Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 1 Aug 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3756679)   #126
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
What was in his hands and his hands alone was signing on to do 2 racing series, at the possible expense of FE if it has date conflicts. No one forced him to do that, it was all his decision. Do you think if Alonso lost the F1 title at the last round because he chose to skip Monaco and do Indy instead, the team, shareholders and investors that have put millions into the project, the team of 100's of workers, would be very happy about that? Just so Alonso could enjoy a bit of racing on the side? It's a rarity that that would even happen with a F1 driver skipping a race to race elsewhere. But Dams allowed it.

It's no different to Buemi sacrificing 2 rounds of FE to do a full season of WEC, except that Buemi in this case Buemi really was leading the championship and skipping those 2 rounds likely did cost him the title.

That's greedy. What else do you call it? Do you not like me calling your precious Buemi greedy? He certainly didn't come across too likeable post-race in the Saturday race so if he wants to act like that, I'll call him whatever the hell I want. They're in the public sporting arena so people are going to discuss them on forums, that's what forums are for. Sometimes they might not be in such a positive light. That doesn't mean I don't even follow the series and are just spouting off, that's just silly and if you can't provide constructive discussion then why are you even here?

On the other hand, I'm not so against being greedy. If I was a driver I'd want to do multiple series in a season as well. These guys have a limited shelf life at their peak performance (post-40 no driver is as fast as he was at 30), might as well make the most if it while you can.

But I'd feel pretty damn guilty about it now though if I were him and it most likely cost the team the drivers title. Maybe without him they never would have had a chance at the title, though. Nico didn't even get a podium did he?

If Buemi stays another season with Toyota and Dams and there's a conflict again for 2 races, knowing he couldn't get it done this year, will that be fair on the team? Especially with someone like Gasly who would probably take that seat if he doesn't replace Kyvat in 2018. Or plenty of other good drivers that would love to be in the best car in FE and WEC.

A few points? What good would that do? Lucas finished 24 points ahead of Buemi. Probably would have been more but Lucas was just cruising to finish the last race instead of pushing for more points. He needed a lot more than a few points. The final races might have gone different if he weren't under pressure, who knows.
Since you've decided to expose yourself as the blow hard know nothing moron I thought you were I'll respond in simple small words as to not confuse you.

First, I don't pull for any one driver. I was calling YOU out for deciding what is good for a driver without actually considering his career or wait, the TEAM'S decisions to allow a driver to compete in other series. They knew going in where he was racing and how his contracts were written. They agreed so I guess they were fine with it. But hey, it's not your cash so feel free to spend it for them since you're so good at it. And be factual, and more important consistent with your use of greedy. Can't say he is greedy and selfish and then a sentence later say you understand, pick one stance this isn't politics.

Second, just because you feel like he should have felt guilty does not mean the team or he feel the same. I actually listen to the team and if they are ok with it guess what, THEY ARE OK WITH IT. Your judgement online makes you look petty, immature and frankly not worthy of my time to even read your moronic postings.

Third, adding to discussion would actually have to involve listening the involved parties which you obviously have not. Buemi and the team both felt having him on the team was worth the time, cash and effort. Both no, a internet genius knows how to run a race team better than a professional team. That is NOT debate and discussion, that's pontificating and pompous blowhard.

And FYI, I think Buemi is a bit of a prima donna so where you decided he was my driver? I'm at loss for how you decided that.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 00:10 (Ref:3756812)   #127
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Broadrun why don't you go take a break from armchair internet trolling and come back when you can be a civilised human being and speak to people with respect. Something you must have lost in your in your years since retiring and spending life on the forums.

You read far too much into the word greedy like it's some massive personal attack. Most people are greedy in some measure, it's a part of human nature. I'm greedy with some things, you will be too among other personality traits - you don't come across as a positive, likeable person at all.

Yes I CAN say he's greedy and a sentence later say I say I can understand it. That doesn't undermine my previous statement, that just makes me greedy as well if I was in that situation, should I do the same thing. I definitely wouldn't have though, not when the team was depending on you going in as the championship favourite. They've really only got one championship contender, Nico is only on the team because of Alain.
I don't need to pick a stance as it's not a black and white situation, it usually never is. There's always two sides to an argument.

Anyway I don't need to justify my thoughts on the situation of the team potentially losing the drivers title because Buemi had a contract to race WEC as well, not with someone like you.

According to you I'm a moron, petty, immature, a pompous blowhard, that apparently hasn't even watched FE or understand motorsport (what a "moronic" peahead comment), requires small words to understand English, and other smartass remarks like apparently I think I can run the team better. All just from a 1 post that had no insults in it apart from thinking Buemi may have let the team down by running conflicting series.

Half of your comments about the team and Buemi are just assumptions, you have no idea how Buemi or everyone on the team and sponsors/shareholders feel about the season and contract and nor do I. If they were bitter about, you think they'd say that to the media? No. But I can surmise what I would feel about it, which I have done.

You're obviously a typical cantankerous retired old man who needs a break, don't ever bother commenting on my posts, your feedback is not constructive it's just put downs.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3756853)   #128
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

You're both contributing to this. Both, now, as bad as each other and bad examples of internet posters (and civil people) whoever started it. Both over sensitive, both had snide comments and now direct insults.

Time for it to stop.

Sorry, everyone else.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 07:23 (Ref:3757136)   #129
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, at least this is a season thread, and that season is over. Moving on.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3758888)   #130
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You're both contributing to this. Both, now, as bad as each other and bad examples of internet posters (and civil people) whoever started it. Both over sensitive, both had snide comments and now direct insults.

Time for it to stop.

Sorry, everyone else.
Thanks for stepping in Adam ☺