Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 18 Sep 2007, 20:14 (Ref:2017369)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2008 IRL schedule

March 29 Homestead-Miami Speedway, 1.5-mile oval (Night)
April 6 Streets of St. Petersburg, 1.8-mile street course
April 19 Twin Ring Motegi, 1.5-mile oval
April 27 Kansas Speedway, 1.5-mile oval
May 25 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, 2.5-mile oval
June 1 The Milwaukee Mile, 1-mile oval
June 7 Texas Motor Speedway, 1.5-mile oval (Night)
June 22 Iowa Speedway, .875-mile oval
June 28 Richmond International Raceway, .75-mile oval (Night)
July 6 Watkins Glen International, 3.37-mile road course
July 12 Nashville Superspeedway, 1.33-mile oval (Night)
July 20 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 2.258-mile road course
Aug. 9 Kentucky Speedway, 1.5-mile oval (Night)
Aug. 24 Infineon Raceway, 2.4-mile road course
Aug. 31 The Raceway at Belle Isle Park, 2.096-mile street course
Sept. 7 Chicagoland Speedway, 1.5-mile oval

http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=9952

Looks exactly the same to me. 'part from michigan gone.

Last edited by luke; 18 Sep 2007 at 20:18.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 20:54 (Ref:2017409)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, that's about the sum of it.

Nice calendar though. Great selection of tracks, concrete dates probably. Nice.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 01:54 (Ref:2017546)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is a big loss though. Only Indy remains from the triple crown
Old 19 Sep 2007, 04:11 (Ref:2017573)   #4
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, one of the tracks from the triple crown was turned into a shopping center 26 years ago.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 08:52 (Ref:2017675)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I was reading the posts of high expectations in tf that there would be a huge new race, talks of a race around the la baseball stadium, phoenix could be back, they would try and bring Michigan back.. A big shame IMHO. Michigan gone I'm not happy at all. They really should try and make things work as Michigan is 'Indy style' and a legendary oval.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 09:26 (Ref:2017722)   #6
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks like a great schedule to me

IRL always makes sure that their races are set in stone before they make official announcements

I’d maybe spread out of the road races a bit more, they seem to close together at the back end of the season

Perhaps I’d add one more oval now that Michigan is gone, California Speedway or Phoenix would be nice to see
Old 19 Sep 2007, 12:37 (Ref:2017887)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
Perhaps I’d add one more oval now that Michigan is gone, California Speedway or Phoenix would be nice to see
Didnt they say California Speedway was only a temporary departure when they left ? It seems its becoming a whole lot more permanent.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 13:10 (Ref:2017930)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We could do with a super speedway or two.

Dangerous yes, but that is a part of what oval racing is about.

California and Michigan need to come back.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 15:12 (Ref:2018005)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't emphasize the gain/loss of some tracks; what matters to me is that, just some days after the finish of a season, the new schedule is already defined.

That's what I call seriousness.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 16:03 (Ref:2018059)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Absolutely. It is positive to have early calendars out and Indycar has been doing this for a while now. Long may it be this way.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 21:55 (Ref:2018330)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then we must consider the serious possibility that it is a bird of the same species.

I actually don't have anything to say, I just wanted to quote some Adams.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 02:17 (Ref:2018416)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was a good article on the michigan situation, but I can't be bothered to find it at the moment. Too tired. But I was amazed at how the irl just blew them off the way they did.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 12:45 (Ref:2018877)   #13
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
California and Michigan need to come back.
Absolutely agree. Especially a Michigan will provide a link to AOW history that CC could very much do now.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 13:06 (Ref:2018891)   #14
D.R.T.
Veteran

Apologies, not CC, IRL. My bad
Old 22 Sep 2007, 03:41 (Ref:2020225)   #15
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Apologies, not CC, IRL. My bad
Very bad. Wash your mouth out with soap