Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3250165)   #151
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
So no point going to a wet race meeting then
Perhaps Jack should have said that he does not have any wet tyres, so risking running on his dry tyres, was not an option he could afford at this stage in his very brief career.

Personally I have never been a fan in running in the wet until you absolutely have to, as Kayne Scott will readily confirm, yet he won a lot of wet races for me over the year's, with minimal damage.
Old 20 May 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3250175)   #152
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting news there pearl about the TV coverage.

Nice shots (as usual) HProject

Update on the weather front, the active low is not looking as aggressive now, but Saturday still looks to be wet, but not really getting its teeth in until late arvo. Sunday looks to be clearing and could very well be dry. Will be cold and windy though with a stiff SW behind the Saturdays front. This thing is changing all the time, and I know with systems like this it will change from day to day.

Nice meeting you Jack on the weekend by the way I was the guy you spoke to in Daniels garage about sponsorship etc
Old 20 May 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3250315)   #153
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some good news for the series:
http://www.v8st.co.nz/news/news-4/39...-lead-act.html
Old 20 May 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3250352)   #154
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does any one have a copy of the entries for the weekend? Don't they normally publish them on the website
Old 21 May 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3251414)   #155
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
Does any one have a copy of the entries for the weekend? Don't they normally publish them on the website
+ the supports
Old 21 May 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3251424)   #156
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For anyone planning on attending this weekend, here's the Friday/Saturday/Sunday event schedule:

Old 21 May 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3251425)   #157
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry lists are also up. I don't think there's any real surprises in there:

http://www.v8st.co.nz/images/assets/...entry_list.pdf
Old 22 May 2013, 00:08 (Ref:3251433)   #158
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Small V8CC entry numbers - I wonder if some are put off by the weather and the worry about the standing water - apparently it is in the new bends on the back straight that the water is not draining properly - which is unforgiveable. I would have done a better job than that!!
Old 22 May 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3251439)   #159
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
For anyone planning on attending this weekend, here's the Friday/Saturday/Sunday event schedule:

I can see a bit of a transportation issue getting from Puke on Saturday to Ruapuna for Sunday
Old 22 May 2013, 00:49 (Ref:3251444)   #160
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Gunna be some busy crews and truck drivers!
Old 22 May 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3251450)   #161
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will be why International Motorsport have two identical cars, just like NASCAR!
Old 22 May 2013, 01:02 (Ref:3251453)   #162
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Old 22 May 2013, 01:11 (Ref:3251456)   #163
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Small V8CC entry numbers - I wonder if some are put off by the weather and the worry about the standing water - apparently it is in the new bends on the back straight that the water is not draining properly - which is unforgiveable. I would have done a better job than that!!
GB, I would suggest NZV8 Touring Cars Ltd, the new new V8 category, helped of course by MSNZ, shafted the old category last month and blew off Lyall Williamson and Greg Lancaster in the process, have instructed their members to stay away from CC. It was public the abuse that LW and GL got at Puke from some TL guys. There seems to be a bigger stronger divide than ever before, thanks to the new directors and some old NZV8 leaders getting what they wanted before, only to have the process delayed by the new board of LW and GL heading up NZV8.

It is common knowledge that the new V8 board was handed a massive hospital pass thanks to some handy legal bills being passed on by people who satisfied their ego and then passed on the bill. One hopes that those bills and accounts get passed back to the people concerned via a receiver.

Very very sad for the sport.

Last edited by GT 86; 22 May 2013 at 01:12. Reason: addition
Old 22 May 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3251460)   #164
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
GB, I would suggest NZV8 Touring Cars Ltd, the new new V8 category, helped of course by MSNZ, shafted the old category last month and blew off Lyall Williamson and Greg Lancaster in the process, have instructed their members to stay away from CC. It was public the abuse that LW and GL got at Puke from some TL guys. There seems to be a bigger stronger divide than ever before, thanks to the new directors and some old NZV8 leaders getting what they wanted before, only to have the process delayed by the new board of LW and GL heading up NZV8.

It is common knowledge that the new V8 board was handed a massive hospital pass thanks to some handy legal bills being passed on by people who satisfied their ego and then passed on the bill. One hopes that those bills and accounts get passed back to the people concerned via a receiver.

Very very sad for the sport.
do you know for a fact if any of the NZV8 TL teams were planning on racing at this meeting? are you sure it wasn't just a money thing? small budget.. just finished their season.. not enough money to race a season of NZV8s.. then race at ST meetings?
Old 22 May 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3251461)   #165
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Anyone care to corroborate/refute the above?
Old 22 May 2013, 01:29 (Ref:3251463)   #166
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
do you know for a fact if any of the NZV8 TL teams were planning on racing at this meeting? are you sure it wasn't just a money thing? small budget.. just finished their season.. not enough money to race a season of NZV8s.. then race at ST meetings?
Not to mention the bloody weather....
Old 22 May 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3251513)   #167
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
are you sure it wasn't just a money thing? small budget.. just finished their season.. not enough money to race a season of NZV8s.. then race at ST meetings?
I entirely agree with your sentiment above. The fact is that TL car owners/renters do not have the money/budget to keep on racing past their limited means, and the fact that so many turned out for the one big high profile event, the return of V8SC to a revamped Pukekohe, soaked up the last few dollars they had left. I am also willing to wager that less than 7 TL cars will do the South Island round's of MSNZ conveniently extended TL Championship, next year.
Old 22 May 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3251894)   #168
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No I dont know who was planning to run. Sure money is always an issue but there are some carrot's dangling that havent been seen before since the TRS prizes. Who wouldnt want a good chance of collecting some cash if they rate themselves or a ST enduro drive.

What I do know is there is a group of people who are trying to stop any further progression with ST and CC and those same people were involved in the original V8 verse V8ST ego ride and legal battle and perhaps the same ones that landed their legal bills onto the now limbo NZV8 company....?
Old 22 May 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3251895)   #169
Swedish Brick
Racer

Name and shame and details please
Old 22 May 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3251911)   #170
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
No I dont know who was planning to run. Sure money is always an issue but there are some carrot's dangling that havent been seen before since the TRS prizes. Who wouldnt want a good chance of collecting some cash if they rate themselves or a ST enduro drive.

What I do know is there is a group of people who are trying to stop any further progression with ST and CC and those same people were involved in the original V8 verse V8ST ego ride and legal battle and perhaps the same ones that landed their legal bills onto the now limbo NZV8 company....?
is it worth while for drivers in the south to bring their cars all that way with only a slim possibility of winning some prize money when their money is already spent? is the Porter LS3 powered car legal in CC? are some drivers saving up to run a full NZV8 season next season? have some run out of money? are some not looking to return to racing at all? are some planning to upgrade to a TLX or ST? the answers are probably innocent i'm sure the TL drivers enjoyed racing in a decent field of cars at the V8SC meeting and would rather everyone moved in the same direction
Old 22 May 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3251913)   #171
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
is it worth while for drivers in the south to bring their cars all that way with only a slim possibility of winning some prize money when their money is already spent? is the Porter LS3 powered car legal in CC? are some drivers saving up to run a full NZV8 season next season? have some run out of money? are some not looking to return to racing at all? are some planning to upgrade to a TLX or ST? the answers are probably innocent i'm sure the TL drivers enjoyed racing in a decent field of cars at the V8SC meeting and would rather everyone moved in the same direction
Have to say I'm with you there Maxi
Old 23 May 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3252009)   #172
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Not to mention the bloody weather....
I've been keeping an eye on the approaching weather system, and as it stands now it could be dry running for most of the weekend. The models have the low hitting puke at the end of Saturday. According to these models the low will move pretty quickly and it should hose down on Saturday night. Sunday then looks to be clearing with the rain hopefully finishing its thing about mid morning. Following that would be fairly staunch SW'ers which ease to a more westerly pattern later on. Still could be a tad on the nippy side on the sunday and possibly quite windy. Like I said much earlier on it is hard to predict how these fast moving lows (especially those formed off the Queensland bight) will pan out and just a few days ago when I checked it looked like Armageddon day!

http://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast....zni&noofdays=5

If this does pan out (and its a big 'IF') then there could still be standing water on the sections that don't drain well, especially if the rain on Saturday night/sunday morning is torrential (10 - 20mm + in 6 hours).

So its fingers crossed
Old 23 May 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3252036)   #173
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
there will be a big storm on Sunday when Mark Hunt KTFO Junior dos Santos at UFC 160!

War Hunto!!!!!!
Old 23 May 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3252045)   #174
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Name and shame and details please
Oh good heavens Brick....needle stuck?

Last edited by on_to_it; 23 May 2013 at 07:26. Reason: Missed the h key and hit n
Old 23 May 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3252047)   #175
Swedish Brick
Racer

Get over it.

Do you not want to know the truth? Know the details? Or are you happy hearing some rumours and innuendo and then believing it? Or do you believe in chemtrails and bigfoot?
Closed Thread