Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 1 2.17%
Jenson Button 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jun 2015, 08:09 (Ref:3552637)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Austrian Grand Prix 2015

Who is it for you?
Old 21 Jun 2015, 16:27 (Ref:3552744)   #2
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Bottas for overtakes, and Kimi for staying alive
Old 21 Jun 2015, 16:48 (Ref:3552749)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some good drives, but I'd like to nominate Alonso and Raikkonen for the good nature they showed after the accident.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3552750)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's more to pick than one.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3552756)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm - a few to choose from here :-

Nico - Was fastest all weekend - and if he hadn't gone off, I think he would have had pole. He made up for that - and took the win today. He just had the upper hand over Hamilton - despite missing out on pole. The guy can bounce back.

Massa - Impressive keeping Vettel at bay towards the end.

Bottas - The guy was on fire. Okay, he got bogged down at the start - but this guy passed people without DRS around Austria - not an easy thing to do! Even if he had a good engine in that Williams. A really impressive drive.

Pastor - Impressive drive here from him. Despite his some what dubious reputation when it comes to racing - he got involved in some decent battles.

Hulk - Winning Le Mans may have helped his confidence - just like having an upgraded Mercedes engine in his car. Got involved in some decent battles - and claimed a respectable 6th.

Nasr - Decent showing from the young rookie, what with going toe-to-toe on the racetrack with the other older more experienced drivers.

I'm tempted to give it to Nico, for winning and beating his WDC teammate - but, I'll give it to Bottas - just by a whisker. I think he pulled off some decent - and some what difficult(i.e. non DRS) passes - and of course - provided entertainment for us. Go Bottas!
Old 21 Jun 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3552757)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a great week for the Hulk, so he gets my vote this week
Old 21 Jun 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3552760)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too Simon. Hulkenberg having to settle for 6th in this 'little' race.......
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3552778)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rosberg, a great start, kept Hamilton at bay and controlled it well from the front. A shame we don't see more of this.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3552786)   #9
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Some good driving today from a number of people.Bottas and Hulkenberg did well,as did Massa and I hope the Maldonado we saw today will be with us for the rest of the season.Vettel drove well but was torpedoed by his pitstop.At the front Rosberg didn't make a wrong move and gets my vote.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 22:09 (Ref:3552834)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Verstappen entered on points... Then gets my vote...
Old 21 Jun 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3552836)   #11
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hulkenberg for keeping up with Bottas in a fairly average car. Bottas was one of the standouts.

All of those mentioned above deserve it, as does Nasr Imo, he had a solid run and was imaginative when overtaking, as well as fighting for points in now the 3rd worst chassis/engine combo on the grid.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 23:16 (Ref:3552849)   #12
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filipe Massa jnr for predicting his dad would finish 3rd before the race. What a legend!

There were a number of good showings through out the race as indicated above. Rosberg was flawless, but wasn't really challenged so it makes it difficult to give it to him (but I probably will). Massa did well to hold third, despite a strong fight from Vettel, who did well to claw back after the pitstop.

Bottas, Nasr and even Maldonado did some great overtakes, and Maldonado in particular had a couple of big saves, especially when Verstappen was doing some GP2 stuff by cutting across to the inside line very late in the piece. Honestly, Maldonado did amazingly well to avoid coming together here. I rate Max, but he really needs to settle down just a little bit. He clearly has no fear still doing this stuff after Monaco.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3552850)   #13
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Disagree with Bottas. I thought early on he's going to be DOTR after he pulled off a couple of great overtakes, then I figured he cruise up to Massa and Vettel as he was only 8 or 10s behind.
By the end of that race that gap had grown to 36s... what happened? Definitely got outraced by Massa today, by a huge amount, so can't by my DOTR. Only a couple good overtakes made him look exciting.

I'd probably give it to Hulk, perhaps the Le Mans drive or all the media hype has bolstered his spirits, because for once he outperformed Perez, which is something he hasn't much been doing this year and it's certainly been bringing his reputation down in my eyes.

Vers and Rosberg were okay too.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 07:13 (Ref:3552916)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Several standout drives. Rosberg's was a controlled win. Got the better start, took advantage of the inside line from P2 and didn't cross the pit exit line.

Massa was also well ahead of his team-mate despite Bottas's impressive moves. Hulkenberg capped off a great week with a strong result, so well done to him. I think given his advantage over his team-mate, though, I'm actually going to give it to Massa. I know Rosberg didn't need to have such an advatage over his team-mate, though. Still, as much as I want to go for Hulkenberg in a way, Massa it is.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 07:38 (Ref:3552922)   #15
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to have a genuine choice for once, I like Massa and thought he did an excellent job and kept a four times Champion behind him, and well ahead of his team mate. 10/10.

Hulkenburg. Showed spirit all the way through. Well deserved 9/10, as do both Sauber drivers, neither afraid to go wheel to wheel. 9/10.

Maldonado, lots of aggression plenty of skill, and avoided a couple of 'Maldonado Moments', that in the past would have seen him, and probably someone else in the gravel. 8/10

HOWEVER' I must go for Rosberg, not only for comprehensively beating his team mate, but for wiping the smirk off of his face into the bargain.

Lewis gutted? Not 'alf.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 08:43 (Ref:3552939)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Massa.
Are Ferrari courting the wrong Williams driver?
Old 22 Jun 2015, 10:21 (Ref:3552983)   #17
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa steady drive to the podium
Old 22 Jun 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3553012)   #18
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I tried to think of every rationalization to come up with Kimi being the driver of the race. I can't think of a reason.....my fanaticism is beginning to waiver....help me.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 13:36 (Ref:3553024)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Well, I tried to think of every rationalization to come up with Kimi being the driver of the race. I can't think of a reason.....my fanaticism is beginning to waiver....help me.
Look on the bright side, he took out Alonso!!!!
Old 22 Jun 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3553029)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Another vote for the Hulk. Mainly for winning Le Mans

Other than that honorable mentions for Rosberg, Massa, Nasr and Maldonado (for pure entertainment value)
Old 22 Jun 2015, 14:23 (Ref:3553041)   #21
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa gets my vote!
Old 22 Jun 2015, 15:16 (Ref:3553064)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Massa gets my vote!
Yup, no other candidate really?

Rosberg did what he should be doing a car of that quality so how can that be driver of the day? (even though I rejoiced at him beating Hamilton)

Hulk would be a close second to Massa, Maldonado 3rd.

Mad Max did a another great job. Sainz snookered by having the wet setting on (not Max, as Brundle assumed..)
Old 22 Jun 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3553069)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Massa because im biased but both Nico's deserve mention. Rosberg was just flawless and a great start.

gave me hope that there is still a title fight to be had this year.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3553152)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Max he continues to impress me ..
He is also a super young man, I really enjoy how intelligent he is when being interviewed ...
Old 23 Jun 2015, 03:32 (Ref:3553219)   #25
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it to Massa but kudos to Maldonado for the wiggle and Rosberg for the start.