Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jul 2018, 00:45 (Ref:3836195)   #76
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say good on him. It is crap, no point being nice about it.

If thats a sackable offence, there'd be not many left on the grid and Giz would have been missing from this series since before he "retired".
Old 12 Jul 2018, 01:46 (Ref:3836201)   #77
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was done mid race out of spite.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 02:08 (Ref:3836205)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I say good on him. It is crap, no point being nice about it.

If thats a sackable offence, there'd be not many left on the grid and Giz would have been missing from this series since before he "retired".
So... the team makes a pitstop error, and it’s okay to bounce a $120,000 engine off the limiter for a number of laps, wheel spinning your way into stress on the driveline?

Did the driver request another pitstop to change the tyre?

Mistakes happen. Heaven help this bloke when he next crashes a car..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jul 2018, 02:34 (Ref:3836209)   #79
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If you were the team boss would you sack him for This

Hard to not consider it..
Is it sackable to continually make errors in the garage?
Old 12 Jul 2018, 03:04 (Ref:3836212)   #80
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So... the team makes a pitstop error, and it’s okay to bounce a $120,000 engine off the limiter for a number of laps, wheel spinning your way into stress on the driveline?

Did the driver request another pitstop to change the tyre?

Mistakes happen. Heaven help this bloke when he next crashes a car..
How many mistakes has Richy had to endure in his short time with the team?
Doesn't sound like its the first error made that has affected him.
Treating the machinery poorly is not the best way to make your point, but the language and attitude is what I assumed was the focus here and I think he was right to give a serve over the radio.
The explanation he got was not quite how Tim explained it on air either.
'We put the wrong tyre on' is not the same as 'We made up the best set we could'.....who wouldn't be annoyed?

Another pitstop was never a reasonable option with only a few laps to go.

I'm feeling for the guy.
I think he is going to do something good in this series and I would prefer it if he did it with this team. Tickford need to lift, a lot, and quickly.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 05:19 (Ref:3836216)   #81
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He also had a veiled shot at Supercars for having to fly to NZ in Economy yesterday.

What's the terms of his contract in regard to next year?
Old 12 Jul 2018, 06:29 (Ref:3836223)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Is it sackable to continually make errors in the garage?
Clearly not at Tickford....
Old 12 Jul 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3836224)   #83
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
How many mistakes has Richy had to endure in his short time with the team?
Doesn't sound like its the first error made that has affected him.
Treating the machinery poorly is not the best way to make your point, but the language and attitude is what I assumed was the focus here and I think he was right to give a serve over the radio.
The explanation he got was not quite how Tim explained it on air either.
'We put the wrong tyre on' is not the same as 'We made up the best set we could'.....who wouldn't be annoyed?

Another pitstop was never a reasonable option with only a few laps to go.

I'm feeling for the guy.
I think he is going to do something good in this series and I would prefer it if he did it with this team. Tickford need to lift, a lot, and quickly.
100% on the money. He's driven for some ver professional European teams for number of years, and has come to supposedly one of the more professional teams in V8 Supercars, and look at the season he's having. He must be spewing he ever sign with them when he had other options.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 08:29 (Ref:3836240)   #84
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If you were the team boss would you sack him for This

Hard to not consider it..
No I think thats a bit harsh even to consider it.

He shouldn't have acted how he did out on track and he got a rap over the knuckles for that. Fair enough. But the team stuffed up and I can totally understand his frustration. I'd be ****ed off too if I went from a world class professional sportscar team to one of the top line teams in the series and this happened. Tickford are supposed to be a very professional outfit, there are really no excuses at this level, instead maybe some people in the garage should get the sack.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3836252)   #85
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In defence of Tickford, I wouldnt be too slow in reminding Richy how and why the contract with that world class professional sportscar team ended.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3836257)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
No I think thats a bit harsh even to consider it.

He shouldn't have acted how he did out on track and he got a rap over the knuckles for that. Fair enough. But the team stuffed up and I can totally understand his frustration. I'd be ****ed off too if I went from a world class professional sportscar team to one of the top line teams in the series and this happened. Tickford are supposed to be a very professional outfit, there are really no excuses at this level, instead maybe some people in the garage should get the sack.
Don’t drivers take responsibility for doing due diligence before signing a racing contract?

As Paul Hogan once suggested... two wrongs don’t make a right... but 3 do
Old 12 Jul 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3836259)   #87
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Don’t drivers take responsibility for doing due diligence before signing a racing contract?

He did have some good results last year which may have swayed his decision.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 03:07 (Ref:3836423)   #88
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

I'm sure winning the second biggest race of the series last year with them would've helped him make the decision to stay with them easier. It doesn't change the fact that the team stuffed up on this occasion and people in the garage should be held accountable.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3836454)   #89
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Clearly not at Tickford....
So why should what Richie did be sackable if the garage errors are not??
Old 13 Jul 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3836571)   #90
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is what you get when you sign for Prodrive. Remember the Lowndes FPR days? They've got a championship and a couple of Bathursts sure but for their funding and scope they've underachieved for almost 20 years now. They're easily the worst of the big name teams to compete in Supercars since they entered.

Best thing Stanaway can do is keep his cool and angle for the third 888 car next year. Red Bull globally love edgelord drivers (they're looking at a bloke who passed a bunch of guys under safety car for 2019 Torro Rosso ffs) and Richie won't get away with throwing his toys in a garage run by Roland Dane. He'd straighten him out.

Plus the flounce was really funny. Pretty much what you'd expect from someone who was racing in European single seaters for so long before sports cars.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3836572)   #91
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does it hurt the car that much??

In the unlikely event that Richie actually won a race, I'm sure the same engineer would be encouraging it!
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Jul 2018, 02:55 (Ref:3836597)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Does it hurt the car that much??

In the unlikely event that Richie actually won a race, I'm sure the same engineer would be encouraging it!
Engine on the limiter, gearbox copping the stresses in the lower gears, wheels spinning violently... pressure on the clutch and transmission big time.

If that method was faster, wouldn’t regular pilots like Mr Whincup be doing it every lap
Old 14 Jul 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3836647)   #93
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I imagine that Stanaway's patience will finally run out and he'll either look for a switch to different team or will come back to Europe, disillusioned by his Australian experiences. Don't get me wrong, it's not Tickford that is fully responsible for Richie's poor results this year but I think he'd be doing way better if he was in WAU, BJR or Erebus, let alone 888. But he won't be the third driver of 888 next year, some sources claim the deal is done with Simona (what a mistake) and don't think that Dane would be interested in hiring Richie.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 07:01 (Ref:3836896)   #94
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I imagine that Stanaway's patience will finally run out and he'll either look for a switch to different team or will come back to Europe, disillusioned by his Australian experiences. Don't get me wrong, it's not Tickford that is fully responsible for Richie's poor results this year but I think he'd be doing way better if he was in WAU, BJR or Erebus, let alone 888.
Bang on the money there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Richie won't be the third driver of 888 next year, some sources claim the deal is done with Simona (what a mistake) and don't think that Dane would be interested in hiring Richie.
The deal was done first, then Craig got tapped on the shoulder, not the other way around. Roland wouldn't let Cash-cow Lowndes go without already having a new, younger cash cow signed and sealed. I don't know how much he knows about making cars go fast, but his business skills are a lot of the reason for T8's success. He'd take any company in any industry to the top end of town.