Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3917363)   #26
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
José Mourinho to be next Ferrari F1 team manager. You heard it here first.
A perfect character match.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3917364)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
"I'm fascinated to hear what these cars sound like on the limit, so turn your volume up and listen to this".

Ant. They should terrible. That was the dullest example of a racing car sound I've ever heard. And I watch Formula E.
Yes, but it was interesting and impressive. I enjoyed the clip.

I’m managing to not let this stuff get in the way of my enjoyment. There is nothing that can be done about this over this race weekend.

The previous engines never sounded good on the in car anyway! The sound quality was poo. To be fair, the only really sounded loud, even out the car, not like a proper V8.

What is more impressive with these engines is the power delivery and torque. The previous lot were rubbish. There is a chance of spinning these cars on acceleration.

We’re in the rabbit hole again
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3917365)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is I-Leclerc is only third.

So close with Bottas and Hamilton!

Verstappen fourth. Unbelievable.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3917366)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe it.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3917367)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I wonder if he was hampered by turbo lag all the way?

Hopefully they stay close in the race.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3917368)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes, but it was interesting and impressive. I enjoyed the clip.

I’m managing to not let this stuff get in the way of my enjoyment. There is nothing that can be done about this over this race weekend.

The previous engines never sounded good on the in car anyway! The sound quality was poo. To be fair, the only really sounded loud, even out the car, not like a proper V8.

What is more impressive with these engines is the power delivery and torque. The previous lot were rubbish. There is a chance of spinning these cars on acceleration.

We’re in the rabbit hole again
I enjoy it despite the bad engine noise. I just don't think it's very good to highlight a negative and be like "listen to this!". I have a Dyson that's more impressive sounding.

Great lap by Bottas at the end there. Will won't be happy.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:17 (Ref:3917369)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I see the difference here. For me it’s not a negative it’s just not a positive.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3917373)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I see the difference here. For me it’s not a negative it’s just not a positive.
A neutral?
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3917374)   #34
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder if he was hampered by turbo lag all the way?

Hopefully they stay close in the race.

Max said that turbo problem cost him 2 tenths
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3917376)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Unbelievable.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3917377)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A neutral?
The absence doesn’t detract when I’m watching.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3917380)   #37
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's too early for Kierkegaard.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3917382)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whoever is in charge of F1 media is having fun. Well played and well done by Haas for posting it on their FB page as well. Bottas trying to steal Haas parts seems like a downgrade
Old 13 Jul 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3917395)   #39
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
This must be the last Ferrari year for Vettel, totally lost his mojo and relies this year on the Team stuffing Leclerc's strategy to keep him ahead..
Old 13 Jul 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3917400)   #40
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
This must be the last Ferrari year for Vettel, totally lost his mojo and relies this year on the Team stuffing Leclerc's strategy to keep him ahead..
It does feel like he's just bored lately and showing up because he has to. I'm guessing some of the team transfer and silly season machinations have some degree of truth to them this time around.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3917415)   #41
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Special suits for the Red Bull drivers tomorow

Old 14 Jul 2019, 00:29 (Ref:3917431)   #42
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Domo arigato Mr. RoBottas on pole!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 14 Jul 2019, 00:49 (Ref:3917434)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Special suits for the Red Bull drivers tomorow

https://youtu.be/ye8KvYKn9-0
Old 14 Jul 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3917469)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done Bottas, hope he's back on form. Also good job by Gasly, hope he has a good race. Three of the four Brits in the top ten on their home circuit, great effort by Albon there
Old 14 Jul 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3917500)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Currently only 17c and i do enjoy F1 team jackets.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3917514)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A clean and uneventful start.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3917515)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A clean and uneventful start.
Haas may disagree.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3917517)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was a fantastic move by Bottas.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3917518)   #49
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Brilliant racing between the Mercedes, despite the TV directors best efforts to miss it by looking at the crowd.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3917520)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Leclerc does the Button thing of parking the car on the apex when the chasing car is right on his gearbox. Brilliant race craft.

Edit: More great race craft by making Verstappen think he was going to chuck it down the inside. He scared Max off the apex.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 14 Jul 2019 at 13:35.