missed something? I thought this was a chap whose racing was financed by his father's drug dealing and his own nefarious activities. I don't think being a decent driver overcomes those character defects.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
He raced for years after all of that was settled and was back at the front of the field. And the court cases were fairly clear about his VERY limited involvement in the actual criminal activity.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4026251)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He did his time and he kept his nose clean second time, so I don’t see why people should judge him solely for his conviction
Old 4 Jan 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4026695)   #8
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Huntington’s is a genetic disease anyway before anyone implies otherwise.
Horrible disease. It took Woody Guthrie and a woman who my wife cared for and the woman’s brother.