Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 May 2022, 14:42 (Ref:4108666)   #106
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Márquez always a gladiator, fighting against Miller, Espargaró, whoever he found on his way on or out of the track. What a champion! Zarco? Remains the same…

Great show.
Apart from that scrabble for the last spot on the podium, the race was a pretty tedious but as usual that incredible save from MM mid race was sensational!
Old 2 May 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4108692)   #107
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder what Yam' team will give to FB for the coming races apart minor changes like front fender and rear arm. What can be done in the long straights against the Ducatis?
In 2023, Suzuki throwing in the towel at the end of this season, MM could have Mir as team mate.
Old 2 May 2022, 18:41 (Ref:4108696)   #108
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder what Yam' team will give to FB for the coming races apart minor changes like front fender and rear arm. What can be done in the long straights against the Ducatis?
Did you mean FQ? All Quartararo needs is a few more ponies.
Old 3 May 2022, 06:55 (Ref:4108724)   #109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
I didnt see this one coming.....

.Suzuki set to quit MotoGP at the end of 2022

This will have some mighty repercussions on the rider market, with the penultimate champion Mir and another frontrunner in Rins going to be on the market. That and will Quartar 'unsettled / unconfirmed at Yamaha it will be an interesting silly season. I imagine some riders currently out of their depth will be feeling uncomfortable about next year. Also those not perhaps performing at the level they need to (thinking Pol Espargaro at Repsol for one) I would think Honda might be keen on Mir if Fabs stays at Yamaha. Miller another we know likely out of his current seat for next year.

Less seats around aint good news for the likes of Toprak in WSBK atm.

Interesting silly season ahead in MotoGP land.
Old 3 May 2022, 07:43 (Ref:4108726)   #110
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Did you mean FQ? All Quartararo needs is a few more ponies.
Yes, sorry JR, meant FQ you're right. Yamaha say he will have more power and in fact more everything but only for next season. Re the french GP at Bugatti, I think Fabio can match the Ducatis, there's only one long straight.

One month to know if he'll be a Yam rider again…
Old 3 May 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4108775)   #111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Brilliant win by Bagnaia, this season is looking very open so far
Old 5 May 2022, 05:50 (Ref:4108936)   #112
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, sorry JR, meant FQ you're right. Yamaha say he will have more power and in fact more everything but only for next season. Re the french GP at Bugatti, I think Fabio can match the Ducatis, there's only one long straight.

One month to know if he'll be a Yam rider again…
can't say there were long straights at Jerez .. and FQ did won in Portimao.
so i guess there's more than just top speed

Ciao Marco
Old 5 May 2022, 06:01 (Ref:4108937)   #113
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I didnt see this one coming.....

.Suzuki set to quit MotoGP at the end of 2022
me neither .. it seems they need to get into an agreement with Dorna for a 2022 exit..

surely both riders should find top rides
so .. who's out to accommodate them?

Ciao Marco
Old 5 May 2022, 07:35 (Ref:4108946)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
I don't think anyone saw this announcement from Suzuki. It's a shame after they have made a great return to the sport after a few years out, culminating in them winning the championship with Mir two years ago. We'll see if Dorna allow them to go through with it
Old 12 May 2022, 13:46 (Ref:4109749)   #115
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Hope the weather will be fine all way long at Bugatti track. With Suzuki probably missing next year, discussions are in full swing. Can the tyre pressure rule be policed, will P Espargaro keep his place and so on! Fabio is expecting a warm welcome from his numerous fans together with Johann no doubt they'll gt it.
Old 13 May 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4109808)   #116
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hope the weather will be fine all way long at Bugatti track. With Suzuki probably missing next year, discussions are in full swing. Can the tyre pressure rule be policed, will P Espargaro keep his place and so on! Fabio is expecting a warm welcome from his numerous fans together with Johann no doubt they'll gt it.
seemed pretty perfect weather in practice.
Old 13 May 2022, 15:08 (Ref:4109828)   #117
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
First fight:
1. Pol Espargaró - (Repsol Honda Team) - 1:31.771

2. Alex Rins - (Team Suzuki Ecstar) - + 0.109
Francesco Bagnaia - (Ducati Lenovo Team) - + 0.122
Fabio Quartararo -(Monster Energy YamahaMotoGP™) - + 0.141
Aleix Espargaró - (Aprilia Racing) - + 0.162
Joan Mir - (Team Suzuki Ecstar) - + 0.171
Jack Miller - (Ducati Lenovo Team) -+ 0.190
Maverick Viñales - (Aprilia Racing) - + 0.307
Johann Zarco- (Pramac Racing) - + 0.341
10. Luca Marini - (Mooney VR46 Racing Team) - + 0.357

MM always an acrobat! If you make some search you can find the shoulder cam video.
Ha, ça y est j'ai trouvé https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPO1834QKc

Last edited by Gerard C; 13 May 2022 at 15:13. Reason: Found the shoulder cam link
Old 14 May 2022, 18:48 (Ref:4109926)   #118
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
With no less than 110 000 spectators, this GP is already a success.

The pole is for Bagnaia/ Ducati seconded by Miller/ Ducati, A Espargaro/ Aprilia, Quatararo/ Yamaha, Bastianini and Zarco/ Ducati, Mir and Rins/ Suzuki, Martin/ Ducati, M Marquez and P Espargaro and Nakagami/ Honda. Six Ducatis in the 13th first places…
Bagnaia makes the fastest lap ever with 1'30"450. FQ (1'30"699) says he's not to worried about his fourth place. Pourvu que ça dure!
Old Yesterday, 09:02 (Ref:4110040)   #119
S griffin
Veteran

No surprise to see so many spectators there, the French GP is already a success. Great pole by Bagnaia, with Miller alongside him, but Espargaro should be fun to watch and never rule out Fabio. The others will do their best to stay in touch. Once again Honda struggling

What a lap by Bagnaia though.