Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 May 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3901760)   #76
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
#88 Roda off at the top of the hill. Possible FCY approaching. He looked like he was given help by the 61 Ferrari.

Vandoorne is proving to be the SMP secret weapon. Third and comfortably the top LMP1P.
Old 4 May 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3901761)   #77
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Poor planning by Rebellion. #3 and #1 both pitted as FCY ends. They had a chance under the FCY and missed it. That will put SMP firmly ahead.
Old 4 May 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3901762)   #78
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I think as far as performance that SMP/BR Engineering have caught up. Rebellion def. have to up their game to stay on top as far as private teams in LMP1 go.
Old 4 May 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3901763)   #79
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
#17 SMP loses a wheel in S1.
Old 4 May 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3901764)   #80
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
#7 pits under FCY.

Fernando spins at Pouhon, manages not to hit anything but the tyres will be junk.
Old 4 May 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3901765)   #81
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
This is not F1, the tyres can take a beating

I'm watching on the Eurosport player with no commentary. Strange experience but I'm enjoying it.
Old 4 May 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3901766)   #82
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Suspect the lack of a tyre change will come back to bite them if the next stop isn't a full service.

Lotterer spins under FCY "like an amateur".

Massive black clouds approaching from the North.
Old 4 May 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3901767)   #83
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Jordan King, who has only ever done 1 multi-class race before today, is unhappy that the LMP1s "get involved in his race", and thinks the penalty he was given was unfair.

Well with that sort of attitude you won't last long in the WEC paddock.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3901768)   #84
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, he should remember that "1" comes before "2" and that some might just give him a "number 1" next time they overtake him.

Also, anyone think that this race might not last 6 hours at this rate? Just about every time I refresh this page we're under some kind of yellow flag condition for something.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3901769)   #85
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Jordan King, who has only ever done 1 multi-class race before today, is unhappy that the LMP1s "get involved in his race", and thinks the penalty he was given was unfair.

Well with that sort of attitude you won't last long in the WEC paddock.
Quite surprised (and disappointed) that none of the commentators picked up on that. The point of multi-class races is that you have to share the track with other classes of cars.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3901770)   #86
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Well, he should remember that "1" comes before "2" and that some might just give him a "number 1" next time they overtake him.

Also, anyone think that this race might not last 6 hours at this rate? Just about every time I refresh this page we're under some kind of yellow flag condition for something.
I believe the ByKolles JCDC incident was for position at the time anyway. He moved in the braking zone, so regardless of class, he was wrong.

I don't see a problem with the 6 hour limit. There's been a few yellows for sure, but it's not been too bad.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3901771)   #87
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Raining at the far end of the circuit. Significantly.

FCY speeds under investigation for Pro and Am leaders, as well as #11 SMP.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3901772)   #88
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I don't know if it's because I'm a bit tired or just because I'm not able to watch it as it happens, but IMO this race feels like a bad fever trip and has no flow to it. It seems that when a rhythm starts, something happens and a yellow is back out, or it rains or snows or whatever else could fall out of the sky today in Belgium.

IMO it feels a bit like LM '13, which granted was a worse experience for obvious reasons.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3901773)   #89
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I don't know if it's because I'm a bit tired or just because I'm not able to watch it as it happens, but IMO this race feels like a bad fever trip and has no flow to it. It seems that when a rhythm starts, something happens and a yellow is back out, or it rains or snows or whatever else could fall out of the sky today in Belgium.
It has been very up and down. Watching it is more fun than it sounds as it's constantly changing.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3901774)   #90
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Don't get me wrong, I was expecting a far from straightforward race. But it seems that where ever I turn something is going on, often something kind of bizarre.

And we're not even halfway yet.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3901775)   #91
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
If anything the lack of rhythm is keeping my attention. For the moment, it's keeping my attention enough to leave Spa on the big screen and relegate IMSA qualifying to computer.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3901776)   #92
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the Aston hitting the back of the Porsche has broken the diffuser.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3901777)   #93
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#7 into the garage.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3901778)   #94
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
#7 to the garage. Pitted early after losing time, didn't refire after the stop.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3901779)   #95
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Probably locks it up for the #8 Toyota winning this one if they don't screw it up. I doubt that even with the weather helping them that Rebellion or SMP can capitalize and sneak in a win without the #8 having issues or getting penalized post race (al la Silverstone).
Old 4 May 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3901780)   #96
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear...
Old 4 May 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3901781)   #97
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
#7 has already lost second. The strange race has kept the LMP1P cars pretty close. Within a minute or two it will be down to 6th.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3901782)   #98
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kobayashi getting out so it looks like a long fix.
Old 4 May 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3901783)   #99
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
So much for the Toyotas being bullet proof. And they survived Sebring basically unscathed. But how many times has a million+ dollar race car been crippled by what amounted to be a $5 part?
Old 4 May 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3901784)   #100
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Does this (should the #7 not recover) confirm #8 as champions?