Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Nov 2016, 11:03 (Ref:3687954)   #1
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTRDA RX Championship 2017

Confirmed Calendar for 2017 for the BTRDA Rallycross Championship;

Rallycross test day February 19th Blyton

• R1 March 12th Blyton
  • R2 May 6th Pembrey inc SuperLights
  • R3 May 7th Pembrey inc SuperLights
  • R4 August 5th Pembrey
  • R5 August 6th Pembrey
  • R6 October 15th Blyton
  • R7 November 5th Croft
Old 14 Nov 2016, 12:47 (Ref:3687985)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tell us all why the series are not amalgamated again? Is there a reason?

Fair play to you guys you got a fabulous entry for the last round, and some real variety, all the more reason to be pushing to bolster the MSA series surely?

Hope this can happen soon as I think it's about the right time, as I can see Lydden losing WRX in the next few years and consolidation needs to be the name of the game, not the current situation.
Old 19 Dec 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3697126)   #3
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick question as I'm a bit out of touch with the ever-changing classes. Can you run any two-wheel drive car in the modified class of both series or are there now age-limits on some cars in the MSA championship?

I don't seem to have much time for rallying these days so I may look at rallycross more seriously. Ideally I'd like to build/buy a vehicle I could use competitively in either series.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 22:58 (Ref:3719213)   #4
the entertainer 485
Rookie

the entertainer 485 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Quick question as I'm a bit out of touch with the ever-changing classes. Can you run any two-wheel drive car in the modified class of both series or are there now age-limits on some cars in the MSA championship?

I don't seem to have much time for rallying these days so I may look at rallycross more seriously. Ideally I'd like to build/buy a vehicle I could use competitively in either series.

Hi, Todd Crookes runs in both championships, he will know more about the detail - find him on BTRDA FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/958645474218983/

Round 1 at Blyton was a great start to season with lots of entry's, close racing and handy drivers, it will make for good viewing when its on telly....

Old 20 Dec 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3697405)   #5
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Tell us all why the series are not amalgamated again? Is there a reason?
It seems that not enough people want this, and as it stands with both championships running viable events and the entries increasing across the board, I don't see it happening anytime soon, unless the financial climate changes and entries start falling off again.
And realistically in the current format there would not be enough time in the day to fit all the races for both championships in the timetable. The only way it could be done is how it was back in the 70's & 80's where everyone raced together and each championship extracted their own points from the overall results at the end of the day. Back then you could have drivers scoring points for three or four different championships in one meeting.

I can't see the organisers going for this though, unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
As it stands at the moment there is no age limit for cars in either MSA Supernational or BTRDA Supermodified, and they are almost the same class other than one small difference in the engine rules.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3697427)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, really? You think right now the sport warrants two championships?

I can only shake my head sorry.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3697631)   #7
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lol, really? You think right now the sport warrants two championships?
At what point did I say that????
you asked a question, I gave an answer based on what I know of the situation.

Quote:
I can only shake my head sorry.
Well maybe instead of shaking your head maybe you could do something about it.
You are quick to criticise and quick with the advice but AFAIK you have never stepped up and volunteered to help any of the organisations running British rallycross at the moment.
Maybe you could use your excellent communication skills and top drawer diplomacy, to act as mediator in negotiations between the various organisations involved.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 22:49 (Ref:3697725)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Why on earth would I offer to do that!

I have zero interest in doing that, and neither should I have. I am a paying customer which gives more than enough right to comment on here.

Am quite happy to sit here and pick the bones out of what used to be a great sport and still could be if a few powerful people got off their arse and did something about the problems domestically.

Me donning a yellow jacket and pointing fingers with it on isn't going to help anyone.

The problems are embedded from a long time ago when some berk decided to try and line his own pocket by starting a separate series.

Nothing will ever change that, certainly not from someone with no power, no money and no influence.

So why bother.