Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jan 2003, 13:26 (Ref:463518)   #1
trackside
Rookie

trackside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Programs

When you go to the track, what do you look for in a program? Are there features you enjoy or would like to see? Are there any things you find onerous or distasteful?
We are looking for doable suggestions that we might incorporate in a race publication we are planning.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 16:46 (Ref:463655)   #2
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I basically want to see facts & figures. I'd say that a really good program is one that tells me something about the competitors, or the venue, that I didn't know before I got there. Accurate entry lists also help. Otherwise it's merely a souvenir.
I know ads are a necessary evil but they shouldn't make up for more than 50% of the content.
Typos annoy me muchly. Such obvious lack of care tells me the program has been put together by someone ("have word processor, will travel") who doesn't know anything about racing, and doesn't want to know. My take on this is, you can't even be bothered to check the spelling, maybe you shouldn't be writing the program.
Also, I don't want random "attitude" content such random racecar pictures, (e.g. of F1 cars when I'm not at a Grand Prix), or random pictures of half-naked women. It makes me wonder if those who put this program together really think I'm such an idiot, or if racefans in general are idiots. "Titties & beer" type content (excuse the language) is underestimating the (male) audience, no?
In other words, just give me the facts, and get them right, basically.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 14:53 (Ref:465347)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pictures of every car (profile or 3/4 are best). Driver helmets and bios. Recognition on-track is half the battle.

Point system description (I know in the ALMS that could fill the whole program!). Flags. Track info (history, viewing spots, routes to said spots, locations of concessions and washrooms).

An insert of actual entrants, including paddock map if possible.

If I think of anything else, I'll post later.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Jan 2003, 19:08 (Ref:465597)   #4
C_g
Racer

C_g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of pictures of Hawaiian Tropic Girls.