Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2816521)   #26
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Sports stars are now using their twitter accounts to build fan followings and to release their views of events to a broad public sphere, giving them more access to teh public and their fans than conventional PR releases.

Sponsor and employer contracts however will be more restrictive in future regarding what public comments they can make including penalties for causing embarrassment or bring their sport or employer/sponsors operations into disrepute.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2817326)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Sports stars are now using their twitter accounts to build fan followings and to release their views of events to a broad public sphere, giving them more access to teh public and their fans than conventional PR releases.
Agreed.

I've just started following Martin Brundle and he's tweeted today that he and Jonathon Legard never had a "personality clash" or cross word. Now, that's come direct from MB and i'm sure that if they had had, JL would be claiming otherwise, so i'll take it as true.

I'd much rather hear it direct via twitter than second hand from a newspaper or website, or worse still, third hand off of here
Old 18 Jan 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2817333)   #28
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Good point, Mr V. I also saw that. And yeah, you can't argue with straight from the horses mouth...

I only joined yesterday.

Anyone have any good motorsport suggestions as far as Twitter goes?

Selby
Old 18 Jan 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2817336)   #29
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The F1 ones I follow are (as well as MB):

5livef1
JensonButton
CroftyF1
jakehumphreyf1
LeeMcKenzief1
antdavidson
karunchandhok
AussieGrit (Mark Webber)
H_Kovalainen
IAmLewis4Real

The only thing that gets a bit tiresome is that you often see the same thing 3 times - the BBC gang in particular have a habit of retweeting each others messages. It is great for getting info direct though.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2817344)   #30
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Lurvly! Thank you!

Selby
Old 18 Jan 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2817385)   #31
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
*cough* me *cough*

If you have a look through my list of those that I'm following, I've got over a hundred drivers and teams, all of which are legit - loads of drivers from F1, IRL, touring cars etc, plus ex-drivers
Old 18 Jan 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2817484)   #32
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I swear every man and his dog in INDYCAR (see, I hate the new name) is on Twitter. It's fantastic for sure!
Old 18 Jan 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2817570)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who isn't ?