Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Feb 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3798399)   #376
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-1987 View Post
Anyone knows whats happened to opel?? They stopped their tcr program or they just didnt find any team team in wtcr or they simply focus on national programs?
That is no stop
https://www.facebook.com/KisslingMot...type=3&theater
They didn´t have a WTCR-Team, thats all :P
Old 4 Feb 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3798400)   #377
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of good names will start TCR Europe and the national TCR series

For example TCR Italy and TCR Europe have no clash
Old 4 Feb 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3798478)   #378
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Wheels of Fire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway, I think that 3 races per event is a wrong choice: often in touring car races we See many accidents and the cars can't be repaired for next races. In My opinion an interesting format could be free practices on friday or saturday, 2 qualifying races on saturday for The grid (first heat for positions from 15 To 28 And second heat for pole position To p14, both heats 3 laps); single race on Sunday, At about 30 laps (or 30-35 minutes long)
Old 4 Feb 2018, 23:29 (Ref:3798499)   #379
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels of Fire View Post
Anyway, I think that 3 races per event is a wrong choice: often in touring car races we See many accidents and the cars can't be repaired for next races. In My opinion an interesting format could be free practices on friday or saturday, 2 qualifying races on saturday for The grid (first heat for positions from 15 To 28 And second heat for pole position To p14, both heats 3 laps); single race on Sunday, At about 30 laps (or 30-35 minutes long)
So according to you supporter should spend all sunday in circuit just to see 30 min of race?
Old 5 Feb 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3798585)   #380
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It works fine in BTCC, drivers will just have to be a bit more cautious in race one and two.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3798605)   #381
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Fechna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 races is an awesome move! If you ever attended a WTCC weekend and drove there for hours to see a total of 45 min of racing you really feel ripped of. Now we get around 75 Minutes and three intensive heats. And race one is on saturday... so one night and one morning for repairs.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3798606)   #382
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The problem is the points system is too confusing
Old 5 Feb 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3798616)   #383
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The problem is the points system is too confusing
Agreed. And for the 2019 id suggest to organizer to put a max limit of cars that manufacture can field in the championships. I mean if we should have a car model clearly stronger of all others cars its obvious that lots team will want that model.

For me its still unbelievable how can some team can choose alfa romeo giulietta prepared by romeo ferraris (a private team without any support from alfa) rather than choosing audi seat vw or honda. I wouldnt use that car neither if they give me for free.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3798622)   #384
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
For me its still unbelievable how can some team can choose alfa romeo giulietta prepared by romeo ferraris (a private team without any support from alfa) rather than choosing audi seat vw or honda. I wouldnt use that car neither if they give me for free.
Under the way bop is done right now having a working oddball car like the alfa in a single team creates an interesting loophole: Youre not competing against another topteam with your Seat/VW/Honda/Audi, so your lack of performance can be seen as a reason to make the car lighter or run a lower minimum height, etc. Im not sure Borkovic or Kajaja would have won a single race last year in an Audi. Now they are both race winners. Bamboos and WestCoast biggest “enemys“ last year were the other Seat and VW teams that outperformed them at the beginning of the season, showing the organizers that the cars are fast enough, but the teams and drivers werent...

Another reason to drive a car like the alfa is that you are more visible to the public then the 5th Audi driver. You distinguish yourself, make a win more memorable to the public, maybe more interesting to possible sponsors.

But if you intend to win the championship, better stay away from those cars...
Old 5 Feb 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3798628)   #385
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Giulietta isn't so bad. It goes strong in some places and it is worst in others but thanks also to BOP is a good lower budget option than VW, Audi, Honda...

Borkovic is a quick driver
Old 5 Feb 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3798630)   #386
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
The Giulietta isn't so bad.
No. Its by far the best independenty build car. But without a lot more development on the suspension and drivability no team could pull off a championship win with it.

And i love Borkovic for his extreme driving style... and his occasionally competitive speed.

I prefer that to some other drivers who never excite me.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3798640)   #387
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
So according to you supporter should spend all sunday in circuit just to see 30 min of race?
How last a MotoGP or a Turismo Carretera race?

Furthermore, a single race is better for TV deals: with 2 or 3 races the risk is to watch races delayed by hours or days.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3798645)   #388
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
How last a MotoGP or a Turismo Carretera race?

Furthermore, a single race is better for TV deals: with 2 or 3 races the risk is to watch races delayed by hours or days.
Thats why motogp (btw races are 40min not 30min) is in a package with moto2 and 3 so you get close to 2 hrs of world championships to watch...

Turismo Carretera also races ~40 plus main race + multiple short heats AND as far as i understand there are 4 different classes on one weekend.

And TV is mostly dead anyway. Streaming is the future for motorsports. Well, actually already the present.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3798647)   #389
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...meo-programme/
Old 5 Feb 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3798648)   #390
Wrldtrng
Rookie

Russian Federation
Wrldtrng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LADA Sport and Mikhail Grachev are now in Magny-Cours. What are they doing there - is unknown.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3798651)   #391
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
It´s the Lada TCR Car - maybe development at Oreca?
Old 5 Feb 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3798662)   #392
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna View Post
Thats why motogp (btw races are 40min not 30min) is in a package with moto2 and 3 so you get close to 2 hrs of world championships to watch...

Turismo Carretera also races ~40 plus main race + multiple short heats AND as far as i understand there are 4 different classes on one weekend.

And TV is mostly dead anyway. Streaming is the future for motorsports. Well, actually already the present.

Obviously the WTCR race won't be the sole competition of The event...
And more races you put in the event more are chances to be missed or totally skipped by fans, at least live on TV/streaming etc.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3798724)   #393
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd like WTCR to copy Argentine touring car racing. For example, a 20 minute sprint race and a 40 minute feature race. Or two 15 minute races with split grids, and a 40 minute feature race.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3798831)   #394
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Most likely.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 22:13 (Ref:3798833)   #395
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'd like WTCR to copy Argentine touring car racing. For example, a 20 minute sprint race and a 40 minute feature race. Or two 15 minute races with split grids, and a 40 minute feature race.
This and 3 race format is both an improvement over the previous WTCC and TCR 2 race format.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 22:16 (Ref:3798834)   #396
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Obviously the WTCR race won't be the sole competition of The event...
And more races you put in the event more are chances to be missed or totally skipped by fans, at least live on TV/streaming etc.
If the races are entertaining people will stay watching.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 06:27 (Ref:3798883)   #397
ChrisMarks
Rookie

Denmark
ChrisMarks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Or preparing for the official TCR BoP?
Old 6 Feb 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3798894)   #398
ChrisMarks
Rookie

Denmark
ChrisMarks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So this basically confirms that Icarus will move to TCR Europe, i guess
Old 6 Feb 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3798957)   #399
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
If the races are entertaining people will stay watching.
I don't think so, nowadays people don't spend the whole day doing the same thing, at least not in Italy, especially youngsters.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3798976)   #400
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
I don't think so, nowadays people don't spend the whole day doing the same thing, at least not in Italy, especially youngsters.
That is true, and describes myself very well. Thats why i love the idea of three races with streaming on youtube (i hope it stays the way it was), because now I can decide when to dedicate 25min three times a weekend to get my fix and dont have to tell my kids, wife and friends that im busy when the sun is shining outside. I can restream saturdays quali and race on Sunday morning before breakfast, watch race 2 sunday after dinner and race 3 on my commute to work on monday. And since touringcar racing isnt super popular its easy to avoid any spoilers... i just stay away from TCT for a day. For me thats just as exciting as watching it live. And my weekend afternoons stay dedicated to things more important.

But please, please keep on streaming... I dont want to buy into the eurosport player.

3 25 min races imo are just the perfect balance between consumerability, exciting racing and sporting value... a WC cant ship 26 cars to lets say Argentina for 45 min of competition, that is and always was absolutely ridiciolous.

Last edited by Fechna; 6 Feb 2018 at 13:43.