Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Oct 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2304988)   #251
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Ced,

Any more pics of our Shelby nr 52??
Old 5 Oct 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2304999)   #252
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
My pictures here
Old 5 Oct 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2305026)   #253
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some excellent pix Tim,many thanks.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:09 (Ref:2305132)   #254
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminsh
Bring it on i say ,i know ours is legal .

As for the GT40's if you look at Julian Rouse's pole time in Richards Meins's it was v quick,unfortunatley they don't seem to be able to get them to the end ??
have to say I love your car and watching your first driver taking it down Craners on a wet circuit fully committed was a joy to see!
The GT40's do seem to have a high attrition rate. It will be a good thing if they become more strict as MGB's doing 3.06 doesn't sound right at all!!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2305136)   #255
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is NOT right Simon.There was one that came past running up to Le Combe,OK,nothing wrong with that but when its pushing a Mustang GT350? The thing I do not understand with the GT40s[apart from doors opening]is how did they ever complete 24hrs,where the works using Volvo rockers etc.

Last edited by terence; 6 Oct 2008 at 07:18.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:33 (Ref:2305143)   #256
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
were the GT40's pre 66 very reliable? I thought it was the later ones that did well at Le MAns but I am happy to be corrected
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2305145)   #257
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
GT 40's ,apart from Richard Meins,were badly prepared.The E Type of the Minshaws was as usual well prepared and deserved its win.Two good blokes .
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2305147)   #258
simon drabble
Veteran

Richard Meins car had its windscreen broken by a marshall smashing his torch on it trying to stop the mechanics pushing the car off the pit lane.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:43 (Ref:2305148)   #259
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
A real shame the 2 events clashed!
Word on the street is that dates clash next year as well. Just back from 5 days at Donnington will report in later this evening if my Daughter lets me on lap top.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:50 (Ref:2305151)   #260
simon drabble
Veteran

which two events?
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2305153)   #261
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Simon,Check the GT40 Story.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2305155)   #262
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
were the GT40's pre 66 very reliable? I thought it was the later ones that did well at Le MAns but I am happy to be corrected
Quite correct,but the question was not on dates but how?
Yes I agree the Minshaws car was impecably prepped/driven as usual and the win was deserved.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 08:04 (Ref:2305160)   #263
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The GT 40 247's did not work in 64,65 and it needed 7 litres in 66 and 67.Back with smaller engines in 68 and 69.The engines now work based on what happened in late 60's.The increase in speed in past three years is that performance word,wasted money.The Chris Childs car from about four years ago was the last proper Historic GT 40 Car running at the front.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 08:46 (Ref:2305188)   #264
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Richard Meins car had its windscreen broken by a marshall smashing his torch on it trying to stop the mechanics pushing the car off the pit lane.
I didn't write a thing, but they were ordered by RC to stop that car going back to it's pit, whatever it took. A very cowardly decision by them to use marshals for that. If the car did get help from mechanics trackside, they just should have let the car come in and disqualify it.
That the marshals at Spa break things (probably by accident) doesn't surprise me, standards are getting very low. I had been following the radiotalk for a while and felt it going wrong, as everybody was getting overly exited.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:07 (Ref:2305203)   #265
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Standards getting very low? Does that reffer to the grid formation marshals as well.?
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2305228)   #266
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
which two events?
Spa 6 hrs and ADAC 400km meeting at the 'ring...
(sorry, it's a slightly off-topic parallel thead, I won't further it)

Last edited by MGDavid; 6 Oct 2008 at 09:43.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2305451)   #267
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Different breed them at Spa, Terry. They don't really see themselves as marshals.
Anyhow, the second I set foot at Spa, the standard p****s off.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2305547)   #268
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Years gone by and the Marshalls came and got drivers and cars to go to assembly area in grid order. Did'nt happen this year. Think it showed but at the end of the day its not hard to have a look at grid sheet and see what row you are on.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 18:53 (Ref:2305552)   #269
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grid sheet? There's a grid sheet? Nobody told me about grid sheets!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 18:54 (Ref:2305554)   #270
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Delta, in the shopping centre most of the drivers for Barry's race started to arrange themselves in what we thought would be near enough grid order ready to be lined up. Then they opened the gate and just called everyone onto the track in no particular order at all so it all went a bit pear shaped at the end.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2305556)   #271
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Was it totally a Marshals problem.?The torch and the window incident
Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2305566)   #272
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Maybe we could have a pre event get together next year on the Thursday at Beau Site, along with a guided bustour around the old track? Bet Iain will sign up first for that.
Sounds brilliant and i hear you have logged on to our FF2000 site. Excelent.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2305567)   #273
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
What,where the yank tank chopped him?
Oyh is that me your talking about Terrance
Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2305574)   #274
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Grid sheet? There's a grid sheet? Nobody told me about grid sheets!

Its ok Peter,the grid marshals did'nt have one either.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:20 (Ref:2305577)   #275
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Oyh is that me your talking about Terrance

Yours was not the only one out there Iain