Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Mar 2015, 00:40 (Ref:3512289)   #76
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Looks like "the Man" has already struck. Scruffy look gone
Old 6 Mar 2015, 00:42 (Ref:3512290)   #77
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Looks like "the Man" has already struck. Scruffy look gone
He had already shaved before the start of the season I believe.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3512291)   #78
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
He had already shaved before the start of the season I believe.
incorrect
Old 6 Mar 2015, 00:51 (Ref:3512294)   #79
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alco View Post
Wonder where the 3rd REC is coming from?
https://www.cams.com.au/media/news/l...-in-rec-tender

The three available RECs are available for purchase by parties to compete from the 2015 season. Each REC entitles a party to race once car in each Championship event. The RECs can be purchased as single entries or in any combination.
DJR its second Racing Entitlements Contract will be leased to Super Black Racing.

LDM The team handed back one licence – or Racing Entitlements Contract, as they are officially known – to V8 Supercars at the completion of that season.

In a statement issued overnight, V8 Supercars and LDM confirmed that a legal disagreement was resolved and LDM had regained the REC to use in 2015.

James Rosenberg, who owns the #222 REC currently raced by Nick Percat out of the Walkinshaw Racing stable, has handed back his licence

3 recs available

Last edited by thunderbolt; 6 Mar 2015 at 01:01.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 00:51 (Ref:3512295)   #80
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
incorrect
http://tekno.com.au/tekno-autosports...n/#prettyPhoto

It's amazing, facial hair grows back!
Old 6 Mar 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3512298)   #81
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that's two names out of the DJRTP scenario, and speculation that Scott Pye could be at Tekno to replace SvG. SvG wasn't (at least initially) on Tim Cindric's radar anyway.

I'd say that Mostert is one of the people that Tim would like to take to lunch at some stage, and Scott McLaughlin, and potentially James Moffat (how long's he signed for now?).
Old 6 Mar 2015, 01:13 (Ref:3512300)   #82
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Well, that's two names out of the DJRTP scenario, and speculation that Scott Pye could be at Tekno to replace SvG. SvG wasn't (at least initially) on Tim Cindric's radar anyway.

I'd say that Mostert is one of the people that Tim would like to take to lunch at some stage, and Scott McLaughlin, and potentially James Moffat (how long's he signed for now?).
He is one of at least five major talents who conclude their current contracts at the end of this season. The others include Kiwi flyers Shane van Gisbergen (Tekno) and Fabian Coulthard (BJR), David Reynolds (PRA) and James Moffat (Nissan Motorsport).
Old 6 Mar 2015, 01:26 (Ref:3512302)   #83
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Imagine if you're Mostert and you get that phone call...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
He is one of at least five major talents who conclude their current contracts at the end of this season. The others include Kiwi flyers Shane van Gisbergen (Tekno) and Fabian Coulthard (BJR), David Reynolds (PRA) and James Moffat (Nissan Motorsport).
I see SvG, Scotty Mac and Chaz in one class and Fabs, Moffat and Dave Reynolds a step below. I don't think any of them have the raw speed or consistency required to be really special.

They are good, don't get me wrong, and they are all marketable and sponsor-friendly.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 01:34 (Ref:3512304)   #84
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about WillD? How long will he stick being in an uncompetitive car?
Old 6 Mar 2015, 01:43 (Ref:3512305)   #85
redesp
Racer

Australia
Melbourne Australia...
redesp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG to join 888

SVG to 888
http://autoaction.com.au/

Good to see CL have another 2 year extension...

Only Milk and Juice should come in 2 litres... ;)
Old 6 Mar 2015, 01:44 (Ref:3512306)   #86
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Being discussed in the 2016 Silly Season thread.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 02:05 (Ref:3512311)   #87
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Isn't marvellous what you read in press releases and how much can you trust them.

on the v8 Supercars site there is a release at 6am saying SVG doesn't know what he is doing next year, but it is only March and too early to make a decision on future years.

Then at 9.15 am there is a release from 888 that he's going there next year.

HE SURE MUST HAVE HAD A BUSY MORNING.

Hardly time for corn flakes.......
Old 6 Mar 2015, 02:07 (Ref:3512313)   #88
Henry
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
What about WillD? How long will he stick being in an uncompetitive car?
He's shopped himself around the paddock far too much, there can't be many places left for him to visit for the first time... BJR, Kellys, 888 or GRM. What can he truly bring to their table?

... while I know it's a new dawn at Stapylton, there are those who are still there who remember working with him in the past, and while it apparently wasn't a negative experience, it seems it could be ... taxing ... at times.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 02:18 (Ref:3512315)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'Gen2 Rules Led To 888 Expansion' - RD

So.. How long is the 888 deal with Holden?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Mar 2015, 02:26 (Ref:3512317)   #90
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He's shopped himself around the paddock far too much, there can't be many places left for him to visit for the first time... BJR, Kellys, 888 or GRM. What can he truly bring to their table?

... while I know it's a new dawn at Stapylton, there are those who are still there who remember working with him in the past, and while it apparently wasn't a negative experience, it seems it could be ... taxing ... at times.
Been in the championship top five in about four of the last eight years.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 02:33 (Ref:3512318)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You just wonder, had Mr Stoner 'made it' on four wheels, whether it was him being lined up for this seat instead of Mr van Gisbergen
Old 6 Mar 2015, 02:45 (Ref:3512324)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quotes From Mr Dane
Old 6 Mar 2015, 03:01 (Ref:3512327)   #93
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Been in the championship top five in about four of the last eight years.
I also wonder whether he ruined his reputation with the second year at HRT.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 03:06 (Ref:3512329)   #94
Henry
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I also wonder whether he ruined his reputation with the second year at HRT.
He did good things at FPR after that though... Will's very much a "confidence" driver, and it's said that there's a LOT of time and effort required to maintain the position of the driver's headspace within the optimum parameters, which are not expansive. While Will's not alone in this, he's renowned for it in some circles.

I don't think he's a bad candidate for a leading seat... but I don't believe he's the best candidate for a DJRTP seat... and he's getting older - if he wants to have driven for each of the works teams in the series, he needs to be thinking of how to get in at GRM and Nissan, rather than revisiting Stapylton...
Old 6 Mar 2015, 04:54 (Ref:3512335)   #95
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this mean SVG fits Dane's definition of motor racing mercenary? Sorry my mistake, that term only applies to anyone who dare leave the 888 bunker, not those who leave other teams for 888.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 05:01 (Ref:3512337)   #96
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Does this mean SVG fits Dane's definition of motor racing mercenary? Sorry my mistake, that term only applies to anyone who dare leave the 888 bunker, not those who leave other teams for 888.
Well played sir
Old 6 Mar 2015, 06:55 (Ref:3512347)   #97
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Perhaps so... but this transformation has apparently been in the offing since SBR became Erebus and Ford became Mercedes Benz... how long does it take to be a mercenary?

Old 6 Mar 2015, 07:12 (Ref:3512352)   #98
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Seems like T8 are determined to completely destroy the series.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 07:14 (Ref:3512353)   #99
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Speedcafe had a webchat with Mr Dane earlier this afternoon.. The highlights include...

So according to the above, Mr Dane is not influencing the Tekno 2016 driver position....

Some more...

The above suggests that 888 is going to stay Holden for a good long time to come...

Where will the REC come from?

...seems from thin air?

Interesting stuff...
Old 6 Mar 2015, 07:15 (Ref:3512354)   #100
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Seems like T8 are determined to completely destroy the series.
It is hardly 888's fault that they have managed to muster the backing, the engineering prowess & the drivers to 'own' the series for so long...