Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2004, 09:16 (Ref:1090663)   #1
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV to Sign for Sauber?

Peter Sauber has admitted it would be 'nice' to have a world champion drive a Swiss-built car in F1 next year.

He is surely referring to French-Canadian Jacques Villeneuve, who recently toured Sauber's F1 factory in picturesque Hinwil.

F1 Central wrote that a sources are now telling an authoritative British publication that the 33-year-old will sign a 'points-bonus' two-year deal.

http://www.f1central.net/news/1094702798.html
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_17212.shtml

Last edited by Led ZeppF1; 9 Sep 2004 at 09:18.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 09:21 (Ref:1090669)   #2
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting, interesting. If he does sign for Sauber, then who will fill the vacated BAR berth? Also, if this is true, then what is the agenda behind the Liuzzi test? Is Massa's place watertight? I'd be surprised to see him sign for them, but it'd be good to see him back in F1, and Sauber have progressed quite significently since '03...
Old 9 Sep 2004, 09:23 (Ref:1090670)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sources. Haven't we heard from them before?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1090682)   #4
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - in the context of the Williams test was it not ?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1090708)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And IIRC a return to B*A*R?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 10:44 (Ref:1090721)   #6
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't you just love rumours
Old 9 Sep 2004, 10:57 (Ref:1090729)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well it was one of my favourite albums of the seventies, but it pales against some contemporary Pink Floyd stuff.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 11:03 (Ref:1090732)   #8
spider
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Well it was one of my favourite albums of the seventies, but it pales against some contemporary Pink Floyd stuff.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 11:19 (Ref:1090742)   #9
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, we have same flavor here. PF rules.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1090754)   #10
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to ruin the fogey discussion of classic rock , but does Sauber actually pay Massa's salary, or is he there at Ferrari's request? If Sauber doesn't pay Massa's salary (or does pay him, but gets a cheaper engine deal as a result) and they don't have to pay JV anything but a 'points bonus', then perhaps they could free up enough cash to run a third car on Fridays (Luizzi?).

That is all pure speculation / BS, so take it for what it is worth!
Old 9 Sep 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1090771)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
OK then.

Personally I can't see JV getting of his backside on the basisi that he may or may not be paid.

The F2003 isn't going to last forever and I doubt they can "develop" a 2004 as reliable as the real thing.

Now what was the name of the good looking woman in Fleetwood Mac?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:00 (Ref:1090777)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stevie Nicks?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1090779)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Can't see JV doing much at all in a sauber,but tv ratings will go up.

Stevie nicks i think it was Peter.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1090782)   #14
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa will remain at Sauber from what I can see, his father is the FIAT importer for Brazil... tends to help...
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:06 (Ref:1090784)   #15
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but Christine McVie had the talent!
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:21 (Ref:1090798)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Says a lot for JV that the subject matter wandered a bit,apparently he likes PF too instead of the usual Phil collins that so many f1 drivers seem to like.Perhaps another thread there.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1090809)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Christine is talented agreed. JV was too.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1090812)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Call me a fool - but I suspect this JV drive will actually happen.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1090814)   #19
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JV likes Pink Floyd? That might just make me a convert! Possibly.

Of course, what Jacques needs to understand is that Shine On You Crazy Diamond wasn't written about him...

As for the Sauber story, it appears to have more legs than the other rumours so far... it would be nice to see him back, but for me it depends who has to make way.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1090824)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Call me a fool -
Ooh, er, hmm.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 12:56 (Ref:1090833)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sources. Haven't we heard from them before?
I think he has been linked to Sauber before. Autosport are calling this a 'fresh' rumour.

oh and Who's Next beats Rumours. Although I like both.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1090874)   #22
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
One thing is certain in my mind. If true, the Sauber will be driven to it's full potential.

Another thought, Craig Pollock isn't saying anything; could this be a ploy to get DR to stop sitting on his hands, give up on Button and look seriously at getting JV back?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1090998)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
Another thought, Craig Pollock isn't saying anything; could this be a ploy to get DR to stop sitting on his hands, give up on Button and look seriously at getting JV back?
Quote:
Autosport, yesterday
Speaking to autosport.com [pollock] he said: "If I had a deal with Sauber I wouldn't tell you and if I didn't have a deal with Sauber I wouldn't tell you! I've got nothing really to say about that. We're looking at all the options."
Old 9 Sep 2004, 16:33 (Ref:1091006)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Oops.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1091019)   #25
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sorry, I missed the gist of that Peter. Perhaps you can spell it out for me?