Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2434873)   #1
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mclarens number two

Bi bi Kovi ?

Always liked the man but two races and not two laps ?
Old 6 Apr 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2434942)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
He's only 1 point behind Lewis in the championship.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 6 Apr 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2434944)   #3
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post

Sack em both then !
Old 6 Apr 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2434952)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's not quite at the Andretti stage yet!

It needs to be taken in context.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2434965)   #5
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happened - how did he come off the road?

His quali was just as good as Hamilton's, and his pace all weekend had been good too.

Melbourne was hardly his fault. Just one of those crazy start incidents.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2434974)   #6
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
What happened - how did he come off the road?
Trying to pass on the outside dirty line of a high speed corner and losing it completely. Just lucky he went off the track not straight back into the middle of the road (the backend stepped out inwards).

Quote:
Melbourne was hardly his fault. Just one of those crazy start incidents.
So who's fault was it that he slammed into the back of Barrichello causing a 4 car crash and leading to his own retirement?

He really needs to chill down on the first lap for race 3.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2434978)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got to be totally honest, I don't rate him at all, but I'll gladly be proven wrong.

However he has been the architect of his own misfortune so far this season.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2434989)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
... and no driver has ever retired in 2 consecutive races before???

I dont really rate him, but it's a bit of a non-story IMO. I think McLaren have bigger problems to sort out at the moment.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2434992)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have 15 more races to go, he has plenty time to change his fortune.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:16 (Ref:2434994)   #10
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He hasn't been far off Hamiltons pace, he has just made a couple of mistakes. And lets be honest, McLaren and Lewis haven't been mistake free either have they?

Heikki may have 2 DNFs, but I'd take that over a ruined reputation and a DQ for cheating.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2435006)   #11
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
He's not a patch on Hamilton (in my opinion) but he's worthy of his place. Let's not forget that Felipe Massa had a similar start to 2008 and almost ended up champion.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2435029)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I realise now that I mis-read the thread title.

I thought it was McLaren's number two (ie the number two of McLaren).

But it actually says McLarens number two. Yes they are.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2435037)   #13
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
And he's level with both Ferrari drivers in the Championship
Old 6 Apr 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2435041)   #14
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
I realise now that I mis-read the thread title.

I thought it was McLaren's number two (ie the number two of McLaren).

But it actually says McLarens number two. Yes they are.
Ahh for a second there I thought you were thinking McLaren are Mercedes number 2

Personally I dont think Henki deserves his seat at McLaren. I'm not saying not F1, just not McLaren.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2435059)   #15
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where does he deserve a seat then? Toyota? Brawn? Williams?

About the only teams he can go to (at the moment) that would be a step down from McLaren is Force India or Ferrari.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2435063)   #16
Glen
Veteran

He's just as fast in quali as the World Champion, but has not quite had the breaks in the two races so far - give it a bit longer eh?

Besides, who wants to go and drive at that team at the moment?
Old 6 Apr 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2435068)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
They can't get rid of him, he is the only Finn I have ever seen thats always smiling and I went out with a couple in my yof, miserable cows!
Old 6 Apr 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2435156)   #18
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy View Post
Where does he deserve a seat then? Toyota? Brawn? Williams?

About the only teams he can go to (at the moment) that would be a step down from McLaren is Force India or Ferrari.
Actually, Ferrari is up on pace on McL, they just continued with last years bad strategy + some reliability problems. Only team behind McL is the essentially McL customer car of Force India. TR is hovering around down there somewhere as well.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2435198)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Heikki may have 2 DNFs, but I'd take that over a ruined reputation and a DQ for cheating.
Oh god, here we go.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 00:08 (Ref:2435575)   #20
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I used to rate Heikki in GP2 and during the later half of the year at Renault, but the Heikki of old has just disappeared. He fell off a lot at the end of the GP2 season, and I'm not sure he's really recovered...
Old 7 Apr 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2435586)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I expected him to string together more results last year, it was certainly a disappointment, and I think he's got it in him to do better, although in fairness he had the lion's share of the unreliability.

This year, he's looked fairly close to Hamilton in a fair few of the sessions. That he hasn't completed a lap (even if at least once that's entirely his doing) means we haven't really seen how he's going to fare yet, so I think you have to be far more patient before making a judgement of his current performance.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2435587)   #22
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Oh god, here we go.
What? I'm just putting Heikkis performance in context. He has had a poor start, but can it really be said that it is much worse than Hamiltons? No, of course not. And in terms of speed, Heikki has been very close to Lewis in all of the important sessions throughout the season so far. So similar speeds. 2 DNFs for Heikki, 1 DQ and a publicity nightmare for Lewis.

You can "here we go" and roll eyes all you want - but your first source of comparison is always your team mate.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 06:04 (Ref:2435658)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you are making a massive leap in your logic.

Forgetting the personality problem people appear to have with Hamilton, Heikki has completed absolutely zero racing laps, whilst his team mate has completed substantially more. Of the two, it'd be a foolish person who took a non finisher over a finisher.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 06:33 (Ref:2435667)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
And in terms of speed, Heikki has been very close to Lewis in all of the important sessions throughout the season so far.
Except for the two most important sessions, in which Lewis Hamilton drove superbly through the field to finish in a points-paying position whilst his team-mate threw it off on the first lap.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2435675)   #25
mjkh
Rookie

mjkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Heikki is being smart and saving his engines? At this rate he can do half a season with one