Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 24 Mar 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4042650)   #166
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
CEO Adrian Hallmark has provided clarity on Bentley's approach.

'We won’t do a 12-cylinder plug-in hybrid'

'Bentley is going all-electric by 2030, and says that by 2026 it will only sell EVs and plug-in hybrids. But what does that mean for the company’s legendary twin-turbocharged W12 engine, as fitted to the new Continental GT Speed?

“We’re not going to create a plug-in hybrid with a 12-cylinder,” says CEO Adrian Hallmark. “The reason for that is mass. To package a battery and the 12-cylinder into the current car would be a massive challenge… if you put another 250kg of battery into the heaviest car we currently do, it just pushes it into a different dimension.”

Makes sense. Future plug-in Bentleys may therefore use the 3.0-litre V6 as-fitted to the current Bentayga Hybrid, and/or the 4.0-litre V8 from the Porsche Panamera & Cayenne Turbo S e-Hybrid. The company’s ‘Beyond100’ plan promises that by 2023 every Bentley will be available with a plug-in hybrid powertrain – at least one of those will be launched this year.'
Old 29 Mar 2021, 08:05 (Ref:4043664)   #167
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
https://activenews.co.uk/british-fir...tor-conundrum/
BRITISH FIRM CRACKS ELECTRIC CAR MOTOR CONUNDRUM
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace mŠs calor en EspaŮa. Me han conocido a hablar un montůn cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Apr 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4044717)   #168
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Mercedes EQS will do 477 miles on one charge

The headline facts here are a claimed range of up to 477 miles on a single charge, power outputs of 329 or 516bhp, and a new modular battery concept with a useable battery capacity of 90 or 107.8 kWh. Itís also the most aerodynamic production car ever made, with a drag co-efficient of just 0.20. Thatís a level of slipperiness once thought impossible on a road car, but critical to the energy efficiency of a new-age EV. (Itís achieved on a car wearing 19in wheels in Sport driving mode.)

Old 6 Apr 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4044826)   #169
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
2023 Hummer EV is 819bhp 4x4 with "maximum off-road ability"

Joining a closely related Hummer pick-up truck, the SUV sits atop GM's advanced Ultium electric car platform and promises a choice of "maximum driving efficiency or maximum off-road ability".

The car's blocky two-box silhouette, rugged styling and slatted front grille are reminiscent of the Hummer H2 and H3 but, with the large combustion engines making way for a much more powerful tri-motor set-up, the EV will offer significantly improved performance both on and off-road.

GM estimates a maximum output of 819bhp, which is 167bhp less than the top-rung version of the pick-up but nonetheless enough to take the SUV from 0-60mph in 3.5sec.
Old 6 Apr 2021, 22:33 (Ref:4044885)   #170
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
<Pics removed for space>

Joining a closely related Hummer pick-up truck, the SUV sits atop GM's advanced Ultium electric car platform and promises a choice of "maximum driving efficiency or maximum off-road ability".

The car's blocky two-box silhouette, rugged styling and slatted front grille are reminiscent of the Hummer H2 and H3 but, with the large combustion engines making way for a much more powerful tri-motor set-up, the EV will offer significantly improved performance both on and off-road.

GM estimates a maximum output of 819bhp, which is 167bhp less than the top-rung version of the pick-up but nonetheless enough to take the SUV from 0-60mph in 3.5sec.
Dread to think how much that weighs!
Old 7 Apr 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4044933)   #171
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think it would probably break the weigh scales
Old 7 Apr 2021, 10:57 (Ref:4044937)   #172
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

That is quite possibly the ugliest vehicle ever created. Seriously - what were they thinking? I mean, the Hummer has always been ugly but that is a whole new world of awful.

Also - surely having such a ridiculously huge vehicle is kind of defeating the whole point of EV's? Reduce emissions by getting rid of the ICE but use half a planet to actual build the thing.
Old 7 Apr 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4044938)   #173
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, it ainít gonna win any beauty contests, even against other Hummers!
Old 8 Apr 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4045124)   #174
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The headline facts here are a claimed range of up to 477 miles on a single charge...
the improving range/battery life are improving at such a rate that i feel like i am less certain my next car will be electric.

mind you for me, the current approx 250miles that most EVs currently offer is more then enough for my needs but knowing there will soon be something that easily offers twice that range means that has become my new measuring point.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4045127)   #175
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
mind you for me, the current approx 250miles that most EVs currently offer is more then enough for my needs but knowing there will soon be something that easily offers twice that range means that has become my new measuring point.
For me - the biggest consideration (and hence potential to opt for an EV) is the speed with which the range can be replenished.

So for instance - a range of 200km is no issue, if I can replenish at least 75% of that in less than 5 minutes. I can then consider a cross-continent drive comfortably.
Whereas a range of 400km is less appealing, if it takes 1-2 hrs to replenish with 100km+ of range.

I appreciate it is not every day that I am driving over 100km, but I want the ability to do so if my circumstance requires.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:29 (Ref:4045164)   #176
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The advance in battery technology over the years is certainly working. I know a forestry firm that now use a lot of battery chain saws, I was talking to one of the workers that claims his new one can run all day on one charge. Obviously it depends on how much work he is doing but I must admit I was impressed.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace mŠs calor en EspaŮa. Me han conocido a hablar un montůn cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4045167)   #177
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!
I can't say it's ugly. I think it looks like a 2020s Hummer.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4045470)   #178
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For me - the biggest consideration (and hence potential to opt for an EV) is the speed with which the range can be replenished.

So for instance - a range of 200km is no issue, if I can replenish at least 75% of that in less than 5 minutes. I can then consider a cross-continent drive comfortably.
Whereas a range of 400km is less appealing, if it takes 1-2 hrs to replenish with 100km+ of range.

I appreciate it is not every day that I am driving over 100km, but I want the ability to do so if my circumstance requires.
for sure but both increased range and recharge time seems to be advancing quickly with each newly announced model so its only a matter of time when you can have both the comfort of extra range and faster recharge times...so why not wait?

i suppose the leasing/subscription options will reduce my fear of being stuck with something becoming obsolete too quickly though.
Old Yesterday, 16:37 (Ref:4046106)   #179
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!
Mercedes-Benz EQS

5.22 m long, 1.51 m tall

330-516 hp electric engines
90-108 kWh batteries

Looks pretty good on the front and side, but the taillights could be better.
Old Yesterday, 16:45 (Ref:4046110)   #180
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Audi Q4 e-tron

4.60 m long

170-300 hp electric engines
52-77 kWh batteries
Rear- or four-wheel drive