Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Feb 2016, 12:52 (Ref:3613636)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Speaking of Subarus - does anyone know what's happened with Kevin McCann and his Subaru, I know he was building a new shape shell but it's all gone quiet.
Last I heard he was selling up. I don't know how often Kev visits the forum, but hopefully he will post a reply himself containing better news!
Old 10 Feb 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3613660)   #17
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know what Julian Godfrey has planned for his old Fiesta. Hopefully he'll hold on to it complete and wheel it out on special occasions. After all, it's been a superb competition vehicle for him; not many cars have 5 British Championships under their wheels! Don't break it JG!

Andy Scott is in a position to choose who drives for him this year in the British European and WRX. Few can say that. JAMES Grint could do well, he and the 208 are both very competitive. Will Andy be happy being beaten by a team mate though!? 😀
Old 17 Feb 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3615440)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well after the Dan Rooke news in the World thread, another Supercar has been confirmed for the British Rallycross Championship:

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/ja...ritish-rx-2016

Jack Thorne in a Supercar should be interesting to see!
Old 17 Feb 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3615514)   #19
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Now that is interesting news. Good stuff!

Thinking of good stuff, I'm pleased to see its not the same Fiesta Max Pucher stuffed in the armco at Lithuania (I think it was) in the European last year!!

Yes, the supercars should be just that - super!

Cheers, Steve
Old 17 Feb 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3615553)   #20
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's almost enough decent superstar regulars to justify the semi final approach. Should be good, just hope Ollie and kev Procter confirm soon.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3615739)   #21
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
There might be a healthy number of super cars at the start but being complex pieces of kit used in an aggressive environment how many will be running by the semi finals?

As Julian Godfrey has proven, consistency counts.

Roll on the new season.....

Cheers Steve
Old 19 Feb 2016, 08:58 (Ref:3615923)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Confirmation that Dan Rooke will be driving a LDM DS3 in the British Championship this year:

http://www.lyddenhill.co.uk/news/msa...ercars-in-2016
Old 19 Feb 2016, 09:18 (Ref:3615932)   #23
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that the same DS3 that Harris used, or a different one? Hope they find more pace in it. His and Pat's always seemed off the pace
Old 19 Feb 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3615971)   #24
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Confirmation that Dan Rooke will be driving a LDM DS3 in the British Championship this year:

http://www.lyddenhill.co.uk/news/msa...ercars-in-2016
So what about the C4?
Old 19 Feb 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3615995)   #25
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
So what about the C4?
Quite! Liam did state it was ready for DR! Maybe he meant it was ready for 'doctoring'? 😆 Ahem!

It's too modern to be Retro
Maybe at the time of posting it was an option for Dan to take but it's now confirmed he's in a DS3. Just my speculation.

Cheers Steve
Old 20 Feb 2016, 09:43 (Ref:3616221)   #26
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might actually come down and watch the BRX this year for the first time in a while. Be nice a Derek Tohill and the Irish guys come over too sprinkled with a few Europeans. See A few Europeans will be using Lydden as a shakedown.
Old 20 Feb 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3616231)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel a bit for Dan, I do understand the need to get into a supercar quickly.

but the track record of LD is not very good when it comes to customer cars, the only one that ever did much was the Bakkerud car that he is supposed to be driving.

Even Liams equipment has been woefully unreliable in recent years and his team went through drivers like a knife through butter when he was running two cars.
Old 20 Feb 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3616260)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
BRX of course has lower level than WRX/ERX so cars can be tuned more on reliability than performance.

In contrast to Belgium/Holland the SC class is looking good.

I am glad BRX will be again on Youtube.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3616678)   #29
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Wow - Dave Newsham jumps ship from the BTCC to the British Rallycross Championship in a Power Maxed Fiesta Supercar.

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/po...sh-rx-for-2016

Didn't see that one coming!
Old 22 Feb 2016, 10:29 (Ref:3616682)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Wow - Dave Newsham jumps ship from the BTCC to the British Rallycross Championship in a Power Maxed Fiesta Supercar.

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/po...sh-rx-for-2016

Didn't see that one coming!
Just came here to post that, but I'm too slow! As you say, not a bit of news I expected.

Newsham will drive an " ex-FIA European Rallycross Championship Ford Fiesta". I wonder whose car that is?