Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:46 (Ref:916489)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sod it.

I'm gonna reinstall the game and the mod - see if that makes any difference.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:48 (Ref:916492)   #77
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
make sure you run F1 C first, before installing PTC, I think they may have been part of the problem. I suspect there was a corupt config file or something, thats what it sounds like.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 14:30 (Ref:916539)   #78
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Excellent!

Got it now. Did quite well actually, picked up F1C and NHL2004 (for my lad) for £30.
Can I ask where did you buy F1C from, is that the games full title?

Thanks
Old 23 Mar 2004, 14:51 (Ref:916564)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
F1 Challenge '99-02

I got it from Virgin

Reinstalled - F1C running fine - same replay problem.

Reinstalled Proto C - same replay problem.

Just humour me Ed - you've saved a replay and you want to run it - not in cockpit. What do you do?
Old 23 Mar 2004, 16:36 (Ref:916689)   #80
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
ok, here we go
first up i select the rplay i want, then I'll open it up and maximise. Usually It'll load up with the car in the garage, sitting in cockpt veiw. I'l change the veiw by pressing one of the page down, page up or home keys, and then press the play button. I'll then adjust the camera if in swing cam, and press F12 for screen shots.
When I get home I'll have a look at my config files, see if i can see anywhere which affects cameras.
Ed
Old 23 Mar 2004, 16:59 (Ref:916716)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's where nothing is happening for me. I'll be sitting in the car and pressing home, page up or page down and nothing is happening for me. But my default driving setting is cockpit view - does that make a difference? I don't see why it ought to - I would have thought that 95% of people would drive in cockpit anyway.....?
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:02 (Ref:916720)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does anyone know what this line in the ini files means (both the original and the proto C):-

CAMERAEDITORRESOURCEDIR=DEVFILES\CAMED\

I haven't got a devfiles folder (and therefore no camed folder). Have you?
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:31 (Ref:916761)   #83
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
I have mine set to coclpit, I'm home now, so i'll just have a look at the files. I'm not sure what that entry does, as i can't find the folder it relates to.

Last edited by Try Hard; 23 Mar 2004 at 17:39.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:45 (Ref:916782)   #84
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse, I wonder if your replay problem is similar to the problem I have been having......

I recently got a new computer, with a smaller keyboard than usual where the Home, Page down etc keys are removed, and instead these functions are placed on the number pad, accessed when num lock is off. I cannot for the life of me change the replay view by using home, end , page down etc, but it defaults to TV view in instant replays for me so its not too bad. But I cannt get the camera to change view when loading a replay. Do you have one of these keyboards?

I am thinking of swapping my keyboard for a cheapie from work so I can watch the replays!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:55 (Ref:916791)   #85
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Hmm, that could be possible
I've had a lok at all the files i can think of (plr's gdb'd, ini's) and i can't find any entries relating to camera controls.
It sounds to me as if its a bug/config problem with F1 C, espeically if its happening with the F1 version of the game.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:57 (Ref:916797)   #86
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You could be right Andy - my home and page up etc controls are on the numeric pad as well. I've got another keyboard upstairs, perhaps I'll give that a go...... brb.....
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:59 (Ref:916802)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Or not, as the case may be. Unfortunately its in use. But I'll give that a try later. Thanks in anticipation, anyway! Its a silly thing , because I'm really enjoying driving the cars, but like anything which doesn't quite work like its supposed to, its very frustrating and annoying!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:04 (Ref:916812)   #88
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
By the way I dont have a deault.cfg file either, so i don't think thats the problem
I still say the best bet is to go here and post a query, the V_LM guys seem to respond fairly rapidly.
Ed
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:45 (Ref:916890)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think you do - I found it eventually in the "save" folder.

Well, I've got my old keyboard in front of me - but guess what, when I load a replay now, I'm getting an immediate CTD..... Guess I just can't win.....
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:57 (Ref:916906)   #90
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
arrgh nightmare, I'm stumped I'm afraid
Have you checked your keyboard manufactuers website for any updates/fixes?

Last edited by Try Hard; 23 Mar 2004 at 18:58.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 19:09 (Ref:916918)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nope - but its jsut a normal old serial keyboard - no software....

I'm now getting the CTD every time I load a replay. I've posted my log file on the VirtuaLM forum - thatnks for that, I didn't know it existed. I just hope I can still race.....
Old 23 Mar 2004, 19:35 (Ref:916952)   #92
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
this could be interesting,
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=140498
Not related to your problems though ayse, although this might be useful when you get things sorted.
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=143096

Last edited by Try Hard; 23 Mar 2004 at 19:36.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 19:53 (Ref:916979)   #93
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
From know on I can be officially known as Ayse "Happy Bunny" Dasi.

A reboot of my pc cured my CTDs and the ancient keyboard has given me all the camera views - one to think about if you're investing in a new one.

So thanks to all for their advice, particularly Andy for the keyboard suggestion.

Jeez, these cars looks absolutely awesome.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jun 2006 at 19:54.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 20:12 (Ref:917011)   #94
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the nissan rocks but is very under powered. try a mercedes instead. or, if youve a nice, smooth foot. a jaguar.

try hard - you missed some good racing last night. i drafted by a pug with a jag at spa on the "straight" after eau rouge only to get punted at the bus stop ... twice.

Last edited by Es Nes; 23 Mar 2004 at 20:13.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 20:15 (Ref:917014)   #95
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to be of service Ayse
Old 23 Mar 2004, 21:50 (Ref:917118)   #96
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Just had a really fun 7 lap race at brazil in the konrad, on the 3.5L season. Managed to get up to 16th off the start (was 23rd), by a big lunge into the first turn.
passed o'connel in the nissan on the first lap, but was being harased by fabi and frentzen in the jag and lola respectivly. fabi manged to put a move on me round the outside of turn 4 on lap 4, and frentzen pushed me wide on lap 6, unfortuanlty also letting o'conell back through. Still managed to finish 18th which i was very happy with (even had toyota behind me). Har dwork, but good fun. Found a nice setup for the konrad in fact, was understeering too much so left the front wing at max and dropped the rear by 3. worked well.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 03:36 (Ref:917379)   #97
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone know what this line in the ini files means (both the original and the proto C):-

CAMERAEDITORRESOURCEDIR=DEVFILES\CAMED\
Yes

Quote:

I haven't got a devfiles folder (and therefore no camed folder). Have you?
People who might have such a folder might not be allowed to tell you It looks suspiciously like a reference to an editing tool which might be required by the mod makers.

Matt
Old 24 Mar 2004, 06:39 (Ref:917442)   #98
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah. Thanks Matt.

Still I was clutching at straws then - problem now solved.

How do you feel about the latest incarnation of your Le Mans track?
Old 24 Mar 2004, 12:31 (Ref:917765)   #99
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For anyone who hasn't realised, there's a forum at RSC specifically for Proto C here.....

PTC
Old 24 Mar 2004, 12:38 (Ref:917773)   #100
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
BTW for Damon - you wanted my seal of approval - you've got it. This is something you will just have to get. Seriously......