Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Sep 2004, 19:52 (Ref:1088434)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roush vs RCR

Jack Roush's teams seem to head-and-heels better than Richard Childress's teams. The new engines of Roush racing now have the bugs worked out just in time for the playoffs. Martin, Kenseth, and Busch are having stellar years. Harvick and Robby Gordon are having typical years. Between the 2 of them they only have 6 top 5 finishes this year. Is it RCR's cars, crew, or the drivers that are underperforming.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 04:40 (Ref:1091538)   #2
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roush has really got it together this year. (Good to see after the dreadful time that they have had recently.) The Roush/Yates engine program really seems to be paying off - apart from Martin, Kenseth, and Busch as mentioned, Sadler is on a tear and Jarrett has come good again as well.

By contrast, the Childress organization seems to be in a bit of disarray. Harvick has brief periods when he looks good, R. Gordon... hmmmm... performing near what I would expect of him, and the third team has been a total disappointment (maybe Burton can help turn that around?). It's probably a combination of everything - cars, crews, drivers, workshop that is making other teams look good by comparison.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1102025)   #3
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the problem with RCR is that Dale Earnhardt was the soul of the organization and they haven't recovered from his loss. I also think that Chevy has shifted their support to Gibbs and DEI teams in the last few years. Plus Dale Sr. served as a connection between DEI and RCR which probally provided some kind of back door support for the two teams. RCR also lacks driver talent. Harvick can run well, but he is no Dale Earnhardt. Gordon can occasionally run well in spite of himself, but he isn't and probally never can be a consistent driver. And putting Johnny Sauter in the #30 to start the season was one of the biggest mistakes I've seen a team owner make, his only consistency seemed to be that he makes mistakes. The AOL car seemed to run a lot better when Dave Blaney and now Jeff Burton are driving.

Jack Roush has the ability to produce winning driver and team combinations no matter what. Right now he has probally the most talented group of drivers in NASCAR and full support of Ford. Plus the Roush teams seem to work harder than the other teams and are usually better prepared.

J.D.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 00:57 (Ref:1107843)   #4
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JMO but i think Matts championship gave the whole Roush organization a great shot in the arm. I just hope the 3 teams left in the championship race can bring Jack another. Still scratching my head about RCR this year. These guys really need a rethink. I'm sure Jeff Burton can help them out and getting rid of Robby would sure save them alot of sheet metal.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 11:13 (Ref:1108142)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rcr seemes to have the wind pulled out of its sails.
as good as harvick might be, and Robbie, they don't have a team behind them- they work for RCR, not as the #3 crew worked AT RCR for Dale Earnhardt.
no solidity and not alot of mutual respect. this goes a long way for them to build and engineer cars to the current level, which what they do is good enough, but not to roush/Yates standards..
of course similar thought can be rallied up against the Hendrick team Vs. RCR or the Jasper 77 team which seemed to have prematurely pulled Gaughn from the ranks into Cup.
some drivers need to take a breather and focus.
R.Gordon is one, and Harvick needs to concentrate on the racing more than his truck team.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:21 (Ref:1109326)   #6
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMHO,it's the difference in the skill level from Busch to RCR drivers.
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!
Old 22 Nov 2004, 09:54 (Ref:1160589)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
childress' drivers are not of the same quality as roush's

greg biffle is as good as kevin harvick, yet you wouldnt rate biffle as the #1 roush driver, whereas harvick is #1 at childress....
Old 10 Dec 2004, 23:24 (Ref:1176653)   #8
dei3fan
Rookie

United States
Stockbridge Ga.
dei3fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Harvick is as good as any driver Roush has. He just has not had the equipment this year that would get the job done. That and all the crew conflicts and changes etc. have held him back. Also as others have pointed out RCR has been going through a lot of issues since Dales death. Dale gave focus and a mission to the organisation and was the driving force there, now it's all really up to Richard.

Robby has done much better overall than I ever thought he would and Kevin has done worse than I ever thought he would but the cars were mostly junk this year. Still Kevin came very close to being in the top then for the "playoffs". Put Kevin in Ryans or Busch's car and he'll blow em away.

When RCR get's their engine program going right and the setups nailed down they'll be fine. The drivers are there, at least the top two are, I'll make no predictions about the others.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1178806)   #9
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But of course, Burton's now in RCR and Jeff's gonna blow Kevin away...

Or so I hope...
Old 16 Dec 2004, 02:19 (Ref:1180709)   #10
dei3fan
Rookie

United States
Stockbridge Ga.
dei3fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Burton ok, just happens that I'm more partial to Kevin and think he is the better driver of the two. It'll be interesting to watch and see what happens. As a fan of RCR actually I'd like to see all Richards drivers do well, but if there's to be another Championship in that stable, and I believe there will be, I think it'll be Kevin doing it.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 13:07 (Ref:1181042)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think jeff burtons best years are behind him - though with harvick & burton, rcr can only get stronger
Old 17 Dec 2004, 02:43 (Ref:1181547)   #12
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if any of the RCR teams have the ability to win next season. The entire organization seems to be missing something. Either they are behind in technology or have made poor decisions (hiring Johnny "DNF" Sauter is one example). Jeff Burton is a great guy, but its been such a long time I'm not sure if he knows how to win anymore. The #31 team could run well with Robby Gordon, but never seemed to have all the pieces or preparation to get a good finish. I love Blaney and think he has a lot of untapped potential, but the #07 (old #30) has never ran well no matter who the driver was. Harvick is talented, but tempermental and has major lack of focus anc control. If he doesn't win or make the chase this season his days as an RCR driver are numbered. If he doesn't have results he doesn't really have the personality to please sponsors and keep his job. It's too bad RCR has slipped backwards from the top Chevy team to #4 behind Gibbs, Hendrick, and DEI, but I don't see any real improvements or redemption in the future. Maybe I'll eat my words next season, but I don't see a large chance of that happening.

J.D.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 02:22 (Ref:1182939)   #13
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RCR had a building year in 2004, they will be much stronger in 2005.
Jeff Burton will add the needed stability of a seasoned veteran.
Kevin Harvick will also return to his winning ways.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 06:41 (Ref:1211776)   #14
slorydn1
Rookie

United States
New Bern, North Carolina
slorydn1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
RCR had a building year in 2004, they will be much stronger in 2005.
Jeff Burton will add the needed stability of a seasoned veteran.
Kevin Harvick will also return to his winning ways.
I agree...I do agree with what someone said above about Kevin Harvick not being Dale Earnhardt. Heck, Kevin would agree (and has said so himself)..
But, I believe he is a great driver in his own right and has that fire to win...It's that fire that angers so many people, sometimes, but I believe he'll get the job done!
#29 GM-Goodwrench Chevrolet all the way, baby
Old 13 Mar 2005, 01:54 (Ref:1250566)   #15
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roush is surely one of the top 2 teams so far in 2005 if not the top team..
Old 14 Apr 2005, 03:55 (Ref:1277720)   #16
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think RCR and DEI are having simular problems, Their was a lot of Dale Earnhardt in those cars and a lot of stuff was done the way he wanted it. I think you will find that the "Dale" factor is wearing off those teams. I was no Dale suppoter but i did admire the way he could make a car run. I honestly do not know if any team could easily overcome loosing someone like that. New direction is what is needed for RCR and DEI.
Old 31 May 2005, 09:15 (Ref:1315490)   #17
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
Roush is surely one of the top 2 teams so far in 2005 if not the top team..
Hendrick and Roush are head and shoulders above everyone else right now but Harvick has run very well this year. I would argue that the #29 team has been the best non-HMS/non-Roush team in terms of raw speed, although bad luck and several mistakes have Harvick in 8th in points. Jeff Burton has been surprinsingly medicore and Blaney has been average as well, although I expected that from Blaney, who is still a big upgrade over previous drivers of that race.

Will any team catch Roush/HMS in time for the C4C? RCR seems to be the closest right now, unless Harvick's talent is inflating the #29's performance, and Penske has made significant gains in recent week.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1395890)   #18
romparz
Rookie

France
Lille, France
romparz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bourdais in f1 or nascar???

bourdais, newmann haas driver, came back europe several times in june and july

we saw him with some managers in the pit lane (ron dennis, jean todt, williams,...)

contacs are very good with williams, but bourdais driver carrer target slow going stopped with the announcement of BMW engine supplying retirement,....

ferrari : one seat avalaible ???? (schumarer)
renault : one seat avalaible ??? (fisichella)
williams : one seat avalaible (heidfeld)

maybe in indy ????
with newman haas

Old 19 Nov 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1465155)   #19
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can I just ask, how come this is still sticky?