Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 May 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3902342)   #151
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Back home now, and boy what an interesting few days, ok forecast said some bad weather but did not expect that, still had great time and meet most people i expected there, the start was made bearable by the umbrella cover provided by nobby and Camiel and a nice cold beer (yes a very cold beer). Great few days and will be back to spa either in September for the 6 hour classic or next years WEC.
Old 6 May 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3902344)   #152
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Back home now, and boy what an interesting few days, ok forecast said some bad weather but did not expect that, still had great time and meet most people i expected there, the start was made bearable by the umbrella cover provided by nobby and Camiel and a nice cold beer (yes a very cold beer). Great few days and will be back to spa either in September for the 6 hour classic or next years WEC.
Lucky of you to being there, even with that cold weather. It will be a race to remember.

I have been at the track years ago, but not in a race day.
Old 7 May 2019, 06:09 (Ref:3902408)   #153
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Was great meeting you again Simon it was indeed very nice to have an umbrella with us....
Old 9 May 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3902821)   #154
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Herewith my customary huge album of fan-with-a-camera pictures from Spa: https://bit.ly/2WsXep3

Not the easiest day of photo-taking! Some of the weather transitions were extraordinary and are captured here. Scroll down page one and see how fast the rain came after the start - the sunny and downpour pictures are barely 5 mins apart.

Rain and snow (!) make for dramatic pictures, though the spray and general gloom are a challenge. For this event I also only used my 300mm lens because of the difficulty of keeping the equipment dry. I usually use a larger 500mm zoom for Spa, so some of the pics here aren't as close/sharp as I'd like.

Enjoy!
Old 9 May 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3902865)   #155
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very good! Certainly challenging conditions.
Old 9 May 2019, 23:22 (Ref:3902877)   #156
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Huge amount of very nice pictures, thanks you ! A true testimony of a race to remember.
Old 11 May 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3903143)   #157
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My pictures from Spa. The changing conditions made it difficult for the settings, but gave a good variation in photo's. More of them here: http://volgaspics.nl/2019/05/08/fia-...019/#more-4779

After the tropical editions of the last few years, this was something different.

The snow arrived.

The fight for P2.

Close racing in GTE PRO

I was really happy with a sunny period of about 2 laps in the last part of the race, great light and spray at that moment.

Old 11 May 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3903172)   #158
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
My pictures from Spa. The changing conditions made it difficult for the settings, but gave a good variation in photo's. More of them here: http://volgaspics.nl/2019/05/08/fia-...019/#more-4779

After the tropical editions of the last few years, this was something different.

That's amazing.
Old 11 May 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3903211)   #159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
My pictures from Spa. The changing conditions made it difficult for the settings, but gave a good variation in photo's.
I've got a pretty good sized monitor (large in fact) and I can only see small amounts of these shots without having to scroll both vertically and horizontally. Any chance of posting them a little smaller?
Old 12 May 2019, 03:42 (Ref:3903245)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Your browser should render them down Ayse. I can see them quite well on my phone. That said I do have problems sometimes.
Old 13 May 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3903535)   #161
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If I click on them they're fine Peter, but otherwise they just sit there taking over my entire home....... (slight exaggeration....
Old 13 May 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3903551)   #162
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Your home must be enormous!
Old 13 May 2019, 21:31 (Ref:3903575)   #163
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It'll certainly be too big and expensive once I've retired......
Old 15 May 2019, 06:44 (Ref:3903853)   #164
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The SMP crew sure know how to do PR, great video here in the link

https://www.facebook.com/smpracingru...9610257069434/
Old 15 May 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3903909)   #165
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodcc View Post
The SMP crew sure know how to do PR, great video here in the link

https://www.facebook.com/smpracingru...9610257069434/

That is a fantastic video. Music was well used for effect along with the sounds of the car.
Old 15 May 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3903912)   #166
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Delightful video, thanks for sharing!
Old 16 May 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3904119)   #167
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A good video of what it was like there.