Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2003, 04:23 (Ref:523150)   #1
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mighty Max: "Here I come to save the day."

Did anyone catch Max Mosley's response to Frank and Ron's prima donna act? Although I don't agree with Max very often, I thought it was great reading.

http://www.fia.com/homepage/selection-a.html

Click on the 6th item from the top.
Old 4 Mar 2003, 02:03 (Ref:524067)   #2
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't be bothered reading what max has to say
Old 4 Mar 2003, 02:11 (Ref:524072)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, I had read it last week, PCeater and I agree with you, I usually find Oswald...err Max a real pain but I think he spelled out the points quite clearly. RWC, I agree with you, I rarely care what Oswal..er Max has to say , but I think he's on target here.

It was surprisingly lucid.
Old 4 Mar 2003, 18:44 (Ref:524700)   #4
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Again I must say: Max, this is the FIA, not the New Front!
Old 4 Mar 2003, 19:27 (Ref:524726)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He puts the case pretty well, Would've loved to have seen Ron and Franks faces when they saw this! Especially the bit about Minardi's Prost money!

Did the FIA ever get a reply to this?
Old 4 Mar 2003, 19:33 (Ref:524732)   #6
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
He puts the case pretty well, Would've loved to have seen Ron and Franks faces when they saw this! Especially the bit about Minardi's Prost money!

Did the FIA ever get a reply to this?
Yes they have. Frank and Ron said they will procede taking the FIA to arbitration if Max doesn't come up with a better answer. I believe the term they set has passed, so its up to the arbitrationboard.

Probably you like soap-opera's or anything, because its exactly that level on which Max is playing at the moment. Somewhat pathetic. Good to see at least Frank and Ron are staying rational about it.

Last edited by NiceGuyEddie; 4 Mar 2003 at 19:33.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 02:02 (Ref:525171)   #7
Svend
Rookie

Svend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rational about what.

blablablablablablabla

Dennis & Williams write a letter. Mosley responds and wipes the floor with their unconstructive complaints.

Where is the problem?
Old 5 Mar 2003, 02:57 (Ref:525192)   #8
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F&R complain about having to save money(but they did waste a LOT to do it)and feel that the dictator must be challenged...valid complaint

Mad max felt he HAD to do SOMETHING ,even if it was just p*ssing on the stupid idea of the teams deciding too much in f1....valid point

what do we end up with? The 'best' motorsport on the planet unable to form a structure that can make simple decisions about the future.
A universally dispised dictator of the rulemaking organisation
A situation where the comercial holder of the sport is GIVEN complete rights to make money WAY in excess of any good he's allegedly ever done to help the sport

the only hope are two things:
The GPWC actually works....(?)
Or,the renegotiation of the current concord agreement makes some serious,usefull changes to power sharing and decision making..allong with it's orriginal valid reason of sharing the money better
Old 5 Mar 2003, 03:03 (Ref:525195)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Formula One collapses into irrelevancy and someone else who is like Bernie was before he became a megalomaniac comes along to save it from itself.

That's what I hope for, actually.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 05:09 (Ref:525252)   #10
allen_overy
Racer

allen_overy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MAX replies in the same manner as he is asked. He is A REASONABLE MAN judging from his answers, and the letter from F&R.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 09:03 (Ref:525380)   #11
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by allen_overy
MAX replies in the same manner as he is asked. He is A REASONABLE MAN judging from his answers, and the letter from F&R.
Taking this personal and acting like it, is not reasonable. Not unless you´re 5 years old.

The FIA imposed rules without unamity among the teams. Thats worth a trip to the Arbitration Board in itself (or even to a Civil Court of Law, if Frank and Ron really have the balls). Let alone the content of the new imposed rules.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 09:09 (Ref:525381)   #12
allen_overy
Racer

allen_overy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no way FIA can pass regulations without the consent(18 out of 26) of the Formula 1 council. Max is a barrister himself and he should have done all procedurals before laying down the rules! He knows this better than you and I, i presume.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 10:52 (Ref:525471)   #13
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by allen_overy
There is no way FIA can pass regulations without the consent(18 out of 26) of the Formula 1 council. Max is a barrister himself and he should have done all procedurals before laying down the rules! He knows this better than you and I, i presume.
And you don´t think both Frank and Ron haven´t consulted their lawyers before taking action?

Besides, I believe the Concorde Agreement seeks unanimity, not just consent. As it stands now, at least two teams refuse to give their go-head. So the FIA is in breach of contract of they carry one imposing those rules.

Yet, Max´ letter is only about the reasons of both McLaren and Williams for not wanting to commit to the proposed rules. But that is totally besides the point. The point is that the FIA is in breach of contract if they carry on.

It really isn´t all that difficult.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 12:44 (Ref:525543)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if the racing is boring, at least we will have fun watching the countroom drama.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 12:48 (Ref:525553)   #15
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Well if the racing is boring, at least we will have fun watching the countroom drama.
Don't you mean when Liz!
Old 5 Mar 2003, 13:15 (Ref:525587)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The concorde agreement only requires unanimity when it comes to technical regulations, at least thats how I've always seen it.

Now the main tech regs for this year at least were the banning of driver aids, however from what I understand the FIA are using a loophole in the current rules stating that the driver must drive the car unaided, merely a rigid application of the rules.

And besides, Max showed in his letter that the teams are totally incapable of making any decisions amongst themselves.

Last edited by paulzinho; 5 Mar 2003 at 13:16.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 16:02 (Ref:525772)   #17
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
And besides, Max showed in his letter that the teams are totally incapable of making any decisions amongst themselves.
A democracy isn´t always convient, but should that be enough justification to take a dictatorial approach? For a weak ruler, perhaps.

Max letter lacked common decency and relevance, but i suppose most people like it that way.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 16:08 (Ref:525776)   #18
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would agree with dictatorship, however not Max! Despite what Max has written in that letter, he is also unable to take coherent decissions either.

PS: Unanimity is required only if the proposed Tech regs changes have to happen the year of voting. That's why Max rambles about loopholes, but actually Ron is right. FIA is breaching the contract.