Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Oct 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2569255)   #1
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear v8superfarce

How can one be judged an infrigment when the race has been restarted from the previous grid hence clearing the previous start?

Cromptom gave up, also why was RK given the black flag when the same thing has happened before and that person was not given it?

Why is it you will deploy the safety car for incidents but when the last couple of laps happen you wont?

This was a joke of a round in turms of the mangement of it.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2569258)   #2
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When did VESA make an account here? Whats their username, i want to pm them
Old 25 Oct 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2569260)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that whole restart was ****ed, excuse the french but it was. IMO they shouldn't do that in the first place but if they are atleast grid them up properly and start again.

that whole scenario regarding Ricko was BS too, i feel sorry for him there, it was almost gone when they issued the flag and probably would have stopped in a lap or 2.

i have to agree it was a joke there must have been some good stuff going around up in race (out of) control.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2569271)   #4
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I can not understand is that they had to re-grid after the problem in the second race of the day but in the first race of the day the safety car was deployed before half of them made the corner due because of the accident of the front straight cars were not put back into grid positions while the safety car was out. The decision to reset the grid in the second race would have to be the worse decision I have ever seen in my life and I have been watching or officiating in motor racing since the late 60's
Old 25 Oct 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2569320)   #5
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
How can one be judged an infrigment when the race has been restarted from the previous grid hence clearing the previous start?

Cromptom gave up, also why was RK given the black flag when the same thing has happened before and that person was not given it?

Why is it you will deploy the safety car for incidents but when the last couple of laps happen you wont?

my brother made the same point - its an absolute farce and V8 is turning into a joke

Bro was more of a V8 fan then I was now he Cant be xxxxd.....I can see why now
Old 25 Oct 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2569329)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poor form by those in steward - land, I feel for those in driver - land who had to deal with this stuff up not to mention the poor people in team manager - land. Very tough indeed - land.

Impressive call by Crompton though
Old 25 Oct 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2569507)   #7
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Poor form by those in steward - land, I feel for those in driver - land who had to deal with this stuff up not to mention the poor people in team manager - land. Very tough indeed - land.

Impressive call by Crompton though
Get it straight though - this is NOT a stewards call - it is a call solely made by a failed former F1 driver (who must be glad the Americans weren't at the Gold Coast this year and having to listen to their opinoions of him being a 'former F1 driver' again )
Old 25 Oct 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2569563)   #8
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That decision very nearly drove me ti turn my telly off and put my Homebush ticket on e-bay.

* If the call was made to re-grid if cars went in through the chicane, every leg should have been re-gridded!

* What number of cars constituted "too many"?

Not to mention the other crazy calls that were made (and in a few cases, not made).

They can hide behind the "afety" excuse all they want for penalising Lowndes or Rick, but they have no bloody consistency at all. They just seem intent of rolling their power around when they want.

Maybe someone felt the need to re-inforce that they are a demi-god?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2569567)   #9
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes should not have been penalised, Ignall braked badly and Lowndes had no where to go, it was crowded and too hard to see brake markers.

BUT, that call - what a **** up of the highest order, who in their right mind would make up a stupid rule like that FFS. Old Tim? surely not, it must have been some other w@nker surely, Tim couldn't do it all on his own, he would have just made the call, everyone has a boss!!!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2569595)   #10
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8Supercars (and particularly one Mr Shenken) seriously needs a shakeup.

I'm sick to death of a safety car being thrown every single time something goes wrong. What happened to common sense and using double waved yellow flags to move cars off the track or pick up tiny pieces of debris?

Particularly annoyed at the safety car being thrown at Phillip Island after McConville's turn 1 spin. Yes okay it was a big moment, but noone was hurt and the cars were fine, so why the safety car?

And don't get me started on the bloody restart at yesterday's race.

What a farce.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2569613)   #11
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Langers - it is the entertainment control vehicle, is there anything wrong with that?

NASCAR throws caution for hot dog wrappers on the track, so there is still a way to go in policies to keep the show exciting in supertaxi land.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2569616)   #12
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The flag for the fuel leak was justified. If you've ever worked trackside at a street circuit and copped a face full of fuel, remembering the marshals and crowd are a lot closer than normal tracks, and the pain and stinging it causes then you wont disagree with me.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2569648)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Langers - it is the entertainment control vehicle, is there anything wrong with that?

NASCAR throws caution for hot dog wrappers on the track, so there is still a way to go in policies to keep the show exciting in supertaxi land.
NASCAR also runs 150+ lap races most of the time, not 30-50-ish ones.

To restore some credibility and some consistency, the failed F1 driver must fall on his sword before V8 Supercars suffers from any more of his futile follies and momentary lapses of reason.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2569664)   #14
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
Get it straight though - this is NOT a stewards call - it is a call solely made by a failed former F1 driver (who must be glad the Americans weren't at the Gold Coast this year and having to listen to their opinoions of him being a 'former F1 driver' again )
Umm - actually it is a stewards call. Pulling the safety car out - that is definitely Tim but re-ordering the grid and applying a penalty to Lowndes were both stewards calls & very poor calls at that.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2569675)   #15
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My two cents:

Black flag for fuel was correct - getting a face full of fuel as a marshall or spectator is not fun. But its the inconsistency thats the problem - as Rick said, the same infringement at Townsville wasn't penalised.
While Lowndes should have been penalised (because he outbraked himself and hit Ingall), the fact that he did after the race was "reset" makes no sense to me
I don't understand why Whincup was not penalised for taking out Bargwanna (and subsequently Richards).
Leaving Courtney's car at the chicane for the end of the race was unacceptable - that was so dangerous for everyone involved. A blatant example of how race control is about "the show".

But worst of all, that safety car "reset grid" farce... that was so unbelievable, never seen anything like it.

In fact, I was surprised that there was not a protest. If I were the teams, I'd have sent a message out to bring all the cars in and refuse to race. They are 75% owners after all.

They could still protest the result now, surely? The rule book doesn't allow for this action to be taken if I'm not mistaken (is it in the supp regs?), so teams could protest the result on the grounds that the rules weren't followed. Its a non race as far as I'm concerned.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2569679)   #16
Jacob Black
Rookie

Jacob Black should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
Lowndes should not have been penalised, Ignall braked badly and Lowndes had no where to go, it was crowded and too hard to see brake markers.
I thought the Lowndes penalty was the only decision I agreed with! except they reset the race so then as crompton said, he was penalised for something that didn't happen....

My read on that incident was Lowndes outbraked himself, tagged Ingall the first time, then couldn't go right (on account of Tander being there) and nailed the side of Ingall. That lock-up from Ingall you see in the footage from Winterbottom's bootlid happened after he was tagged by Lowndes the first time (IE: shunted forward, so had to apply more brake pressure), I don't think Ingall was braking badly.
Was it the lock up from that in-car footage that makes you believe he did? (Just curious)
Old 25 Oct 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2569690)   #17
toby
Rookie

toby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You can't be serious.

In relation to the regridding for the restart Crompton mentioned that it was discussed at the Drivers and Managers briefings what would happen if there was an incident in turn 1 and if some cars were forced to "shortcut" the chicane..

So they all knew what would happen so I am not sure what they were complaining about afterwards they should have jumped up and down at the briefings.

As everyone has said what a joke to regrid as if nothing happened, try telling Ingall and Bargwanna that nothing happened at the first corner.

I also loved Lowndes reaction after he was told by the team that he had a drive thru "whats that for"
Old 26 Oct 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2569718)   #18
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
MBlack flag for fuel was correct - getting a face full of fuel as a marshall or spectator is not fun. But its the inconsistency thats the problem - as Rick said, the same infringement at Townsville wasn't penalised.
While Lowndes should have been penalised (because he outbraked himself and hit Ingall), the fact that he did after the race was "reset" makes no sense to me
I don't understand why Whincup was not penalised for taking out Bargwanna (and subsequently Richards).
Leaving Courtney's car at the chicane for the end of the race was unacceptable - that was so dangerous for everyone involved. A blatant example of how race control is about "the show".

But worst of all, that safety car "reset grid" farce... that was so unbelievable, never seen anything like it.
Agree with all that. Not sure how someone else getting away with something is a reason why you should as well. I don't have a problem with Lowndes getting pinged - Ingall locking up is going to make him take more distance to stop not less, so that is no excuse IMO. There seems to be a real reluctance to finishing the race under yellows, which would have happened if there was a SC for Courtney's car - would have been interesting if someone hit it.

The restart was unbelievable, I couldn't believe they re-shuffled the field. Why did they take so long to throw the full-course yellow?

Langers - not sure there is such a thing as double yellows any more? In any case at such a confined track I don't have an issue with using the SC for any personnel going onto the track.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2569728)   #19
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is the Black Wiggle going to come out and apoliges to the race fans over the weekends garbage served up by VE$A & Stewards. Don't hold your breath.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Oct 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2569733)   #20
vicau
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne Australia
vicau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the regridding bull why wasn't Ingall put back in his correct position for this not to happen just make the whole thing a farsikle
JW seems to be a protected species in making a pass that was not there and destroying two cars.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2569735)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicau View Post
With the regridding bull why wasn't Ingall put back in his correct position for this not to happen just make the whole thing a farsikle
JW seems to be a protected species in making a pass that was not there and destroying two cars.
Rusty's car was damaged had the car not been damaged or the team was able to get the car out intime he would of been where he started.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 01:20 (Ref:2569738)   #22
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Farce all right

Some consistancy would be nice. Fiore gets black flagged, and rightly so for the flapping RH guard. Why then is Whincup allowed to race with a piece of body work flapping in the breeze?

And then is seen by all to be flicking the car against the wall to dislodge the piece. How irresponsible is that?

Drivers are cautioned about bring debris onto the track, and here we have someone that should, no, does know better trying to dislodge the flapping piece.

Whincups desperation in showing big time with the above saga, and some of the insane overtaking moves he is making.

But he'll be allowed to get away with it by gutless ,pathetic soft**** stewards.

JW protected species? Damn right he is.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2569746)   #23
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post

Yes, yes, yes and yes!

If there's anything consistent, it's V8SC's inconsistency in applying the 'rules'.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2569750)   #24
vicau
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne Australia
vicau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they were serious about the regridding why wasn't Ingall put in correct order this restart thing was BULL
JW is a protected species turns one car around in effect taking two cars out and recieves no penatly
Old 26 Oct 2009, 04:08 (Ref:2569777)   #25
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You have to be kidding right? If you cant brake in time, you brake SOONER, no motorsport allows you to use the car in front as your brakes and end his race and you continue on your merry way. Reminds me of Frostys excuse at Bahrain a few years back 'i had nothing left' referring to when he spun Tander. Well duh, put your foot on the pedal soooooooooner. Not that ****in difficult.