Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Oct 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3855512)   #226
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'll be sitting in a staff meeting at that time. You lucky sons of *****es.

What are the odds that that water Oak survives this storm? I'm feeling less than comfortable about sleeping underneath it while there are tropical storm-force winds.
Well it hasn't failed yet so it's been tested and passed. And honestly the pine next door would scare me more. The water oak is low and I haven't seen anything that would let me issue a permit for it in Atlanta. But it does need a hearty pruning and there just might be a guy and his pole saw some where around the tree soon.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 22:22 (Ref:3855541)   #227
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Been reading this thread and very jealous of you all! Perhaps not so much with the weather forecast but hey, it's just a forecast... Doing Daytona and Sebring annihilated my budget for this year but Petit is by far my favourite event and I'll be back next year.

I'll be tuned in from the first Porsche race on Thursday but will miss the main race due to being at Donington...I know where I'd rather be though...
Old 8 Oct 2018, 22:43 (Ref:3855545)   #228
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well truck is loaded and managed to get more in less space somehow, 3 ice chests so one full of just drinking ice on the way. Relaxing with laundry going and just saw a storm line went thru on those poor *******s in line this evening Looked like a quick cell, and might soften the dust bowl a bit. Looks like the weekend with be beautiful if we make it through Wed and Thurs, I'm relaxing a bit and trying to not worry about it much.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3855548)   #229
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'll be sitting in a staff meeting at that time. You lucky sons of *****es.

What are the odds that that water Oak survives this storm? I'm feeling less than comfortable about sleeping underneath it while there are tropical storm-force winds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm aiming for 10 but I'm sure i'll end up behind and closer to noon, plus side after 1030 means Zaxby's for lunch so maybe 11ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I should be there around noon tomorrow.

Not that I was going to doing it or have done it in a while, but I wouldn't stay there Wednesday night.

And you'd likely get small to medium stuff from the water oak, but pines go when they want to.

I'll probably in Metter or Swainsboro mid to late morning tomorrow. *sigh*
Old 9 Oct 2018, 01:49 (Ref:3855559)   #230
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Been reading this thread and very jealous of you all! Perhaps not so much with the weather forecast but hey, it's just a forecast... Doing Daytona and Sebring annihilated my budget for this year but Petit is by far my favourite event and I'll be back next year.

I'll be tuned in from the first Porsche race on Thursday but will miss the main race due to being at Donington...I know where I'd rather be though...
The forecast is a bummer, but it's at least coming through early in the event.

It's still TBD what it may do to the rest of the week and on peoples' personal lives; Irma took a longer path over mainland FLA - Michael is coming at us with less on land time, but perhaps through cooler waters. I don't know. I got a long work day tomorrow to not think about it

I'd like to get to Donington Park one day. Hope to see you next year!
Old 9 Oct 2018, 01:50 (Ref:3855560)   #231
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well truck is loaded and managed to get more in less space somehow, 3 ice chests so one full of just drinking ice on the way. Relaxing with laundry going and just saw a storm line went thru on those poor *******s in line this evening Looked like a quick cell, and might soften the dust bowl a bit. Looks like the weekend with be beautiful if we make it through Wed and Thurs, I'm relaxing a bit and trying to not worry about it much.
I like that you're still concerned about dust given the forecast. Lol
Old 9 Oct 2018, 02:19 (Ref:3855568)   #232
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Well it's DRY as a bone here so it's dusty now, JHam will likely raise sparks digging out for the trailer. And the daily forecast improved for tomorrow already and decreased chance of rain for setup at least. And the daily and hourly has actually been slowly improving and decreasing winds, I'm thinking we'll be wet Wed and Thurs but ending the weekend well means a good event I'd say
Old 9 Oct 2018, 02:20 (Ref:3855569)   #233
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Even with today's drizzle, it's dry as a bone right now so bring on the 2-4 inch rain straight runoff!
Old 9 Oct 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3855644)   #234
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Looking like we are getting a more southerly turn, as we hoped. Still see the risk of flooding rains and high winds from Columbus to as far as Athens, per the last statement I read

I'd still anticipate no fun overnight Wednesday and likely very little track time Thursday AM. Hopefully, it'll keep turning...
Old 9 Oct 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3855648)   #235
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Looking like we are getting a more southerly turn, as we hoped. Still see the risk of flooding rains and high winds from Columbus to as far as Athens, per the last statement I read

I'd still anticipate no fun overnight Wednesday and likely very little track time Thursday AM. Hopefully, it'll keep turning...
Good, another push 50 miles to the east/south would help greatly.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3855651)   #236
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yup, just got to read the weather myself, like a kid in Christmas morning the alarm was useless this morning it seems. Looks like a glancing blow with some interesting overnight activity Wed night but guess we'll just have to deal. Think Jeremy will get the worst of it at home, but night practice now looks much better and Friday and Saturday look beautiful
Old 9 Oct 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3855658)   #237
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The 8 a.m. eastern forecast has the storm even further south now so hopefully that track continues.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3855660)   #238
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Hope y'all have a great day with little rain or storms today! Friday and Saturday are looking Chamber of Commerce like! I just hope I can get home this evening early enough to either grocery shop or get to packing.

Other than bales of straw, let me know what I can bring to help y'all get through Wednesday night and the first part of Thursday. My plan is to make a day trip up on Wednesday with a truck full of straw. Hopefully, I can make that happen.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3855667)   #239
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I like the WeatherBug forecast for the week.10-15 mph winds. I'm ignoring the part that says TS conditions possible.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3855676)   #240
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They seem to be the be most accurate short term forecasts but they swing wildly at more than 3 days out and their forecast is looking better.

On the road in to a wonderful windy mist this morning and gloomy skies
Old 9 Oct 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3855677)   #241
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I like the WeatherBug forecast for the week.10-15 mph winds. I'm ignoring the part that says TS conditions possible.
We will certainly have a better idea that evening how bad it will be tomorrow. Or we won't know till tomorrow night!
Quote:
They seem to be the be most accurate short term forecasts but they swing wildly at more than 3 days out and their forecast is looking better.

On the road in to a wonderful windy mist this morning and gloomy skies
Not windy in Middle Georgia but have already gone through several little showers.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 14:00 (Ref:3855685)   #242
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looked at the tropical storm warning/watch update from noaa. Hall County is no longer on it. I shook my fist at the storm all day yesterday. Looks like it's working.
I'm physically out of work today at noon. (I never arrived mentally at all)
Vehicle packed by 2:00, trip to HD to get some bales & then it's chill time until the alarm goes off at 5:30a tomorrow morning.

I can live with this forecast being as close to a hurricane as we'll be this week.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3855687)   #243
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Campsite looks clear, clay but it's ours. Soon to be straw covered. No one partaking of practice today it seems

FYI, zero haircut drive in, one haircut upon arrival though
Old 9 Oct 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3855694)   #244
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Campsite looks clear, clay but it's ours. Soon to be straw covered.
Nice!!
i can't wait to get there in the morning.
Are there a lot of folks in line outside the gate at the moment?
Old 9 Oct 2018, 15:16 (Ref:3855696)   #245
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Campsite looks clear, clay but it's ours. Soon to be straw covered. No one partaking of practice today it seems

FYI, zero haircut drive in, one haircut upon arrival though
thanks for posting the pic of the campsite and not the haircut.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3855710)   #246
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Nice!!
i can't wait to get there in the morning.
Are there a lot of folks in line outside the gate at the moment?
When I went by there were 4 full lines and starting on the last one, mostly RVs. And there were people on the outside of turn 10 between the "stadium" and the trees already with a couple travel trailers
Old 9 Oct 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3855736)   #247
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Camp is mostly set up for you slacker late arrivers. Little drizzle and occasionally rain but not a bad day really. Sadly no one has partaken if the test day so far so background noise is lacking
Old 9 Oct 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3855739)   #248
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Camp is mostly set up for you slacker late arrivers. Little drizzle and occasionally rain but not a bad day really. Sadly no one has partaken if the test day so far so background noise is lacking
Sweet man, hope you used the long stakes on the tents. I'm willing to brave the spot under the water oak if you save it for me.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3855753)   #249
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Sweet man, hope you used the long stakes on the tents. I'm willing to brave the spot under the water oak if you save it for me.
I used thin weak stakes and figured I could tie them to a certain car later and that should hold them well
Old 9 Oct 2018, 21:54 (Ref:3855778)   #250
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
That Aussie grill has no legs!!