Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Apr 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3899179)   #1
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
2019 WEC Spa francorchamps 6 hrs

Dear 10tenthers,

At the risk of starting a double thread: We'll be visting the Spa round of the WEC again. It'll my 22nd consecutive visit for this race and I thought to connect a few of us fellow Tenthers to maybe meet up, whilst being at this lovely event.

By the way, does anybody have any news regarding the tear down and rebuilding of the old grandstands, at the bottom of Eau Rouge?
Old 23 Apr 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3899235)   #2
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Dear 10tenthers,

At the risk of starting a double thread: We'll be visting the Spa round of the WEC again. It'll my 22nd consecutive visit for this race and I thought to connect a few of us fellow Tenthers to maybe meet up, whilst being at this lovely event.

By the way, does anybody have any news regarding the tear down and rebuilding of the old grandstands, at the bottom of Eau Rouge?
Yes I was there last weekend for the Creventic run 12 Hour race and I can inform you that the area has been transformed into a track for the upcoming World Rallycross event complete with huge grandstand!
Old 24 Apr 2019, 05:37 (Ref:3899303)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I was sent a pic of the work going on recently. Apologies for poor quality, it’s a screen print....
Attached Thumbnails
F3C92535-9AE3-4CF2-AF1F-01DC5D908436.jpg  
Old 24 Apr 2019, 06:28 (Ref:3899311)   #4
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
So still a building site! From that pic there seems to be no viewing at all where there used to be a long row of low grandstands at the bottom of Eau Rouge. I hope work is more advanced than it looks because having that whole area closed to spectators for the WEC race would be terrible.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3899316)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
We’re racing there in mid May, but that’s too late for you, unfortunately! Not sure how old the photo is, BTW- could be months.....
Old 24 Apr 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3899326)   #6
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
We’re racing there in mid May, but that’s too late for you, unfortunately! Not sure how old the photo is, BTW- could be months.....
I’ll be there for the Peter Auto event too! I’m worried about losing the iconic shot of cars going up Eau Rouge which used to come from the stands and food court area in what is now a building site. The coverage from the 4+8hr event last weekend seemed to show something similar to your picture. But hopefully things will have progressed by the time WEC gets there!
Old 24 Apr 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3899331)   #7
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I was sent a pic of the work going on recently. Apologies for poor quality, it’s a screen print....

Oh dear, that looks bad. I'd say that's a proper 'French stroke' job. You know, the one's taking all the time in the world and only being finished when they think it's good and ready. Probably will be a mess all the way to the F1 race.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3899346)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I’ll be there for the Peter Auto event too! I’m worried about losing the iconic shot of cars going up Eau Rouge which used to come from the stands and food court area in what is now a building site. The coverage from the 4+8hr event last weekend seemed to show something similar to your picture. But hopefully things will have progressed by the time WEC gets there!
Agree about the view, but maybe it’s work in progress.... When not racing in the Historic Spa 6hrs, I always used that grandstand to watch from, the view up to Raidillon was great.

See you there, hopefully! (Am helping with B19 #15 in CER1 and Morgan SLR #57 in 60s...)
Old 24 Apr 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3899405)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There will be a few of us there for the race, i am travelling over Friday and staying at usual place near stavelot. I know Vince and Eric will also be there. happy to meet up, Usually see people in the old grandstand that has now been demolished.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3900437)   #10
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
The weather forecast for Saturday is suggesting 50% chance of rain all day, sunny spells, fierce winds and a feels-like temperature of 1-2 degrees C.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3900482)   #11
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The weather forecast for Saturday is suggesting 50% chance of rain all day, sunny spells, fierce winds and a feels-like temperature of 1-2 degrees C.
Ah, the Ardennes.
I must admit that the weather is better for the 24 Hours GT3.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3900534)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Go on them spoil it for me, taking a 42 year old open car and you predict weather like that. Still hoping for sunshine and warm temps
Old 29 Apr 2019, 22:34 (Ref:3900584)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
ooomph, that doesn't sound like great race spectating weather! But it is 30+ here and I"ll be watching online, so i can't complain too much!

Wonder how good of a warmup this will be for Le Mans with that weather?
Old 30 Apr 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3900636)   #14
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London

Forecast now threatening sleet/snow
Old 30 Apr 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3900685)   #15
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any pics somewhere, as the teams install themselves?
Old 30 Apr 2019, 12:53 (Ref:3900712)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Forecast now threatening sleet/snow
Well they'll always have time to delay it until Sunday... ...
Old 30 Apr 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3900724)   #17
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Well they'll always have time to delay it until Sunday... ...
Is that actually feasible?

(It would be no use to me anyway - I have a 7.05am flight from Brussels to Heathrow to get to Brands Hatch for the Blancpain event ).
Old 30 Apr 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3900727)   #18
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Dragonspeed is not running at Spa, for reasons unknown.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw3nrLLF...id=khkah7v9b6s
Old 30 Apr 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3900759)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Go on them spoil it for me, taking a 42 year old open car and you predict weather like that. Still hoping for sunshine and warm temps
Well the plans to take the old buggy looking less likely now, a stag in snow/ice could be an expensive way to freeze and it usually stays in a warm garage unless the sun is out, so likely to be a a eurobox friday morning heading for Spa.

Will try and see everyone on Saturday, perhaps a meet up at 12.00 at the food stand behind the old pits on the inside of the circuit
Old 30 Apr 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3900794)   #20
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Dragonspeed is not running at Spa, for reasons unknown.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw3nrLLF...id=khkah7v9b6s
Unable to source replacement electronics they said.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3900828)   #21
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Due to a late cancellation I have available one bunk in my gîte at 30 minutes walking distance from the circuit, from thursday afternoon till sunday morning.
Price 60 euros, including raceticket 80 euros.
You'll be sharing a room with me (and I tend to snore a little bit )
Please pm me if interested.
Cheers, Vince
Old 30 Apr 2019, 23:19 (Ref:3900875)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I’m sure you will have plenty of enquiries, it’s a reasonable price and who would say no to Spa whatever the championship?
Old 1 May 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3900944)   #23
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Forecast page now has more sun icons and fewer rain/snow icons. Still bitterly cold though. Touch wood the outlook continues to improve.
Old 1 May 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3901007)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Forecast page now has more sun icons and fewer rain/snow icons. Still bitterly cold though. Touch wood the outlook continues to improve.
i do hope so, touring around battle field sites on Sunday so would prefer it to be dry then aswell
Old 2 May 2019, 01:41 (Ref:3901109)   #25
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Might this serve ultimately as the race weekend thread or should there be one independent of this thread? I might start one if I get the go ahead, but that probably won't be until sometime tomorrow morning as I have some stuff to attend to tonight where I am and I'm not feeling too good right now.