Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3546289)   #276
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag View Post
Anyone have ideas about accessing that part of the race after the fact, or recording the live stream?
Torrents, Youtube, maybe here. Recording the fiawec.com stream would be easy if it is not encrypted, but it was the last time (Spa).
Old 9 Jun 2015, 11:19 (Ref:3546446)   #277
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one who has serious trouble navigating the new Eurosport site? Would like to have an account set up before it all starts.
Or would you recommend the WEC stream instead?
Old 9 Jun 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3546495)   #278
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Am I the only one who has serious trouble navigating the new Eurosport site? Would like to have an account set up before it all starts.
http://www.eurosportplayer.com this site?

>> http://www.eurosportplayer.com/subscription.shtml

Quote:
Or would you recommend the WEC stream instead?
I haven't decided yet which I'm going to get
Old 9 Jun 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3546505)   #279
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Not sure it has been posted here before but it looks like we're getting proper "all-around the circuit" coverage all night this year, not just the Bugatti parts.

Looks like they hired a few more cameramen, hopefully that will also apply to free practice
Old 9 Jun 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3546507)   #280
deggis
Veteran

Finland
That was revealed some time ago and since mentioned couple of times in different places, specifically mentioning "all cameras manned". All? That I don't believe but even a few at the right places will make a big difference.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 14:45 (Ref:3546523)   #281
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That was revealed some time ago and since mentioned couple of times in different places, specifically mentioning "all cameras manned". All? That I don't believe but even a few at the right places will make a big difference.
Well, some of the angles won't make much sense during the night I guess. The long shots down the Mulsanne will show nothing but constant headlights approaching the camera, that's not really of any use for the viewers.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 14:51 (Ref:3546527)   #282
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Well, some of the angles won't make much sense during the night I guess. The long shots down the Mulsanne will show nothing but constant headlights approaching the camera, that's not really of any use for the viewers.
Beats endless pit footage though... altough even in daylight availability of other angles has not stopped the director from showing endless pit footage
Old 9 Jun 2015, 15:27 (Ref:3546540)   #283
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those rare Mulsanne headlight blaze shots we've seen are awesome, I'm welcoming more of such with open arms. And infinitely more authentic than the unnecessary night-for-day Formula 1 floodlight lameness you see at CotA & Bahrain 6 hours.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3546585)   #284
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Not sure it has been posted here before but it looks like we're getting proper "all-around the circuit" coverage all night this year, not just the Bugatti parts.

Looks like they hired a few more cameramen, hopefully that will also apply to free practice
Nice one, hadn't heard about it so thanks for the heads up!
Old 9 Jun 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3546587)   #285
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect they will still have limited circuit coverage until warm-up starts Sat morning.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3546615)   #286
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

For some reason it insists on automatically switching to eurosportplayer.de with the whole thing being in German, although I'm not in Germany...

Is there a web guru who knows how to avoid this happening (w/o using a proxy)?

Anyway, I'm considering buying a 1 month subscription, AS LONG as it has the natural sounds audio track like it did in years before. Can anyone confirm that it's available this year?
Old 9 Jun 2015, 19:27 (Ref:3546617)   #287
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
For some reason it insists on automatically switching to eurosportplayer.de with the whole thing being in German, although I'm not in Germany...

Is there a web guru who knows how to avoid this happening (w/o using a proxy)?
That's pretty weird... what does this say? http://www.tracemyip.org

Maybe there is no Ukrainian version of it and it just redirects to DE for some stupid reason. With a VPN/proxy you could buy any version you want (just don't use Hola).

Quote:
Anyway, I'm considering buying a 1 month subscription, AS LONG as it has the natural sounds audio track like it did in years before. Can anyone confirm that it's available this year?
I don't think it shows up until the sessions start, so earliest confirmation can happen tomorrow. But it has been there for the past two years. Know that it wasn't in streaming-HD quality, unlike the actual channels (1 and 2).
Old 9 Jun 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3546658)   #288
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure it was very lovely HD last year, cause I watched it that way with natural sounds and RLM stream for commentary, which I could pause to get in perfect sync with the pictures. Considering that the WEC app thing is to have some sort of new commentary team, I'm really hopeful for eurosportplayer.

PS: tracemyip locates me correctly in Ukraine.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3546661)   #289
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Haha that was easy enough.. I tried eurosport.com and got confused.

Can't wait for practice tomorrow!
Old 9 Jun 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3546666)   #290
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I'm sure it was very lovely HD last year, cause I watched it that way with natural sounds and RLM stream for commentary, which I could pause to get in perfect sync with the pictures. Considering that the WEC app thing is to have some sort of new commentary team, I'm really hopeful for eurosportplayer.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Ok quality, but no the highest quality, same as when HD isn't available in some countries (which makes no sense).

I even took screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/HwjqOOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8GyVJql.jpg
Old 9 Jun 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3546686)   #291
Deleted
Veteran

Apparently the British Eurosport viewers are screwed as they are missing 30 minutes of the race

Saturday June 13
(race goes on on ES1 until 8PM UK)
British Eurosport 1 - 8PM to 8:30PM UK - LM 24 Minutes (live)
British Eurosport 2 - 8PM to 8:45PM UK - Cycling (not even live)
(race continues on ES1 at 8:30 UK)

Saturday June 13
International Eurosport 1 - 8PM to 8:30PM UK - LM 24 Minutes (live)
International Eurosport 2 - 8PM to 8:30PM UK - Le Mans 24 Hours Race Coverage (live)
Old 9 Jun 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3546692)   #292
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Whatever is known about Eurosport Player needs to refreshed because it is getting relaunched TODAY.

http://corporate.eurosport.com/news-detail/?id=3726

Here's hoping they'll get rid off Silverlight. HTML5 pls.

Now I definitely don't know which pay stream to get. First world problem.

Last edited by deggis; 9 Jun 2015 at 23:41.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3546693)   #293
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Apparently the British Eurosport viewers are screwed as they are missing 30 minutes of the race

Saturday June 13
British Eurosport 1 - 8PM to 8:30PM UK - LM 24 Minutes (live)
British Eurosport 2 - 8PM to 8:45PM UK - Cycling (not even live)
Hmm let's hope it's a mistake and love coverage will switch to ES2 like it does on Sunday morning when 24 minutes comes on. If it doesn't change by Friday they'll be getting an email/tweet...
Old 9 Jun 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3546694)   #294
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Now I don't know which pay stream to get. First world problem.
Why wouldn't you get Eurosport Player? What are the actual advantages of the ACO paywall, apart from no Silverlight you hate so much?
Old 9 Jun 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3546695)   #295
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Can you purchase eurosport feed in the U.S. going through a vpn? Ive never done it before so Im new to this.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3546704)   #296
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Why wouldn't you get Eurosport Player? What are the actual advantages of the ACO paywall, apart from no Silverlight you hate so much?
WEC one has slightly better quality* imho, has onboards, no channel swapping & commercial breaks if you want to have a feed with commentary, to get HD* (because not available in some locations which makes absolutely no sense) and English* commentary (because audio/language options = Scandinavian languages) you need to use VPN trickery.

Plus possibiility to sniff the direct links from fiawec.om and play them in external media player if they're not again encrypted, of course this isn't an officially supported way of watching

* assuming the site revamp has no effect on these

Last edited by deggis; 10 Jun 2015 at 00:49.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 00:46 (Ref:3546706)   #297
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Can you purchase eurosport feed in the U.S. going through a vpn? Ive never done it before so Im new to this.
Should work. You may also need to keep the VPN on when logging in/watching. Just don't use Hola VPN.

I think for non-Europeans it would be just easier to get the fiawec.com one.

Last edited by deggis; 10 Jun 2015 at 00:51.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 01:13 (Ref:3546708)   #298
Deleted
Veteran

There's only three times the whole week the broadcast is temporarily on ES2 instead of prime channel so I don't think there's too much worry about channel switching if you want to follow on the primary channels. The dedicated feed, we'll have to see how it is this year.

The WEC stream doesn't have 3 hour window rewind options. And they don't broadcast the Legends race (I think) and the 24 minutes (however lame they are). Dunno about morning warm-up, does ACO bother with that in their stream?

Also Eurosport Player is cheaper.

I don't know if "Eurosport 360" for Xbox shares any content with Player but up there it says to have pitlane, garage and onboard content.
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...v-24h-2015.pdf

Of course as you said we don't really know about the actual changes this new ES version is going to bring.

Anyway, the only real downside for me is those annoying regional restrictions if you have signed up vanilla. Scandic language services...

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Jun 2015 at 01:21.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 01:30 (Ref:3546711)   #299
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I read earlier that if you purchase the LM feed from the official site you can login on 5 different devices.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 01:36 (Ref:3546713)   #300
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
The WEC stream doesn't have 3 hour window rewind options. And they don't broadcast the Legends race (I think) and the 24 minutes (however lame they are). Dunno about morning warm-up, does ACO bother with that in their stream?
Warmup: I'd rather sleep well in preparation for the race, Legends: irrelevant to me when it is not GrC, so I don't put any value these aspects.

ES maybe has better commentary.

Quote:
I don't know if "Eurosport 360" for Xbox shares any content with Player but up there it says to have pitlane, garage and onboard content.
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...v-24h-2015.pdf
Probably not, ESP is separately listed under iptv/web. Wouldn't be surprised if those 360s ones mean streams from Youtube etc.

Btw in that pdf besides the official app it says "Pay only: Full time keeping, Free: short form time keeping", what does that mean? How can you even cripple the live timing more since it doesn't even show sector times?

Quote:
if you have signed up vanilla.
It doesn't matter how you sign up (as long as you sign up from Europe), the localization isn't based on the signup but each session/login.