Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Jul 2003, 06:27 (Ref:672953)   #1
se70
Rookie

se70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory 27th July - thankyou

I don't believe I thanked the 2 marshalls that helped me out of the passenger window of my car (Fiat No.3) yesterday at the exit of the Esses. Thanks guys, and to anybody else that helped get the car on the recovery truck whilst I was having my first (and hopefully last) ride in an ambulance.

I've recently discovered the ten-tenths site and am a regular reader of several forums. The marshalls forum is interesting and amusing to read as it's good to hear views on our sport from the people who sit at the side of the track in all weathers, watching us have our fun.

Cheers.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 12:49 (Ref:673234)   #2
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep! Saw that! Bet you're a bit sore this morning?
I was in the Fire Car at the entrance to the paddock and thought "That's gonna Hurt"
Hope you're OK and can be out racing again soon!

Mark

PS - Does anyone know how the driver of Fiat Number 81 from the second race is? I understood he/she was taken to hospital!

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 28 Jul 2003 at 12:51.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 13:19 (Ref:673280)   #3
se70
Rookie

se70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi observer, yes I am rather sore today!
It was one of those "do I go left or right?" moments and unfortunately picked the wrong one. Won't be racing again this year, I think we're gonna bin the car, it was getting on a bit anyway.

As for No.81 I wondered what happened to him as I was spectating by the new chicane for the 2nd race. It was his very first race having taken 24hours to get to Mallory from Cornwall breaking down on the way and missing qualifying (we were speaking to his family in the paddock). And I thought I had a bad day!

I will email our championship co-ordinator and ask how he is.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 13:44 (Ref:673313)   #4
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd heard No81 had had a nightmare journey to the track.....something or someone somewhere was perhaps telling him he should have stayed at home yesterday!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 14:08 (Ref:673335)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I didn't volunteer for the meeting at Mallory and it was a last minute decision to go (Blagged a lift.....thanks SJC-214)

Had a great day though! There were enough Observers and Flaggies apparently so I was asked if I would "Do The Fire Car"
Anyway I had a great day doing something I hadn't expected to do and there was some great racing too! I won a fiver in the raffle and had it doubled-up.....free beer as well!

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 28 Jul 2003 at 14:14.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 19:35 (Ref:673632)   #6
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gather the trip to hospital for 81 was more precautionary than anything else. He did go off at considerable speed, but then you would do if you had no brakes at the hairpin. The Recticels did an excellent job and Race Control did have a very good view of the sky after the CCTV camera was repositioned!!!!

Ps. How do you get your 127 to go so well. Could never get mine wound up that well when I owned one.

Last edited by G Tanner; 28 Jul 2003 at 19:38.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 19:36 (Ref:673634)   #7
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
glad to here you had a nice time mike i did not no you where on 10/10ths or i would have spoke to you a bit more as we where parked near each other.as far as i no the driver of 81 went to hospital for x-ray on his leg
Old 28 Jul 2003, 19:50 (Ref:673646)   #8
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry mark i change your name there