George Russell 0 0%
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Jun 2019, 07:46 (Ref:3914880)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Austrian Grand Prix 2019

Who gets your vote?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 09:04 (Ref:3914890)   #2
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3914963)   #3
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max, but that move was more for touring cars, but still awesome drive.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 15:00 (Ref:3914979)   #4
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max
Old 30 Jun 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3914989)   #5
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max. Honorable mention to Pierre Gasly for driving in a way that makes Max' performance look even more brilliant.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3915001)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Norris.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 16:30 (Ref:3915025)   #7
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norris did very well, would be nice for him! And yes I am Dutch
Old 30 Jun 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3915078)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Has to be Max
Old 30 Jun 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3915092)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so nobody voted for F1's driver of the day Kubica?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3915203)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max was the obvious choice and he certainly drove exceptionally well. However it was hardly flawless: unlike the C4 team I thought the pass on Leclerc was rude and bordering on wrong. I suspect the stewards felt somewhat the same as it took them a long time to make a decision. Perhaps they received so much stick recently for penalising unruly driving that they decided to let this one go.

So with Max dismissed, Lando was another obvious choice. I'm delighted that we have another Westcountryman getting to the sharp end of F1, and he performed well on both Saturday and Sunday.

However Lando went from 5th to 6th in the race while Carlos went from 19th to 8th with the same car. I vote Carlos.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3915248)   #11
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Max was the obvious choice and he certainly drove exceptionally well. However it was hardly flawless: unlike the C4 team I thought the pass on Leclerc was rude and bordering on wrong. I suspect the stewards felt somewhat the same as it took them a long time to make a decision. Perhaps they received so much stick recently for penalising unruly driving that they decided to let this one go.

So with Max dismissed, Lando was another obvious choice. I'm delighted that we have another Westcountryman getting to the sharp end of F1, and he performed well on both Saturday and Sunday.

However Lando went from 5th to 6th in the race while Carlos went from 19th to 8th with the same car. I vote Carlos.
I agree on everything you said and followed your lead.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 03:37 (Ref:3915267)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max, with kudos to Norris and Leclerc.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 06:00 (Ref:3915276)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There were so many good drives yesterday, this one is therefore difficult.

I wondered why Lando fell back early on, it wasn't due to his driving so can only assume he was running different engine settings or his tyres weren't working. However he recovered and finish in 6th including some good clean passing.

Carlos started at the back and got to 8th which we wouldn't have expected from a McLaren.

Kimi drove very well and was, at the beginning, looking good for a top position, but ultimately he finished 9th one place ahead of his team mate.

The Mercs were nowhere and as to Vettel. A poor pit stop compounded his problems.

Having considered Max's move on Leclerc to be somewhat heavy handed he was the ultimate winner. If I vote for Leclerc it would be in sympathy rather than due to a stunning drive and since he was out front until that last lap I can't vote for him.

So, I go for Carlos Sainz for making the McLaren look good.

So, who would I vote for?
Old 1 Jul 2019, 07:49 (Ref:3915285)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Agree that there was more than one worthy candidate, but I thought Max was exceptional on this occasion. And as for the Leclerc pass, when interviewed right at the end of C4 coverage (on his own), he commented that back in F3 (I think) that was often how you had to get past other cars. If you were the one being pushed wide, you would just be annoyed that you had been passed, not that you had touched wheels......
Old 1 Jul 2019, 08:57 (Ref:3915287)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Max for a great recovery drive and a well deserved win and for totally crushing his team mate once again.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3915289)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm giving it to Norris, he's the real deal
Old 1 Jul 2019, 19:57 (Ref:3915400)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Sainz for me - made great progress through the field - in a Mclaren!

Kudos to Norris, Kimi and Max.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3915405)   #18
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rather than going through a lengthy justification to determine who was the driver of the race and why, I will just get straight to the point. Kimi. No need to go on and on. You guys (and maybe some gals) watched the same race I did.

Honorable mention goes to Bottas'. He maintained a podium nursing an underperforming car.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jul 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3915426)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Big up to Norris but Max. Fun times.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 01:35 (Ref:3915437)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not too much support for Mr Le Clerc.....
His time will come..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Jul 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3915756)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Max, super drive after such a poor start .. Charles your time is coming !