Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jul 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3557936)   #1
24 Hours With.....
Rookie

24 Hours With..... should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Le Mans Book

Firstly hello, it's great to be part of the forum.

Just wanted to mention to you fellow Endurance racing fans of my book project where I will be attending Le Mans 2016 with a racing team so that I can document their entire week. The book will then be published in hard copy and ebook download.

I can be followed on Twitter @24Hours_With and I have promised that every Twitter follower I get will be mentioned in the credits within my book.

I look forward to chatting everything that is Endurance racing with you all.
Old 12 Jul 2015, 20:40 (Ref:3557971)   #2
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First off, welcome to 10 Tenths!

Secondly, great idea for a book, I hope you're able to enjoy the process as much as a lot of us enjoy reading good books about motor racing.

I'll give your Twitter a follow too to stay up-to-date.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 06:40 (Ref:3558113)   #3
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 Hours With..... View Post
Firstly hello, it's great to be part of the forum.

Just wanted to mention to you fellow Endurance racing fans of my book project where I will be attending Le Mans 2016 with a racing team so that I can document their entire week. The book will then be published in hard copy and ebook download.

I can be followed on Twitter @24Hours_With and I have promised that every Twitter follower I get will be mentioned in the credits within my book.

I look forward to chatting everything that is Endurance racing with you all.
If this is a commercial project, be aware that you will need a licence from the ACO, they are very protective of their event. Such a licence is not cheap and has to be paid up front.

A few years back someone got to the stage of having a book printed without the consent of the ACO, which the courts then ordered to be pulped.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 06:57 (Ref:3558118)   #4
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The book can be found if you know where to look ...
Old 13 Jul 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3558195)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes welcome to the forum, as you are probably aware le mans is a real passion of many people on this forum and after 29 trips to the great race i am by no means an exception, in fact there are many on here that surpass me in attendance. I am not on twitter or facebook but would be happy to help you in anyway i can, in fact if you have any questions please asked them in the forum and you will be inundated with answers.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3558288)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep us updated and also join in the discussion, you will have a lot in common to talk about with the members here. I'd hate to think you were here just for free advertising.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3558357)   #7
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speaking of Le Mans books the next volume in Quentin Spurring's Le Mans history books is out in October.It covers the 1920's.This series is in my opinion easily the best motor sport history books ever published.The 1960's edition is becoming very rare although the current publishers,Evro,seem to be still selling it.
Apparently the 1930's is out in 2016,the 2000's in 2017 and then we're done at least until the end of this decade.Even I years where I also have the Le Mans Annual these are my go to Le Mans books.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 08:59 (Ref:3558423)   #8
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the best with the book, I'm always interested in New Le Mans books.

Also good to hear that the next volume of the Le Mans history books is coming out this year as I hadn't seen anything recently about them.