Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 3 May 2004, 20:54 (Ref:959750)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heavy work load at Brands

The boys and girls worked hard in miserable conditions at Brands for the 750MC meeting today...
Attached Thumbnails
vees.jpg  
Old 3 May 2004, 20:56 (Ref:959754)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The marshal in the body-warmer is saying... "Ahh.. the Formula Zips we planted last year have sprouted"
Old 3 May 2004, 20:58 (Ref:959757)   #3
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...there was the odd delay, hopefully things were not as bad as it seemed.
Attached Thumbnails
ba.jpg  
Old 3 May 2004, 21:26 (Ref:959796)   #4
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Situation normal with Vees and Locosts then.
Old 4 May 2004, 07:46 (Ref:960073)   #5
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a note who was observer on post 3 yep the priest catcher he"s now turned his attention to f vee. Good days work Steven , thanks for your and your teams efforts yesterday!

Regards

Pete Stenning
750 Chief Observer
Old 4 May 2004, 08:28 (Ref:960098)   #6
GordonG
Racer

GordonG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of the drivers involved in the RGB incident on the start straight, I'd like to extend my thanks to all the marshalls, medics and other officials for an excellent, efficient and most professional (sic) job.

It's most comforting to see the speed with which a large number of marshalls were organised, and the various cars and drivers involved prioritised and dealt with.

Many thanks.

Gordon
Old 4 May 2004, 08:45 (Ref:960111)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
there were problems - the whole vee field was sat in the holding area for and our in the rain, then were not given enough time between two races. nobody knew the grid for race 2...
Old 4 May 2004, 09:56 (Ref:960165)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks Peter, I was only one member of a team who did an excellent job in dreadful conditions.

Gordon, Thanks for your kind words and a very warm welcome to Ten-Tenths. I hope your colleague is now home safe and well after being cut from his car?
Old 4 May 2004, 10:18 (Ref:960181)   #9
GordonG
Racer

GordonG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand that he has some cracked ribs and was in hospital overnight, but is basically OK in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks again.

Gordon
Old 4 May 2004, 10:26 (Ref:960188)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
If you get the opportunity, please pass him our best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Old 4 May 2004, 12:49 (Ref:960371)   #11
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd just like to thank all the drivers we met yesterday for their friendliness when they came to meet us! Although I really would have thought Post 4a (outside bottom of Paddock) would have been busier...

4/10 - Must try harder!
Old 4 May 2004, 15:49 (Ref:960496)   #12
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
there were problems - the whole vee field was sat in the holding area for and our in the rain, then were not given enough time between two races. nobody knew the grid for race 2...
After the second red flag for the RGBs, they would normally have been put to the end of the meeting but, as at the time a large number of Vees had still not arrived in the collecting area despite lots of chasing, it was decided to give the RGBs a third try. I guess if you had all got to position promptly you would have been racing rather than waiting??
As for the grids.. with the second RGB race being incorporated into the first, there was less time to get the grids sorted after the heat. I'm sure Robin did his best.
Old 4 May 2004, 18:21 (Ref:960686)   #13
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to say well done to the marshals that delt with the accidents yesterday. The RGB one happened right in front of me (the magnet strikes again) and a nasty shunt was delt with very professionally. I hope the driver was ok...the only details that we heard over the pa was that there were suspected broken ribs?

Was suprising that the vee's weren't off more than they were!
Old 5 May 2004, 11:58 (Ref:961384)   #14
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter you probably guessed my feelings after you told me that I was starting from the pit lane...

I think the problem might have been communication, as we were amazed that the RGB's had a 4th? start. Also there were problems with the grid, we left the pits in the right order but when we got to the grid it was very confused. We were told at one point to drive the wrong way down the pit lane.

Last edited by ss_collins; 5 May 2004 at 12:04.
Old 5 May 2004, 15:01 (Ref:961559)   #15
NJF
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
NJF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You weren't told that by me!
Old 5 May 2004, 16:06 (Ref:961634)   #16
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ss_~

I did see a couple of cars going WD in the pit lane. I know the CoC wasn't very happy about it. I would like to avoid the confusion again so if you can tell me who was providing these instructions, I will give some education. From the last post I guess it wasn't Nicky.
Old 5 May 2004, 16:28 (Ref:961657)   #17
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As in the practice session the vees had gone to the assembly area as they were supposed to then we may not have had some confusion? This is why the 3 cars that did correctly go to assembly were released before the cars in the pit lane on session 2.
Old 5 May 2004, 16:47 (Ref:961670)   #18
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
I was one of the cars going WD and Woodyracing was the other. Alan was told to send us that way to the holding area by a marshal - not sure which... we were only following instructions. Even when I got to the end of the pit lane I had no idea what was going on, which why I was a bit off when you came up to me peter (my apologies I'm normally very nice to marshals - waved to all ove them could see after the first race).

We simply were not given enough time or information between the races then got conflicting messages. To let you know how much of a rush it was - I was still doing up my belts as I drove down the pit lane.

Apparently the flagging was strange on the finish of the vee final in that I was shown the flag before the winner Jez (a mate got this on video), and Woodyracing was saying he wasn't shown the flag at all.

However I had really enjoyable practice and first race, and the marshals must have had nightmare getting soaked - thtanks for coming out - I tried to wave to you all!
Old 5 May 2004, 17:43 (Ref:961720)   #19
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
post four also got its fair share for the "work" during HOT hatch quailifing we delt with the first on ciriut fire for the day;small under donett fire 1 powder & 1 foam soon had it out.