Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1701745)   #1
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Wrc 07

Loeb will inevitably go on to take the title this year - but can anybody seem him being beaten next year? The way things are stacking up it doesn't look likely - why do I say this? Well:

Citroen will be back with their official works effort and a brand new car - the Xsara is supposed to be past its best in terms of development so how much quicker will the C4 be?

If Subaru can't get past their reliability problems they won't be able to maintain a title push. Petter has been errratic this year as he pushes beyond his and the cars limits in an attempt to make up for the cars shortfalls. Unless the car is reliable next year will be no different. Atkinson has shown good speed on occasions but I don't think he'll be capable of living with Loeb or Petter.

If Gronholm retires (is he signed up for next year?) then the Ford atack will be severely dented. This year Gronholm has been the only driver able to fight on equal terms with Seb, Hirvonen has been impressive but if Gronholm does go is he experienced enough to lead the team?

Suzuki and Mitsubishi will be there too (full or part programs) but they're both using next year for development and won't be a title threat.

So, what does everyone else think? Is next year a formality for Loeb or can someone (who?) push Loeb and even take the title?
Old 4 Sep 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1701814)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gronholm is in it next year I thought? I thought he was on a two year contract?

Gronholm is the only guy who can beat loeb IMO. If he has a car that matches Citroens reliability record of course....

Solberg will never win a title again as his luck is a complete joke.

Maybe Hirvonen or Sordo could step up to the plate, but that is 99.9% doubtful.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1702487)   #3
edoncke
Rookie

edoncke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that loeb wil have to watch out for gronholm,also sordo(he really impresed me this year) i think that subaru wil have to work on their car so that it wont break down so often.
whit the bf goodrich tyres they wil also perform better i think.

mayby hirvonen wil be a bit of a threat but i dont think that he wil be ablle to compete whit seb in every rally.

i hope solberg does better next year!!!!
Old 5 Sep 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1702719)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
If Solberg gets a reliable car and Gronholm does stay on then we could be in for a good season At the moment it's only really Gronholm that can take the fight to Loeb - if more drivers are capable of taking wins then the whole series will get a boost. Loeb is in danger of turning into the Schumacher of rallying - multiple record holder but his achievements offset by the argument that he doesn't have top line opposition.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1710753)   #5
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look out for a certain young Norwegian called Andreas Mikkelsen. I know the top brass at Ford rate this guy very highly.
I would not be surprised to see him competeing in the WRC next year.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1710840)   #6
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.andreasmikkelsen.com/

A wellknown skier backed by Jim Carlsen, the former manager of Petter Solberg and the big man behind the Norway Rally. But will Ford do the same mistake they did with Petter Solberg...?
Old 15 Sep 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1710849)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And not to forget: a certain Martin Schanche JUNIOR is also involved...
Old 15 Sep 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1710956)   #8
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully they will stick Mikkelsen in the stobart team and he will finnally show that Wilson just doesn't have the natural speed to make it at the top level. Stick to death of hearing that wilson is only 19 and he is only learning. Either you have the speed or you don't. That extra 10/10ths you need have to be at the top level can't be thought now matter how much experiece you have.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1710990)   #9
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think its maybe a bit early for Mikkelsen but hope he proves me wrong!

Sordo will be the man to watch I think! (other than loeb and marcus, and petter if they build a good car!)
Old 20 Sep 2006, 00:01 (Ref:1714213)   #10
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Talk of Atkinson possibly being Suzuki's star signing for next season - and rumours that he has already driven the SX4.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 03:58 (Ref:1714280)   #11
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Talk of Atkinson possibly being Suzuki's star signing for next season - and rumours that he has already driven the SX4.
Well I guess I has been queit at the Subbie camp, and Solberg was confirmed about 3/4 months ago.
Then again Atkinson has done less this year than last year... and I know most of that is because of the car
Suzuki is a home coming, but I would want a multi year deal and no Top teir drive. otherwise he could be an Armin Schwartz. (Good, around for a long time, maybe an odd win or two, but never a serious contender)
Old 24 Sep 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1717896)   #12
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
Sordo will be the man to watch I think!
Judging by his performance in Cyprus I think Sordo might have lost his nerve a little bit.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1717949)   #13
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do you say that David? He had problems along the way!!
Old 24 Sep 2006, 21:42 (Ref:1717956)   #14
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sordo is very very quick on sealed surfaces, he can pretty much keep pace with the top two runners, however i think he lacks a bit of pace and confidence on the loose stuff, im sure that will come with time but the past few rallys havent helped his confidence at all. im sure he'll get there though
Old 25 Sep 2006, 07:43 (Ref:1718140)   #15
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
Why do you say that David? He had problems along the way!!
One or two of the mistakes he made in Cyprus showed either a lack of concentration or lack of confidence. (IMHO)
Also his attitude after the mistakes showed a lot of emotion, he used to be less upset when he went off.
He needs to put in a couple of solid perfomances to get his confidence back. Not try too hard, just go for a finish.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1719562)   #16
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ooops, mind that roundabout