Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 28 Aug 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1998648)   #1
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding the Festival - if you want to enter, contact Carole Jackson (carole@brscc.co.uk) for a form and not jamie@brscc.co.uk. The latter address is dormant as Jamie left the BRSCC several months ago and the Festival page on the BRSCC website hasn't been updated accordingly.

I do hope that not too many entries have been missed because of this!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 19:34 (Ref:1998660)   #2
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely his mail is forwarded?
Old 29 Aug 2007, 09:03 (Ref:1999018)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John, you'd think so but I know of one driver who had no response for weeks after sending an email to that address. I encouraged him to send one to an alternative address and he had a response from the Managing Director within minutes!
Old 18 Sep 2007, 12:06 (Ref:2016813)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I've found a draft Festival timetable on the Ford Racing UK website, here: http://www.fordracinguk.com/news.htm

It is an annual tradition that I feel incredulous on seeing draft Festival timetables, as many of you will know. This one features no track action at all on the Friday, which will please those testing in the days before the event. Then there's qualifying on Saturday morning for two heats, but no sign of any actual heats. Then the next action is the semi-finals on Sunday morning with the final on Sunday afternoon.

I expect, and hope, that this will change...
Old 18 Sep 2007, 12:20 (Ref:2016830)   #5
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FF's only racing on sunday!!

No FFZetecs either?

Oh well means only need to come and watch on sunday :-(

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 18 Sep 2007, 12:35 (Ref:2016850)   #6
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon heat/semis are the same thing...

Nothing for Zetecs this year either.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 12:54 (Ref:2016882)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
I reckon heat/semis are the same thing...
I fear you may be right. Be nice for people to get there to sign on at 7.25 and then finish their track action for the day at 9.15.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 13:07 (Ref:2016898)   #8
JohnMiller
Veteran

At least it makes it easy when you are deciding whether or not to do it.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 13:09 (Ref:2016901)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quite.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:18 (Ref:2019225)   #10
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not meaning to come across negatively here....but the word PANTS comes to mind. It is very unfortunate that, in some ways (and that is not to detract from the quality of the racing that is there), it has been allowed to become such a shadow of the event that it once was. Admittedly dwindling interest in Zetec did not help, but there is a certain person, who comes across as having a true passion for motorsport and FF in particular, who in the space of 4 or 5 years has established an event that very much resembles the Festivals of old.....the only difference is that it is at Silverstone. I think the fact that around 200 competitors turn out to this event suggest that the demise of the Festival atmosphere at Brands is probably more to do with deficiencies on the part of the organising club over the years rather than lack of interest or support from the driver community.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 05:43 (Ref:2019459)   #11
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to be spot on.
Now if the WHT could only take place a few weeks earlier, or a week later.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 10:29 (Ref:2030669)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

What do we think of the ruling that former Festival winners - such as Wills and Dunne - not being permitted to enter the FF1600 Festival this year? This has long been applied to the 'top class' of the Festival, and there is some good sense and logic in it being applied to what is more of a 'career' class. This, to me, just shows a lack of understanding of FF1600 and removes one of the few opportunities we have of seeing all of the best FF1600 drivers competing against each other. Gavin was certainly intending to enter.

The revised timetable, updated yesterday and on the Club Formula Ford site, still doesn't look very appealing and so I'm currently contemplating leaving at 5.30-ish on the Saturday morning in order to see any FF1600 action before Sunday morning.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 10:48 (Ref:2030683)   #13
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Ian totally agree it's ******* stupid!

Old 4 Oct 2007, 11:43 (Ref:2030733)   #14
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Nothing for Zetecs this year either.
I see that Zetecs now do have a final.
However, that don't appear to have anything before that...
Old 4 Oct 2007, 13:43 (Ref:2030876)   #15
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess zetecs will be included in the Duratec heats and Semi and then all 2 of them with have their own final!!!
Old 4 Oct 2007, 17:52 (Ref:2031142)   #16
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
I guess zetecs will be included in the Duratec heats and Semi and then all 2 of them with have their own final!!!
Well if there were a decent amount of cars there then I would come out of hibernation...........but not much point if it is only a handful and the only reason we would really be there is to bulk up the Duratec grids
Old 5 Oct 2007, 09:27 (Ref:2031744)   #17
JohnMiller
Veteran

As nothing at all has been announced re: Zetecs as far as I am aware I can't imagine there are too many, from the UK at least.

We now have a 'Festival' with FF racing only on one day. People should be imprisoned for such persistent incompetence and shortsightedness as we have seen over recent years.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:32 (Ref:2031810)   #18
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Look at how many FF1600 come out to support the WHT....get 25% of the WHT grid if they're lucky at the festival !! Too close together or BRSCC meeting?

Old 5 Oct 2007, 13:12 (Ref:2032002)   #19
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Festival WTF?!

So no drivers that have won it in the past are allowed to enter again? Are they really that sure for numbers? Do they think Kent racing is still professional? They want to give young drivers a chance? Lets be fair a young driver should beat any of the oldies that have won the Kent class in the recent past if he's any good anyway!

So now I lose out because Fricker can't do it, what if I was relying solely on that income, at this time of year I would be in real trouble, especially with 2 weeks notice!

Shocking predictable lack of logic, common sense and clue from the BRSCC yet again!

Rant over, nice day isn't it?!
Old 5 Oct 2007, 14:06 (Ref:2032040)   #20
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattray
So no drivers that have won it in the past are allowed to enter again? Are they really that sure for numbers? Do they think Kent racing is still professional? They want to give young drivers a chance? Lets be fair a young driver should beat any of the oldies that have won the Kent class in the recent past if he's any good anyway!

So now I lose out because Fricker can't do it, what if I was relying solely on that income, at this time of year I would be in real trouble, especially with 2 weeks notice!

Shocking predictable lack of logic, common sense and clue from the BRSCC yet again!

Rant over, nice day isn't it?!
You'll just have to race Matt - Lucky that rose joint broke or you couldn't

Old 5 Oct 2007, 15:04 (Ref:2032083)   #21
mattray
Veteran

Would prefer to enter and beat Wills again fair and square!
Old 5 Oct 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2032095)   #22
Ian Sowman
Veteran

That's exactly the point. If you've not got Gavin up against you to beat, it isn't quite the same!

(Already mentioned this in anothe thread.)
Old 5 Oct 2007, 15:23 (Ref:2032100)   #23
mattray
Veteran

I put this to the BRSCC and he said he doesn't think thats the case.....

that was after he said "it has always been like this" to my question of why are they doing it! How can you argue against logic like that?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 17:15 (Ref:2032205)   #24
Ian Sowman
Veteran

They are just showing a fundamental lack of understanding of FF1600 and the event - *their* event - as a whole.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2032206)   #25
JohnMiller
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattray
he said "it has always been like this"
I'm sure Gavin will be glad to get all his Festival entry fees that he has paid since winning it in 1994 refunded to him, as they obviously accepted them in error.

Last edited by JohnMiller; 5 Oct 2007 at 17:21.