Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Feb 2013, 09:32 (Ref:3199485)   #51
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isachsen get a new impreza build by Gunnarsson in Sweden.
So will be a better (and proper rallycross) car.
So i expact more from him this year.

Petter will do X games but have made no decision yet of he will drive GRC or ERC... I hope ERC
Old 5 Feb 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3199532)   #52
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
Im wondering if Sverre is getting the sedan Impreza. Thats a big car i believe.
Sedan and Hatchback are both based on the same chassis (GR): the Sedan is slightly longer, but not by much!
Old 5 Feb 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3199545)   #53
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David has a really strong 2012 in the GRC and posted several good results. If luck had been on his side he would have had podiums. He also has a coveted invitation to the first three events.

He has a number of opportunities that he is currently exploring.....

Mark
Fat Yellow Pig
Old 5 Feb 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3199551)   #54
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
GRC at Munich is a go? I thought they would not compete there.

But is testing free of danger?
Not free, but much safer as no competition pressure on driver.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3199688)   #55
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Sedan and Hatchback are both based on the same chassis (GR): the Sedan is slightly longer, but not by much!
Any chance they use the BRZ coupé?
Old 5 Feb 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3199700)   #56
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Any chance they use the BRZ coupé?
I'd love to see a rallycross version of that car, I think it would look fantastic!

I assume Subaru USA supply the shells though and, given the car they are using for the 2013 Rally America season is a hatch Impreza, I'm assume it'll be the same for the GRC.

If I had to place money on it I'd say the next platform change for Subaru USA will come when (if) they debut the "baby" WRX STI.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3199890)   #57
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
If I had to place money on it I'd say the next platform change for Subaru USA will come when (if) they debut the "baby" WRX STI.
That would be better, so it's Toyota who fields the Hackiroku in GRX!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3207428)   #58
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MINI coming to the GRC? http://instagram.com/p/V6s6FrnT8m/
Old 20 Feb 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3207637)   #59
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
That would be better, so it's Toyota who fields the Hackiroku in GRX!
Try the Yaris.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 05:03 (Ref:3207644)   #60
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Remember the gapgate thing of 2012? Well, perhaps we'll get tabletops and better safety measures overall, because SCCA Pro Racing will sanction GRX.

Also, it will stop FIA's complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Try the Yaris.
Boring!

Actually, these renders aren't too bad.

Old 20 Feb 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3207646)   #61
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Actually, now that I read the press release; they say:

Quote:
SCCA is a member of the Automobile Competition Committee for the United States (ACCUS), the National Sporting Authority for the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) in the USA.

SCCA Pro Racing will license all GRC drivers and also provide FIA licenses for drivers competing in international events.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 05:46 (Ref:3207667)   #62
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Remember the gapgate thing of 2012? Well, perhaps we'll get tabletops and better safety measures overall, because SCCA Pro Racing will sanction GRX.

Boring!

Boring or not, that's what it'd be.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3207935)   #63
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
MINI coming to the GRC? http://instagram.com/p/V6s6FrnT8m/
It's certainly a strong possibility. Prodrive are very keen on entering, and as they currently run the Mini project then I'd say the chances of seeing a Mini in the GRC/X-Games is very likely.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3208003)   #64
USRallycross
Racer

United States
I think I predicted last fall that a MINI was in development for the series. This isn't the only one........

The SCCA announcement is interesting. For those that don't know the SCCA dropped stage rally because of the liability insurance. This created Rally America that introduced (real) rallycross in the US. GRC needed an FIA affiliated sanctioning body to overcome some of the problems we managed around last year. There were several choices and this is an interesting one to win. Let's see what they are comfortable sanctioning.

As much as the purists struggle with the GRC format it is what works here and what the audience wants. The SCCA will now be sanctioning something that carries the same risk as the stage rally scene they walked away from.

Mark
Fat Yellow Pig
Old 20 Feb 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3208020)   #65
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Have to say it surprises me there are no Mini's in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
As much as the purists struggle with the GRC format it is what works here and what the audience wants.
How do you know? Did they try the original European format?
Old 20 Feb 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3208026)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:

Boring!

Off-topic: From what I understand Toyota has dropped the development of the Yaris rally car in favour of the WEC project.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3208027)   #67
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Off-topic: From what I understand Toyota has dropped the development of the Yaris rally car in favour of the WEC project.
That is correct. The Yaris is staying at the back of their minds, but all efforts are currently focused on the WEC. Hopefully the Yaris will be re-born in a year or so.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3208041)   #68
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Have to say it surprises me there are no Mini's in Europe.
<spoiler>

</spoiler>
Old 20 Feb 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3208051)   #69
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I mean Mini supercar.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3208107)   #70
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Yes, Rally America tried the traditional format in 2010 at New Jersey Motorsport Park. Some good racing and I thought a great venue but small crowds and no grandstand space to grow.

The interest levels went up significantly for X games vs. regular traditonal races. TV deal was different, sponsorship different and so on.

There will be a traditional style this year as well at Pocono Raceway and hopefully that will build a grass roots series.

Mark
Fat Yellow Pig
Old 21 Feb 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3208195)   #71
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdesign View Post

Those are fat wheels!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3208361)   #72
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
Yes, Rally America tried the traditional format in 2010 at New Jersey Motorsport Park. Some good racing and I thought a great venue but small crowds and no grandstand space to grow.

The interest levels went up significantly for X games vs. regular traditonal races. TV deal was different, sponsorship different and so on.

There will be a traditional style this year as well at Pocono Raceway and hopefully that will build a grass roots series.

Mark
Fat Yellow Pig
They used different tracks at NJMP then. But, without having been there myself, I think none of them were compact enough to produce some kinda stadium atmosphere that is vital for proper Rallycross.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3208517)   #73
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Those are fat wheels!
Well.... a mini.. it's a SAAB powered mini.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3210569)   #74
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Speaking of gapgates at the X Games, The Onion published a very dark humour article on the danger of motorsports.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3210597)   #75
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Speaking of gapgates at the X Games, The Onion published a very dark humour article on the danger of motorsports.
I suspect that in the next year someone somewhere will actually do this now thanks to that article (with the leading candidate to replace it being an event that challenges athletes to drive a gasoline-soaked tractor through a flaming loop-the-loop)