Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Sep 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2961279)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm in the middle of two of the busiest two days I've had in years....Will make that first cold one Wednesday morning that much tastier. Yes, I said MORNING.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2961291)   #52
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'm in the middle of two of the busiest two days I've had in years...
But here you are, messing about on the internet lol
Old 26 Sep 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2961295)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm in the middle of two of the busiest two days I've had in years....Will make that first cold one Wednesday morning that much tastier. Yes, I said MORNING.
I'll see you wednesday afternoon, I'm packing some dry ice to keep things froze on my 2 day trek to Road ATL, so I may have a SUPER cold one when I get there!
Old 26 Sep 2011, 20:10 (Ref:2961315)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
But here you are, messing about on the internet lol

I am a multi tasker extraordinaire and always have time to check in on preps for PLM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
I'll see you wednesday afternoon, I'm packing some dry ice to keep things froze on my 2 day trek to Road ATL, so I may have a SUPER cold one when I get there!
I'd like to see that set up!
Old 26 Sep 2011, 22:16 (Ref:2961393)   #55
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI for travelers passing through or staying in town. Stay away from 285 when you are going to and from the track Friday night and Saturday.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2961413)   #56
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is I85 coming from the north?
Old 27 Sep 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2961444)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
How is I85 coming from the north?
You are most likely okay unless you are heading south during the morning rush and there is an accident. Braselton/53/Road ATL exit is far enough north that you should not get too terribly "involved" with ANY rush hour.

But with I-85, there's always a chance.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2961456)   #58
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Not trying to promote anything here, but thought some heading to the circuit may want to know about this; I am actually pondering it:

Quote:
Petit Le Mans Will Have WIFI for Fans!

For the first time ever Road Atlanta, in conjunction with Sago Networks, is offering WIFI access to our race fans! Anyone who comes to Petit Le Mans with a WIFI compatible device, can log-on and purchase WIFI to use anywhere throughout the Road Atlanta property! Road Atlanta and Sago Networks have been working on this offering for over a year and are finally ready to share it with the public. When you get to the facility just log-on to Road Atlanta and choose the WIFI package and rate that works best for you. It is that easy!
  • Entry package - up to 1Mb
    $6.95/day $11.95/2 day $18.95/week
  • Performance package - 2+Mb
    $14.95/day $24.95/2 day $37.95/week
Maybe if we can get enough people on E3 during the race at RoadATL, we can crash the system so NO one can see it!
Old 27 Sep 2011, 02:48 (Ref:2961463)   #59
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think I'll have to bring the tablet now, was trying to get thephone to tether but might be worth it for the week.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2961638)   #60
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im going to see if the new 4G card works first. If not then that might jut be a plan.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2961878)   #61
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd tether my phone (which is amazing) if Verizon didn't charge me $20 a month for something I'm already paying for. FU Verizon.

I *might* have to work tomorrow. We'll see how bad things blow up in my face tomorrow.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2961916)   #62
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Same here but Sprint wanted 35/mnth, I was trying to cheat and use bluetooth but no luck there.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 03:34 (Ref:2961990)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'm going old school; phone(s) off, scanner on, and tops of cans open all week long.

Gonna have to work a bit tomorrow in the morning but that usually happens when you have 3 or 4 jobs, can't even remember how many it is now. But oh how I love the conveniences of living so close to Road ATL...I'll sleeping in my bed tomorrow night and up early enough to be back before the morning session.

Sure joeb and some others are half way through their treks to the track.

I am looking forward to 245 tomorrow afternoon.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2962164)   #64
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just wrapped up my work for the day. Should be at the track around lunch time.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 03:03 (Ref:2962374)   #65
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got a crazy day tomorrow but my mind will be focused on RA this weekend. We'll be flying out Friday, hitting lunch with clients and then onto the track for quali. Dinner with friends and then back to RA early Saturday AM. Really looking forward to this.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2962534)   #66
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So the place had more campers than I have ever seen for a PLM Wednesday. Turn 9 looked just about full already, and other places were filling quickly.

They have added a ton more infield parking and took some of the road side parking away, so the roads MAY be easier to negotiate inside the facility this year and probably lead to more chances of finding a parking spot inside the circuit further into the race weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful race weekend that can make it to the circuit. The track looks great; Braselton has been getting a little more rain of late, it looks like.

And the weather is fantastic; the mornings are perhaps a little chilly, but I'll take it after the longest and hottest summer in recent memory.

Braselton Weather
Old 29 Sep 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2962603)   #67
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So the place had more campers than I have ever seen for a PLM Wednesday. Turn 9 looked just about full already, and other places were filling quickly.

They have added a ton more infield parking and took some of the road side parking away, so the roads MAY be easier to negotiate inside the facility this year and probably lead to more chances of finding a parking spot inside the circuit further into the race weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful race weekend that can make it to the circuit. The track looks great; Braselton has been getting a little more rain of late, it looks like.

And the weather is fantastic; the mornings are perhaps a little chilly, but I'll take it after the longest and hottest summer in recent memory.

Braselton Weather
Good news about the infield parking. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the race guys!
Old 2 Oct 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2964410)   #68
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
For my first time attending the event that was fantastic. I cannot wait for next year and hopefully it'll be part of the WEC. I did try to wander around turn four and look for the flags, but I didn't really see anything that stood out. Where exactly was everyone?
Old 4 Oct 2011, 05:13 (Ref:2965300)   #69
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the time of my life!

The 13+ hour drive each way was worth it!

I too hope this will be apart of the WEC next year.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2965573)   #70
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I have high hopes that next year will be even bigger! Even though that is hard to imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
For my first time attending the event that was fantastic. I cannot wait for next year and hopefully it'll be part of the WEC. I did try to wander around turn four and look for the flags, but I didn't really see anything that stood out. Where exactly was everyone?
We were right across from the "Turn 3" parking lot and comfort station...
Old 5 Oct 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2965983)   #71
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
I had the time of my life!

The 13+ hour drive each way was worth it!

I too hope this will be apart of the WEC next year.
Goon on ya mate!