Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Feb 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1518761)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Toro Berger!

Berger buys shares in STR!http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Ber...~id~125138.htm
Old 9 Feb 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1518777)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

I read in an old Autosport that he was thinking of building a team. This is good for him and I wish him and the team every success. Always liked Gerhard.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1518780)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Three birds with a stone ! That's why it gives you wings...
Old 9 Feb 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1518867)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I read in an old Autosport that he was thinking of building a team. This is good for him and I wish him and the team every success. Always liked Gerhard.
...till he killed the BMW LMR.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 16:07 (Ref:1518930)   #5
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good move, working with Franz Tost - who of course, he worked with at BMW. I see a Team Berger eminating from this in years to come - with Red Bull sponsorship. I think Gerhard might be worried he may not get on the grid, what with maximum grid sizes and the like.

But, I could be wrong.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1518933)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
Old 9 Feb 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1518962)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting tie-up between Gerhard's shipping company and Red Bull (the business), as they have a common motor racing connection which can be exploited, with racing advice and shipping support for Red Bull, and a way for Gerhard to re-enter management. Three birds with one stone indeed.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1519014)   #8
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It can only be good for the sport seeing an ex-driver (re)invest in F1. Berger seems well respected; I'd like to see more of the same. Here me Nigel .... Emmo?
Old 9 Feb 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1519020)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
'twas always the plan. They were never going to be at Le Mans for long. At most the only difference was a year. Can't blame Berger for that.

Berger was one of the, if not the, first Red Bull backed drivers. He has long association with them.

Great stuff, it'll be good to see Berger around.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1519042)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
congrats to GB and STR as they both have alot to offer each other.

but on the business side, i can't help but wonder if this move allows Red Bull, and in particular Dietrich Mateschitz, to seperate the two teams allowing STR to run the restricted V10 and use/or not use Red Bull's 05 chasis (as they will no longer have 100% backing from Red bull so the cost arguement for small teams again become valid).

not to be the conspiracy guy here but to buy a team and then sell 50% of it the day it breaks cover and GB transfering 50% of his company to Red Bull...i dont know really what im getting at here but these guys are just too clever for me.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1519238)   #11
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Berger was one of the, if not the, first Red Bull backed drivers. He has long association with them.

Great stuff, it'll be good to see Berger around.

When was that? I'm not sure of their racing history actually, any lists on the net you know of? I recall they sponsored Craig Simmiss in Porsche Supercup in 91 in the UK (I think!!).

Agree with that last comment, Bergers what F1 needs - straight talking man who has been there and done it.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1519280)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
When was that?
It might be very early on - 80s? His touring car days?. Although perhaps that is a little too early for Red Bull? It was mentioned in a Roebuck column recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Agree with that last comment, Bergers what F1 needs - straight talking man who has been there and done it.
Yes. He will say how it is, which will be good for F1. However it should be noted that he does say how it is and still wants to actually be part of F1. And put cash there too.
Old 10 Feb 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1519310)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ITV - ...in fact Berger was the first sportsman to be sponsored by the drinks company, which now runs multi-million dollar promotional programmes in a variety of sports worldwide.

I like Gerhard, nice to have him back
Old 10 Feb 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1519331)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Gerhard started drinking RedBull some 18 years ago,never did him any arm.
Old 10 Feb 2006, 02:59 (Ref:1519359)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Toro Berger .....I will have mine with swiss cheese please
Old 10 Feb 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1519497)   #16
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will we see a BMW engine in the back of the STR car next year ?
Old 10 Feb 2006, 20:01 (Ref:1519888)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Gerhard wasn't affiliated with BMW anymore.
Old 10 Feb 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1519931)   #18
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This is Great!!! I rooted for Gerhard as a driver and now it's nice to see him back making a contribution.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1520276)   #19
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll have a Toro Berger too, with a side of horns n hooves.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1521950)   #20
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news - always rooted for GB as a driver and found him a top bloke. Good for the sport, and should add further 'fever' to what may turn out to be a rather cool outfit - Liuzzi, promised 'interesting' livery etc. Think I know who I will be cheering in the second half of the field. Is it me or does F1 06 seem to have a bit more personality about it??? SAR looks good in terms of promo from what I read, Rossi is adding colour to the general scene, JV (undeniably a personality) seems to be on a bit of a up, chrome Mclarens, the Honda looks quite cool... maybe I'm just getting swept away in pre-season giddiness, but I reckon things are on the up for F1 in terms of human interest. Only time will tell, but Gerhard is good news in that department.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1521953)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Missed this, Berger was an old favourite for no particular reason.....should be good.