Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jul 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3916708)   #4051
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Who would have suspected Gordon of being a 'dirty old man'???
Cant fully agree with that, sorry Bob. I dont find Gordon to be… old!
Old 9 Jul 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3916718)   #4052
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Just back from Jon Smith's funeral. it was a wonderful tribute to John from Claire and others and well done to Claire for the video, the touching poem and generally for the organisation.
It was also nice to see Iain again. Note to self, don't leave the headlights on on a Belair when you only have a cripple with heart problems to help you push it
Old 9 Jul 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3916730)   #4053
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
That’s weird . I left my lights on as well . Good old John still having a laugh .
Old 10 Jul 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3916786)   #4054
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I've got myself a new book that should occupy my time for a while. I'm going to have to limit my reading though otherwise I'll finish it too quickly!
Attached Thumbnails
Self Preservation Society.jpg  
Old 10 Jul 2019, 09:59 (Ref:3916806)   #4055
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I've got myself a new book that should occupy my time for a while. I'm going to have to limit my reading though otherwise I'll finish it too quickly!
If anyone ever needed such a book ……………………..
Old 10 Jul 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3916809)   #4056
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If anyone ever needed such a book ……………………..
Don't worry Baub, I'll still take every opportunity to come on here and pester you, that's another reason why I will be rationing my reading time
Old 10 Jul 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3916818)   #4057
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Don't worry Baub, I'll still take every opportunity to come on here and pester you, that's another reason why I will be rationing my reading time
Immerse yourself in formaldehyde Viv, an excellent way to preserve yourself I understand.

Hope this helps!!!!
Old 10 Jul 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3916869)   #4058
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
How much did you pay for the book Viv. I want to get a copy for martin. He loves that film.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3916872)   #4059
bauble
Veteran

England
If anyone here cares Silverstone has reached agreement to stage the GP for at least five years.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3916873)   #4060
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, the bluff appears to have worked.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3916875)   #4061
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If anyone here cares Silverstone has reached agreement to stage the GP for at least five years.
5 more years I won't be going.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3916876)   #4062
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
How much did you pay for the book Viv. I want to get a copy for martin. He loves that film.
It was £45.00 + carriage direct from the publishers Iain. Superb service & very nicely packaged. The book looks brilliant too, I leafed through it last night.
(I've had to postpone my reading of Volume IV of The last train to Cockfosters so I can read this instead!)
Here's a link to their website:
https://porterpress.co.uk/collections/matthew-field
Old 10 Jul 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3916877)   #4063
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Link already used.In Previous post

Last edited by Willmaz223; 10 Jul 2019 at 16:06. Reason: Link already previously put up.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3916878)   #4064
Willmaz223
Veteran

Oh seems I was a little too hopeful .
Old 10 Jul 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3916919)   #4065
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
It was £45.00 + carriage direct from the publishers Iain. Superb service & very nicely packaged. The book looks brilliant too, I leafed through it last night.
(I've had to postpone my reading of Volume IV of The last train to Cockfosters so I can read this instead!)
Here's a link to their website:
https://porterpress.co.uk/collections/matthew-field
Thanks
Old 11 Jul 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3916978)   #4066
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
A bit of advanced warning for you here Baub. I have just found out that I've won a ticket to visit the Vauxhall Heritage Collection on August 6th, so I advise you to either leave Luton for the day or stay completely inside your house to prevent any unfortunate, chance meetings...
Old 11 Jul 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3916986)   #4067
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Should be close to Government mandated e-GPs by then. Perhaps run on the special cycle lanes around London.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3917012)   #4068
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Special cycling lanes??? Take care, its the place not to go for a ride, buses and taxis targeting poor cyclists I've been told!
Old 11 Jul 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3917047)   #4069
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Special cycling lanes??? Take care, its the place not to go for a ride, buses and taxis targeting poor cyclists I've been told!

Not in London as far as I know.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/rou...-superhighways
Old 11 Jul 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3917063)   #4070
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
A bit of advanced warning for you here Baub. I have just found out that I've won a ticket to visit the Vauxhall Heritage Collection on August 6th, so I advise you to either leave Luton for the day or stay completely inside your house to prevent any unfortunate, chance meetings...
What was first prize? A week in Dartmoor?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 07:06 (Ref:3917097)   #4071
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
What was first prize? A week in Dartmoor?
No, two tickets to go to Luton
Old 12 Jul 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3917116)   #4072
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
No, two tickets to go to Luton
And spend one night of real love with an inhabitant… randomly selected
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3917130)   #4073
bauble
Veteran

England
[QUOTE=VIVA GT;3917097]No, two tickets to go to Luton [/QUOTELet

Let me know when you are coming Viv, and we could swap insults face-to-face!

PS; Don't forget to bring a knife, they are de riguer here.

Gerry; You may correct my spelling where necessary.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3917132)   #4074
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
[QUOTE=bauble;3917130]
Quote:
No, two tickets to go to Luton [/QUOTELet

Let me know when you are coming Viv, and we could swap insults face-to-face!

PS; Don't forget to bring a knife, they are de riguer here.

Gerry; You may correct my spelling where necessary.
Thanks Baub. To be honest, I was hoping to track you down at The Silverstone Classic so we could do that there...
Old 12 Jul 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3917138)   #4075
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No worry for the spelling of "de rigueur" just use it!
Ambiance explosive Ã* Silverstone, really close to 14 th of july and a barbecue lighted with delta's methanol!!! Enjoy it…