Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Aug 2003, 14:34 (Ref:693317)   #51
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Turkey = earthquakes, football hooligans and moustachied men with greasey hair eyeong up young girls

Goodwood = classic racing, warm beer and moustachied men with greasey hair eyeong up young girls

no contest really . . . .have a great time!
Old 20 Aug 2003, 14:44 (Ref:693329)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually you can see some vintage racing of historic proportions every day on the roads around Ankara!

And when you actually see the young girls you can't blame the moustachio'd men.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 14:57 (Ref:693351)   #53
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without going into racial stereotypes etc I'm slightly confused by this reference to 'moustachied men with greasey hair eyeing up young girls' - there seems to be a compatibility / credibilty shortfall between sentence subject & object......
Old 20 Aug 2003, 15:22 (Ref:693380)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have you been to Turkey?
Old 20 Aug 2003, 15:28 (Ref:693389)   #55
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
Well don't go away for your anniversary next year Steve! Or if you do, insist on Chichester.
Congrats anyway..have a good time in Turkey.
Actually the wedding is this Saturday but we don't come back from Turkey until the Monday after. With the anniversary out of the way I should make next years Revival.

Steve B
Old 20 Aug 2003, 16:01 (Ref:693414)   #56
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Have you been to Turkey?
As a young boy.........
Old 20 Aug 2003, 17:10 (Ref:693489)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah
Old 21 Aug 2003, 06:52 (Ref:694003)   #58
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Just found out last night I'm on Post 13 for the Revival meeting. Seems I'll be wearing some of his Lordships white overals. Best I buy a flat cap and get a cravat?
Old 21 Aug 2003, 10:30 (Ref:694151)   #59
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Just found out last night I'm on Post 13 for the Revival meeting. Seems I'll be wearing some of his Lordships white overals. Best I buy a flat cap and get a cravat?
What about the red trainers will they be allowed?

Old 21 Aug 2003, 10:33 (Ref:694154)   #60
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Doubt it somehow. Guess it will have to be the white ones or the black Doc Martens
Old 21 Aug 2003, 12:13 (Ref:694296)   #61
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
some old hob nailed boots . . .a cravat is a must, they do paisley nomex now you know
Old 25 Aug 2003, 16:27 (Ref:698407)   #62
JRTM
Rookie

Ireland
Orlando, FL
JRTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luckily I have just got an entry in the Glover with some big boys. My third year overall and a wonderful weekend of escapism
Old 25 Aug 2003, 18:39 (Ref:698527)   #63
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like we'll be next door, Mark Ch, Flag Wave and myself are all on Post 1. Where's the queue for the natty white overalls, are they made to measure

Dress code is going to be flat caps and cravats then???
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:09 (Ref:698808)   #64
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kaybee, is the famous handbag allowed as a period accessory?

Steve McQueen.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 08:55 (Ref:699124)   #65
the18racer
Rookie

the18racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there in Peter Neumark's Cooper-Jaguar in the Freddie March Trophy race on Saturday. All Tenth-Tenthers welcome. Oh, and Oulton Park 50th was fantastic.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 11:13 (Ref:699242)   #66
Danster
Rookie

Danster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plans came to fruition over the weekend, will be at Goodwood from friday evening. Hopefully will be with Julian Bronson and his Lister Chevy again, maybe a few others too if they have any dramas!!

Never been before, really looking forward to it. Just got to sort my white overalls and flat cap out...
Old 26 Aug 2003, 11:48 (Ref:699277)   #67
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chigley
Looks like we'll be next door, Mark Ch, Flag Wave and myself are all on Post 1. Where's the queue for the natty white overalls, are they made to measure

Dress code is going to be flat caps and cravats then???
So I'll be the rose between two thorns, flagging at Chicane out. In a jacket and tie!
Old 30 Aug 2003, 10:01 (Ref:703254)   #68
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only a week to go!! Can't wait..
We know Stirling will be there, perhaps 'Marilyn' will be too.
Here is a shot I took at the '99 Revival. Despite the scrum of photographers, I'm sure she was looking at me!
Attached Thumbnails
stirling-marilyn.jpg  

Last edited by Andrew Kitson; 30 Aug 2003 at 10:02.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 15:22 (Ref:703391)   #69
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Jackie and I will both be in attendance, Jackie flagging on post 2 (Madgwick in), and I will be in the paddock.

Why? Because as I am still not fit enough to marshal yet, I have been asked to be Team Manager to Ernie Nagamatsu who's bringing his Buick Special "Old Yeller" across from the States again (they are arriving today). So look out for wheelchair, clipboard, and period stopwatch!!!!!!!

And this year Ernie plans NOT to re-design the chicane again!!!!!!!

Steve
Old 30 Aug 2003, 17:29 (Ref:703451)   #70
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you there Steve, I'm at post 9 for all 3 days, so technically don't need costume, but will propably go some way to looking an aged rocker!

Funny, I rarely seem to wear orange these days
Old 30 Aug 2003, 18:30 (Ref:703486)   #71
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by theracegypsy
See you there Steve, I'm at post 9 for all 3 days, so technically don't need costume, but will propably go some way to looking an aged rocker!
not much travelling or effort then required eh Bob ??
Old 2 Sep 2003, 12:16 (Ref:705607)   #72
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Doubt it somehow. Guess it will have to be the white ones or the black Doc Martens
Stephen, are you going to be at Goodwood on Thursday? If so pop by car number 1 in the Glover Trophy (Assegai - looks like a shark nosed Ferrari) and say hello.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:705756)   #73
Danster
Rookie

Danster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm struggling to find any white overalls anywhere, and less than a week to go!!

I've tried my local Decorating suppliers but to no avail, any ideas anyone?
Old 2 Sep 2003, 16:22 (Ref:705798)   #74
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wanted to go but don't know if i'll be able to make it, was hoping to go friday but have to work and dunno if i'll be able to make the weekend, hopefully I will though!
Old 2 Sep 2003, 18:49 (Ref:705948)   #75
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Danster
I'm struggling to find any white overalls anywhere, and less than a week to go!!

I've tried my local Decorating suppliers but to no avail, any ideas anyone?
But a coloured pair and then use a helluva lot of bleach!!!

Sorry but thats the best I could come up with!