Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3587244)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was an uneventful start, apart from Vettel getting a puncture, due to contact with Ricciardo but Nico' managed to hold off Lewis.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3587248)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't know what happened there? It looked like Vettel took himself off, though only temporarily.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3587253)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Vettel goes off, can't tell what caused that but it brings out the first caution of the race.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 20:52 (Ref:3587260)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Nico, finally broke a bit of a dry run. First time both Ferrari's hadn't finished since 2006, a fact gleaned courtesy of Sky F1.

Otherwise a rather dull race, made up for by the Pirelli Sombreros on the podium.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3587264)   #30
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Nice to see (hear) that the crowd was shouting Nico's name. That will surely help his confidence.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:23 (Ref:3587268)   #31
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all, it's nice to finally have a new race with fully packed grandstands, and with passionate fans on them.

I watched the race in a bar, so without the sound. So I wonder, without the safetycar, would anybody have tried a one-stop strategy. I thought (well hoped at least) that Verstappen could do it. If that was possible, he might have won from the Force India's, and maybe Massa.

What an embarrasing performance of Ferrari! Both drivers really underperformed with tons of errors each. Having said that, I wonder if Vettels crash was caused by a technical issue?
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3587278)   #32
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
So I wonder, without the safetycar, would anybody have tried a one-stop strategy
I think Perez did? Not sure though ...
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3587281)   #33
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
I thought (well hoped at least) that Verstappen could do it. If that was possible, he might have won from the Force India's, and maybe Massa.
I think they would have eaten him alive on the restart and the lap after, and he would have ended up roughly about 8th or 9th, so not very different from what he has now.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3587282)   #34
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max had bad luck his engine temps where running high so he could not atack Perez, it probably would have been a nice battle.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:59 (Ref:3587287)   #35
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Max had bad luck his engine temps where running high so he could not atack Perez, it probably would have been a nice battle.
I think that was the case for everybody today. Not just Max.
I know you're a (big) fan, but about everyone was struggling with higher than expected tyre wear, high brake temperatures and/or high engine temperatures.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 22:09 (Ref:3587296)   #36
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I think they would have eaten him alive on the restart and the lap after, and he would have ended up roughly about 8th or 9th, so not very different from what he has now.
But without a safetycar they would have had to bridge a gap first... When the yellow flags got out, it was pretty obvious that everybody who did not have piited twice would have to change tires.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 22:18 (Ref:3587298)   #37
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
But without a safetycar they would have had to bridge a gap first... When the yellow flags got out, it was pretty obvious that everybody who did not have piited twice would have to change tires.
Except Perez? I think he only stopped once. But I am not sure, so we need to check that.

EDIT: He did. On lap 18, even before Max' first stop. He really is very good when it comes to tire management.

Last edited by gert; 1 Nov 2015 at 22:22. Reason: checked pitstop data
Old 1 Nov 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3587306)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good race, nice to see Nico beating Lewis in a straight fight.

Few thoughts
1) I'm worried about Kimi he just seems to be running into people unnecessarily too often. A bit like Schumi 10-12

2) The blue flag rule is silly. Seb having to let Lewis through even though he could easily unlap himself and was probably faster than Lewis. And when is the FIA gonna realise this SC free pass rule just wastes laps unnecessarily. Glad Lewis didn't get by on the restart as by rights Max should have been between them

3) I feel overtaking would have been easier if we had the proper peraltada instead of the mickey mouse Baseball stadium
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:14 (Ref:3587311)   #39
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Kudos to Vettel for taking the blame on his crash, and agreeing on the no-actions-taken-on-Vettel-vs-Ricciardo

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121615
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:22 (Ref:3587314)   #40
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
1) I'm worried about Kimi he just seems to be running into people unnecessarily too often. A bit like Schumi 10-12
Not so sure about it. It was a fairly opportunistic move by Bottas, riding the curbs and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Seb having to let Lewis through even though he could easily unlap himself
But he didn't and that probably is the problem. Either you unlap yourself (from the leader) or you give way to the chasers.

I think he was faster than both Mercedes drivers, but not by much. It would have taken him a few more laps to unlap himself.
Unfortunately, the rules are like this: you have t let 'faster' cars (the leaders) pass in a certain amount of time.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 07:20 (Ref:3587408)   #41
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
This backmarker rule is crazy. Why not get them to all pull over in line till the field comes past and they are all behind the last man on the racing lap. Be a lot quicker.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 08:09 (Ref:3587411)   #42
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
This backmarker rule is crazy. Why not get them to all pull over in line till the field comes past and they are all behind the last man on the racing lap. Be a lot quicker.
Great idea!
Old 2 Nov 2015, 08:24 (Ref:3587418)   #43
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Except Perez? I think he only stopped once. But I am not sure, so we need to check that.

EDIT: He did. On lap 18, even before Max' first stop. He really is very good when it comes to tire management.
Seriously? That is indeed impressive. Now I'm curious whether Hulkenberg also stayed out during the safetycarphase. I know he ran on the harder tyres at the end of the race. I thought that that was odd, assuming he had pitted under yellow. Where can you check the pitstops?
Old 2 Nov 2015, 12:15 (Ref:3587461)   #44
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Seriously? That is indeed impressive. Now I'm curious whether Hulkenberg also stayed out during the safetycarphase...
Hulkenberg did 2 stops

Quote:
Where can you check the pitstops?
You can get them from the FIA webpage.

The timing data for Mexico is here

And the pitstop data is here
Old 2 Nov 2015, 16:26 (Ref:3587525)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
saw this pic of LH on reddit today. seems to be doing well stuck in traffic!

Old 2 Nov 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3587570)   #46
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Forget about the Mexican cuisine, a 70 place grid penalty is enough to make anyone misfire.

Seriously, what does a 70 place grid penalty actually achieve and what does it say about F1?
In our current ultra-PC, be-nice-to-everyone, don't-be-offensive, let's-save-another-bloody-polar-bear world what it says is unsayable.

It has now gone beyond parody, beyond irony, beyond believable – and beyond saving.

Rosberg's pole time was 3 secs shy of Mansell's, 23 years ago. Now that's progress.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3587610)   #47
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
In our current ultra-PC, be-nice-to-everyone, don't-be-offensive, let's-save-another-bloody-polar-bear world what it says is unsayable.

It has now gone beyond parody, beyond irony, beyond believable – and beyond saving.

Rosberg's pole time was 3 secs shy of Mansell's, 23 years ago. Now that's progress.
The track isn't even the same as when Mansell drove their!
Old 3 Nov 2015, 06:11 (Ref:3587728)   #48
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Poor little bugger looks like he about to suffocate and be trampled by a Mexican gang.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3587762)   #49
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Lewis (Kilroy) woz here!